Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In Regards To Kubrow Palette In 14.5

SilverZs

I think either you reverse every scrambler purchase or you do non. Thats the only fair options. Yay or nay for everyone.

But what i would like to see for the palettes is that you can choose from the patterns and colours you got from breeding. So you have to actually do something in order to unlock colours and patterns. With the upcoming puppy blender or whatever you wanna call it i think it would be good to still keep the fun element of breeding and so you could still trade for colours and patterns. I would like that.

If you used the scrambler one or twice, hek... even three times... I'd say platinum refund is fair.

However...

If you used the scrambler ten, fifteen, twenty, sixty times, then I say no. No platinum refund for you, because at that point you fully knew what you were doing, you knew you were potentially going to be ripped off, but you did it and kept going anyway.

Snake....if anything it should be the other way around. Why would those who didn't use the scrambler as much get a refund but those who used it way more thus paying more RL cash/plat would be left to "deal with it". You are saying it like there was a message "roll at your own risk, this will be removed and obsolete, oh we are also not showing the right colours, cheers for the money guys!"

Edited by kiteohatto

got all my plat back. just write a ticket. details in this thrad:https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/274108-ok-i-payed-700p-for-my-kubrow-colors/

Thanks Can, I'll go ahead and submit my ticket (which I should have down in the first place in hindsight, which of course is always 20/20) however I do still feel that all players should receive their platinum back in a goodwill effort from DE. They (DE) admitted the scrambler was a flawed concept, therein lies the credit of the idea that they should appreciate those who've chosen to support their game (aka give them a job, which Steve has mentioned atleast a dozen times by now). DE has, for the most part, made great effort to keep the playerbase positive and moving forward, I just can't see them doing anything differently at this point either.

Something to consider/remember: Most people adopt a three strikes system. In a F2P game, DE has to assume a stance that allows them to keep as big a playerbase as possible to continue this game.

~update~

Apparently CanIbiteU, I upon opening my ticket and asking for my platinum back, I was denied. Would you kindly post your ticket history? Because apparently:

[DE]Lex

Today at 16:26

Hello SilverZephyr

Unfortunately due to the nature of random generation and the scrambler, the results are completely random.

My apologies.

So results are completely random. No S#&$. The fact that I want my platinum back is because a new system that will allow you to remove RNG from the process and CHOOSE how your kubrow looks completely makes the DNA scrambler RNG obsolete to the absolute degree.

Edited by SilverZephyr

I was actually pleased with what colors I got from the scrambler. I don't want the kubrow(s) I have now changed. If they do I will be pissed.

I hope they go with my idea that I posted in the feedback section.

Here it is.

Now for the patterns and color argument.

Make a tool that can be used for mixing your own pattern. This is what the platinum could be used for. Let us pay to make our own.

Example.

To change your kubrow - 100p

Male _ or Female _ (check boxes)

Class- sunika _ etc. (check boxes)

Height - <<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>> +

Weight - <<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>> +

Thick or thin coat - <<<<< >>>>> +

Color of fur/pattern/eyes -color palates

Brightness/contrast - <<<<< >>>>> +

Stripes - <<<<<< >>>>> +

Spots - <<<<< >>>>> +

To get the Lotus symbol on the face- 50p

Lotus color - <<<<< >>>>> +

Lotus brightness/contrast - <<<<< >>>>> +

Note: The "plus & minus" are slide bars like we have in say.... Our graphics options.

Once you choose the patterns, gender, species, height, weight, fur thickness we should not be able to change those again. But the colors/brightness/contrast of your kubrow should remain active.

I would rather pay 600p for 4 kubrow. Then pay the traders 500+ for two imprints that are random.

~update~ Apparently CanIbiteU, I upon opening my ticket and asking for my platinum back, I was denied. Would you kindly post your ticket history? Because apparently: 

[DE]LexToday at 16:26[/size]Hello SilverZephyrUnfortunately due to the nature of random generation and the scrambler, the results are completely random.My apologies. 

