The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U15 Megathread] Archwing/syndicates/limbo (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

Ok what we know about Archwings system.

Its been developed on since Mag Prime.

Its free roaming. (in the trailer you can cleary see Excal turning, so its defiantly not a onrailshooter)

Its going to implement a new movement system.

Its going to change many missions

Its going to change bosses, and add some enemies. (less RNG)

Its going to have some type of lore.

That's about all we know.

You seem to know something that other people dont know. Where do you get your info? Who are you? Steve, Scott, Rebecca?

This kind of thinking is dangerous as it creates crying and rage once new content doesnt deliver. Expect nothing fellow Tenno and rage wont consume you.

This kind of thinking is dangerous as it creates crying and rage once new content doesnt deliver. Expect nothing fellow Tenno and rage wont consume you.

What I expect: 

High speed action

Some more reasons to love WF (huge fan of space combat)

That's it. Everything else though, gonna wait till I see more.

You seem to know something that other people dont know. Where do you get your info? Who are you? Steve, Scott, Rebecca?

Think about it logicly.

Mag prime codex references the archwings.

There are enemies in the archwing trailer, so that would imply that their should be bosses. Or bosses will get reworked to use this mechanic.

If you study the video, and compare it to a onrail shooter you can cleary see that its not one.

If the DE has been working on this system for over a year, you think they would waste all that work on 1 new mission type? That would be a EA move.

If its free roaming = new type of movement = new Movement system.

Lore... well there is going to be codex on it.

DE has stated that the more enemies in the game, the less Mod piles will be on 1 type of enemy which means less RNG.

Think about it logicly.

Mag prime codex references the archwings.

There are enemies in the archwing trailer, so that would imply that their should be bosses. Or bosses will get reworked to use this mechanic.

If you study the video, and compare it to a onrail shooter you can cleary see that its not one.

If the DE has been working on this system for over a year, you think they would waste all that work on 1 new mission type? That would be a EA move.

If its free roaming = new type of movement = new Movement system.

Lore... well there is going to be codex on it.

DE has stated that the more enemies in the game, the less Mod piles will be on 1 type of enemy which means less RNG.

I just stated that overthinking produces butthurt. Not being negative or trying to argue with you, just saying in general.

I just stated that overthinking produces butthurt. Not being negative or trying to argue with you, just saying in general.

Ya i understand, i am trying to think like a Dev would.

Ofcourse i could be wrong and it is a onrail shooter, i guess we will know in September. :p

Let's not forget that the only thing we know about U15 is Archwings. There's no point in hyping too much quite yet. U14 introduced three major systems and dozens of smaller fixes/improvements, I expect U15 will have more than just Archwings.

Not sure if anyone mentioned them changing how Warframe life support works, but yeah they're getting rid of the old Survival mission style due to the inconsistencies with that aspect of the game.

They only removed that from planet survival. As in like on earth.

I mean, I kinda feel like this whole game doesn't seem "ninja like".  Aren't Warframes ninjas?  Cause the only "ninja" thing I see in this game are: wall-running and stance combos.... but people call them "space ninjas"

And NOW comes ARCHWING.  Yea ninjas flying in space really feels ninja.... It's like one of those games flying some sort of spaceship... doesn't that not sound like "ninjas"?  Are we gonna farm for stuff while flying in space?  Like trying to get a stupid mod in midair and missing the mod by 1 millimeter every time you try to get it... Honestly I also hate flying games, annoys me a lot.  I like Warframe because it takes place on the ground.

Do you guys think Archwing Update makes things "ninja"?

Ninjas are mercenaries or assassins hired to kill targets in any way.

Doesn't matter what weapon, tatic, or exploitation they used.

The only thing in Warframe unninja is the stealth system, and Frames like Rhino.

Rhino is to fat to be a Ninja

and the stealth system is to hard for you to be a true ninja.