Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U15 Megathread] Archwing/syndicates/limbo (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

archwing looks too much like a shooter to provide a PVP experience that feels unique from the normal conclaves. This is my idea of what flight-based PVP should look like:

more focus on actually positioning yourself around your enemies to get the best angle and line up the perfect shot; the focus on missiles encourages flight and speed, whereas just using guns and melee is more about simply floating around like helocopters. IMO that would be a more fun way to approach archwing, especially if DE wants to add PVP to it.

Edited by Legion-Shields

archwing looks too much like a shooter to provide a PVP experience that feels unique from the normal conclaves. This is my idea of what flight-based PVP should look like:

more focus on actually positioning yourself around your enemies to get the best angle and line up the perfect shot; the focus on missiles encourages flight and speed, whereas just using guns and melee is more about simply floating around like helocopters. IMO that would be a more fun way to approach archwing, especially if DE wants to add PVP to it.

...boss raiders' dream!!

• 2 weeks later...

How will the Archwing levels be integrated into the game?

Will they be a new mission type where you start on an already damaged ship and extract right away?

Will they replace normal extraction forever.. or only when you don't turn off the alarms.. or maybe a random event like when lotus changes your objectives?

Maybe they'll replace extraction only in invasion missions, where the corpus and grineer actually fight each other and there would be an explanation for a fomorian ship to be there..

I've also noticed that Archwing gameplay revolves around destroying a fomorian ship. Does that mean that we'll only be playing against grineer when we go into archwing gameplay?

If archwing were to be invasion exclusive, does this mean that we'll only get to play it if we side with the corpus, and get ambushed by a fomorian ship?

So many questions.. I apologize if this was explained already, I might have missed it

Well DE kind of explained din a devstream how it would be integrated.

It would be a standard corpus mission expect there will be Grineer boarding pods attacking the corpus ship and after a certain point the ship gets damaged enough that you need to extract via archwing and thus space mecha occurs. 

I assume there will be Archwing-specific nodes, and can likely fight a Corpus ship or Infested ship - assuming that what they've showed us isn't just a one-time quest, and we never get to use the Archwings again. That would be very DE of them.

Wait what, when have DE showed us a new core game mechanic and then never let us use it again?

I think the usage of archwing will be limited. What I'm trying to say is, we will be able to use it only in specific game modes.

Or

It could be random as well. Like, we are playing extermination/capture missions (on a ship of course) and the formorians attack. In this situation we would have to extract using archwing and the whole mission would take a turn. From extermination to formorian ship destruction thingy.

I think I'll let DE surprise me about that.

I wonder how that will function if you get paired with players that do not have an archwing. They've said you need a quest for it. Sooo, the guys that did not do the quest will just die with the corpus ship? Or they'll just restrict content for players that do not own an archwing?

You won't get an Archwing mission if you're the only one with it.

At a guess, it would just be a standard mission unless you all have Archwing then it changes,

But i'm thinking it will be limited anyway. I can't see every mission needing them, only certain ones.

Edited by Ailissa

I'm still silently crossing my fingers that rail conflicts will turn into Archwing PvP missions, flying all over the outside of the Solar Rail shooting stuff.

Nice idea. 

Being able to attack a rail both from inside and outside. Maybe 8 vs 8. 

But it needs dedicated servers. :(

EDIT: forgot. 8 vs 8 means 2 Tenno teams vs 2 Tenno teams. 

Edited by Latronico