The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U15 Megathread] Archwing/syndicates/limbo (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

Without knowing much else outside of what was shown in the trailer, I have to say it looks awesome. Having MORE modes of play and MORE types of missions (ninja or not) isn't a bad thing. It'll help diversify what we have now. Looking forward to seeing how this will be implemented or how it plays out in terms of control.

The game has always felt more sci-fi than sci-fi/ninja to me so it doesn't bother me much to be in spaaaaaace. All I hope it's done well. I hope you're the one controlling your movement vs something like Dead Space 3 where the screen is scrolling and it is up to you to avoid instant death. If remains free-roaming, huzzah!

Edit: I agree on making a set of wings that goes with the warframe, not only are we fashion conscious in color, but we like to look good and unique from each other too. Make the wings for the specific frame.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

I understand and know this information. I failed in my logic.

If this is impossible, I would like a battle fighter.

You still haven't failed yet...Steve did show us an animation of us docking to a larger ship for our Liset..so that could our cruiser?

• will it be timed? since we are at 0 gravity and might get our suits crushed

Stay in School. Anyways to answer OP, you and about 80% of PS4 community (myself included). Not that we necessarily hate the Archwings, but that we don't even have U14 yet lol. Kinda hard to get hyped on U15 while we're still on the U14 Hype Train. It's like getting hyped for Half-Life 3 when you haven't even played 2.

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

I dunno, as a UK English person, when I see "Archwing" I want to prounounce it with a "ch" rather than a "k". 

"k" would be Arcwing or Arkwing.

Must be a Canadian/US English thing to have either-or :)

probably is a Canada/US thing. you see when we split off from the European countries controlling us we became rebellious teenagers and changed things up. the US took it a little forward and began using a different measuring system and as a result screwed its people......

Id like to start by saying that i feel our feed back before we know everything about it is crucial to the success of what de is trying to achieve. They havent said anything along the lines of 'jet wings fighting in space how do you want it to play out?'... so before they get tooooo far into finishing it we should give them what we can, so that it doesnt flop.

As for mag primes codex entry: I think it is talking about focus mode in reference to the wings. I cant picture the archwing 'wrapping someone up in cozy lifesupport filled wings of luv'. Someone mentioned the wings containing life support, but that would feed the warframe, not emit a bubble of breatheable atmosphere.

I am truly hoping for entire mission types based on archwing combat. Defending drifting cryopods or sub-faction ships in transport. Chasing down crewmen in wingsuits or grineer with rocketeer suits. Dodging asteroids and slaying drones.

Imagine the bosses we could enounter in space. Giant infested sattelites surrounded by asteroids wtih turrets on them. Infested cthulu. 

The idea of traveling from liset, to enemy ship, blasting a hole in the side, and boarding it to continue the misson makes me tingly.

AND YES. Of course we want to use the wing on surface missions. IN FACT we want to go from the surface of the planet to the liset waiting in orbit.

Now as for the Archwing and the Weapons. This could be a whole new level of clan tech. As long as they dont incorporate fuel or battery, ill be fine. I wouldnt be suprised if somehow it operates off of our energy. Like each Archwing allows us to use 1-4 for different archwing abilities, each archwing has its own abilities. Im also hoping that we get to choose our weapons, and that they arent tied to the archwing.

Im hoping we all get a default ghetto bootleg generic dollar store archwing to start, but that we get many a archwing to craft and experiment with .  This could also be a new way to get more mastery. As for 10rank archwing mods.. im on the fence about that

Allow me to offer a rebuttal *ahem*

SPACE NINJAS IN SPACE FIGHTING IN SPACE WITH SPACE WINGS IN SPACE

Too                      much                                                                                         Space                      

Hey, here is a thought to some people in here - and you know who you are - GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE.

Your free game just just more free stuff "but it's not the free stuff I was after", well gee, how disappointing it must be for you to realize what a MASSIVE minority you actually are. Some of us WANT content to play through, ANY content, hell, initially broken content even makes for the best content, as it will usually slaughter you before the horde of complainers make "DE tone it down".

You do realize that in a game of ZERO consequences for getting killed, even impossible content is fun content? No? Go play something else, seriously.

Also, the wiki - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Archwing

• It is speculated that an archwing possesses life support, allowing its user to move freely in vacuum space without much repercussion.
    • This speculation is supported by a quote in Mag Prime's Codex entry, in which the author quoted: "I could feel my lungs fill as it wrapped me in it's wings...."

Right cause more is better. Even if it is numbing and stupid. And I'm playing hearthstone on my other screen. :P

because ruk reality.

I don't care if excalibur gains the ability to pull a sword out of his &#!.

I want something refreshing to add to the gameplay and if archwing is going to be that refreshed.

Hell Ruking yes I want it.

*Throws an anvil at op*