So results are completely random. No S#&$. The fact that I want my platinum back is because a new system that will allow you to remove RNG from the process and CHOOSE how your kubrow looks completely makes the DNA scrambler RNG obsolete to the absolute degree.

Yup, got the same response back from support as well.

Stripes - <<<<<< >>>>> +

Spots - <<<<< >>>>> +

I would agree but not with changing the sex and type of kubrow. You could dye the hair of your newborn baby but you can't change it to the opposite sex or turn it into a dolphin (don't mention transsexuals hurr durr) . Kind of defeats the purpose of hunting for an egg and being surprised at what you get.

Same goes for height, but not weight.

Edited by SHIR0B0N

I was actually pleased with what colors I got from the scrambler. I don't want the kubrow(s) I have now changed. If they do I will be &!$$ed.

I hope they go with my idea that I posted in the feedback section.

Here it is.

Now for the patterns and color argument.

Make a tool that can be used for mixing your own pattern. This is what the platinum could be used for. Let us pay to make our own.

Example.

Stripes - <<<<<< >>>>> +
Spots - <<<<< >>>>> +

Note: The "plus & minus" are slide bars like we have in say.... Our graphics options.

Once you choose the patterns, gender, species, height, weight, fur thickness we should not be able to change those again. But the colors/brightness/contrast of your kubrow should remain active.

I would rather pay 600p for 4 kubrow. Then pay the traders 500+ for two imprints that are random.

This isn't a discussion of idea of change, so don't hijack the thread with what appears to be a crappy idea.

~On topic~

The fact of the matter is, those of us who spent platinum on the scrambler, to then have it removed, and then an announcement of a new system that completely makes it obsolete and players also get to simply pick a colour and choose where it goes!? Thats @(*()$ ludicrous.

This is literally a perfect example of the old DE (pre- PWE involvement and backdoor deals) vs the new DE (PWE influence/control), I have seen far far less things get refunded platinum-wise, and now we see a direct stance saying, go F*** yourself but thanks for the $$$. This is strike 1 and 2 for me, and as a founder who has put several hundred dollars of support into this game AND being a local supporter of DE (Yes thats right, I happen to reside in the dear old Forest City outlying area) I feel sickened. 

Edited by SilverZephyr

This isn't a discussion of idea of change, so don't hijack the thread with what appears to be a crappy idea.

~On topic~

The fact of the matter is, those of us who spent platinum on the scrambler, to then have it removed, and then an announcement of a new system that completely makes it obsolete and players also get to simply pick a colour and choose where it goes!? Thats @(*()$ ludicrous.

This is literally a perfect example of the old DE (pre- PWE involvement and backdoor deals) vs the new DE (PWE influence/control), I have seen far far less things get refunded platinum-wise, and now we see a direct stance saying, go F*** yourself but thanks for the $$$. This is strike 1 and 2 for me, and as a founder who has put several hundred dollars of support into this game AND being a local supporter of DE (Yes thats right, I happen to reside in the dear old Forest City outlying area) I feel sickened. 

I can definitely understand your side. But I can also understand the opposing side. Technically we scrambler users got what we paid for (that being a random set of colors and patterns), to reimburse us just because a better option is coming out doesn't make a whole lot of sense. That being said, an unhappy customer isn't likely to continue financially supporting a business that they feel has cheated them (regardless of whether or not they were actually cheated). So some sort of compensation/gift would go a long way towards removing the sour taste in some players' mouths. That compensation/gift doesn't have to (nor should it be) a full platinum refund. It could be something as simple as a kubrow starter kit, or something as nice as (assuming we have to pay for the various patterns) some kubrow patterns. Honestly, I'd prefer that they didn't go with the first option. I have a ton of the furballs and I have grown tired of spending more time maturing them than actually playing with them. I don't need another pup to mature.

I admittedly spent a lot more on the scrambler than I should have (To the point I knew I was getting ripped off). So I would be really surprised if DE turned around and went "Here is your plat back, our bad". 

But instead of refunding plat, why not just give people who used the scrambler (To any degree) some sort of 'limited' edition pattern?

I spent around 300 plat to get what I considered to be the "perfect" kubrow. With that being said I did it of my own free will and choice so I don't feel like I'm owed anything in terms of a refund or reimbursement.

+1

This again.

If you used the scrambler when it was available then you AGREED with the system at the time.

You are entitled to nothing.

Erm okay, BUT!

They removed the scrambler and introduced new improved colors and our colors on kubrows did get unwanted results.

I don't understand how the people don't see the problem here.

Erm okay, BUT!

They removed the scrambler and introduced new improved colors and our colors on kubrows did get unwanted results.

I don't understand how the people don't see the problem here.

Most of us DID see the problem and didn't touch the thing.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/267403-des-small-step-toward-pw-like-business-strategy/#entry3072352

Some of us threw some plat their way and had a giggle.

It was a new system. They have every right to scrap it and improve it.

You voted with your wallets.

It was a poker machine.

What is DE meant to do?

What if you scrambled a Kubrow and then sold it for a profit on the market, reverse everything?

Give you some exclusive item? You really think the rest of the community will think that is fair?

As log as the new system does not make breeding completely obsolete, I'm happy, because theres nothing better than seeing a new kubrow blend the first time, waiting for it to grow, then sharing the prints with a clannie

Off-topic though, I cant believe people wanna capitalize on them for hundreds of plat, but F2P is F2P....

I spent around 300 plat to get what I considered to be the "perfect" kubrow. With that being said I did it of my own free will and choice so I don't feel like I'm owed anything in terms of a refund or reimbursement. This is my opinion, but I acknowledge that many other people who spent plat on the scrambling feature are unhappy and wish to be refunded. At this point, we can only guess what will happen. 

My god. Someone actually gets it...

A large number of you seem to missed the point entirely. Let me provide you a different scenario with the a very like situation:

You are given a choice to make an 'upgrade' to your car, in the price range of anywhere from $20-1000, but the actual 'upgrade' you receive is completely random. A few days later, the company offering the 'upgrade' simply removes the service claiming a flaw (after 100s to 1000s of usages by different people) and that they are working on a solution.

A few weeks later, they announce an upcoming return of the service, that they've scrapped the original service for a much easier and streamlined version. It also appears now by all things considered in the announcement, free. But you won't know for certain of the cost till it arrives.

Now consider this:

Company introduces new service, finds out it sucks, still takes ALL payment with no refunds to customers... then shows up weeks later saying, "Hey guys, we're back... and we changed it so its now easier and FREE!"

or they could simply say something to this effect:

"Hey... we royally tricked those #@*&$@s into using our garbage RNG-based system that we knew was flawed even before we released it... so we could make some quick cash before we released a free system that simply lets you pick what you want. And before you even ask, yeah... it sucks, was our bad but... NO REFUNDS *@##$ES!!! Muhahahahaa"

~Insert evil corruption by PWE image here~

I can't wait for space ninja treasure boxes and 250 platinum unlock keys on the market.

Edited by SilverZephyr

I used it twice hoping RNG would get rid of the white kubrow with white stripes, but no I got the same pattern 2 times in a row, yeah I want a refund :P

Doesn't matter how much or how little you used it, DE is spitting in our faces by not refunding the platinum, period.

Edited by SilverZephyr

Full refund? no... I think It'd be too much effort to find out who spent exactly how much on that damn scrambler thing.

But some kind of compensation would be okay I guess.

Doesn't concern me, however, since I didn't use it. Even though I have enough platinum.

That kind of gambling is vile and it was a step in the right direction to remove it.

It's really not that hard. They did it literally a week or two ago for the #*(&#036;%%@ up server collapse with the time-related boosters. They have this little program that goes through and checks off people who spent plat on the scrambler, then that same program issues a refund. Easy, qui- well, not so quick, could take a day or two- and relatively painless.