Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In Regards To Kubrow Palette In 14.5

SilverZs

Since we're going to be given an ability to manipulate our kubrows appearance via a palette, for those of us who were essentially ripped off for the DNA scrambler, are we receiving a full refund for platinum spent, as you didn't provide any bonus to those players who used it? Not mentioning the time its taken you to find a 'solution' which hasn't even arrived yet.

~discuss~

If you used the scrambler one or twice, hek... even three times... I'd say platinum refund is fair.

However...

If you used the scrambler ten, fifteen, twenty, sixty times, then I say no. No platinum refund for you, because at that point you fully knew what you were doing, you knew you were potentially going to be ripped off, but you did it and kept going anyway.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

I spent around 300 plat to get what I considered to be the "perfect" kubrow. With that being said I did it of my own free will and choice so I don't feel like I'm owed anything in terms of a refund or reimbursement. This is my opinion, but I acknowledge that many other people who spent plat on the scrambling feature are unhappy and wish to be refunded. At this point, we can only guess what will happen. 

Why? Im going to take a wild guess and say this thing will ALSO cost plat.

The people that spend cash on that or prints made their choice.

In fact, i think most people that use the color printer got off easy based on the print prices that have gone around.

It said scrambler, you knew what you were buying - so you can't say that you were ripped-off or mis-sold it. Also, new things come out all the time, upgrades for older things - you don't get a refund for purchasing the older model in real life. I'd say the life lesson is more than enough, but I know DE are too kind to do that. You'll probably be overly-compensated.

At what time was the palette thing mentioned?

Palette was confirmed via livestream yesterday. But I beg to differ on the partial refund for 1~3 uses and anything over gets nothing. Yes, using it you knew what it was about. However, for them to then remove it entirely, then announce an introduction in an update down the road that completely made the scrambler obsolete AND free by the sounds of how Sheldon worded; is plainly put: A slap to their customers face if they do not refund any use of the scrambler.

I will be incredibly insulted if they do not offer a refund when they implement the palette. I could also careless how the implementation takes place either. It could be something similar or akin to the base colour palette where you get a few colours for free, and the rest you pay for. It could be also something like a base colour palette for the main body of the kubrow, and you have to pay small incriments to unlock other body layers/patterns/etc, I still want my platinum refunded. Plain and simple, end of story. 

Care to make a comment DE_Steve or DE_Sheldon

Edited by SilverZephyr

Rather than a refund I'd rather get some of the would be paygated Kubrow cosmetic options for free/at a discount. The amount given/if you were given anything at all would probably depend upon how much you actually spent. Honestly, my biggest gripe would be all the plat I spent on slots... but I'm definitely not about to ask for a refund on that. I knew what I was doing and I got what I paid for. I'll just have a pack full of strange and boring Kubrow with a tiny blue sunika as the pack leader.

There isn't going to be a refund for scrambler usage now or ever.

You received the benefits of the scrambler as it was entailed (cheap rng scrambler) unless it glitched out and made your Kubrow explode you will not get compensation.

You can put money on that the new version to customize if it's strictly platinum will be more than 10p (old scrambler cost)

Edited by Marfoir-Faolchu

So much bitterness related to scrambler, those who didnt use it aren't losing out an anything yet they just want us(those who spent a decent amount on rng) to "deal with it" and not get a refund/compensated.

The reason that we should get compensated is because if you had settled on some colour after all that RNG, say white and black kubrow, after colour correction it became a completely different colour, green or blue, ugh.

Its not the same as buying a colour pallete and then getting it colour corrected, everything there just got a bit darker but wasnt THAT much different.

In scrambler case though, white just wasn't displaying anything close to white. Its sort of like buying a white shirt online but getting pink one in the post, ofcourse you'd ask for a refund.

So much bitterness related to scrambler, those who didnt use it aren't losing out an anything yet they just want us(those who spent a decent amount on rng) to "deal with it" and not get a refund/compensated.

The reason that we should get compensated is because if you had settled on some colour after all that RNG, say white and black kubrow, after colour correction it became a completely different colour, green or blue, ugh.

Its not the same as buying a colour pallete and then getting it colour corrected, everything there just got a bit darker but wasnt THAT much different.

In scrambler case though, white just wasn't displaying anything close to white. Its sort of like buying a white shirt online but getting pink one in the post, ofcourse you'd ask for a refund.

Agreed, but in this case, I feel there should be additional compensation. We spent platinum, which equates to real money, and now by all sounds and the bare information DE_Sheldon provided, every random joe who's f2p and hasn't contributed a dime to the fact warframe exists, is going to get a full palette to make their kubrow appear however they damn so please.

Those won't be refunded anymore either because there is the option in the game to revert their general color changes that they made.

If you used the scrambler one or twice, hek... even three times... I'd say platinum refund is fair.

However...

If you used the scrambler ten, fifteen, twenty, sixty times, then I say no. No platinum refund for you, because at that point you fully knew what you were doing, you knew you were potentially going to be ripped off, but you did it and kept going anyway.

I did it once!

It's the same thing.

There reason the whole color thing happened because the Kubrow stuff didnt display properly and everything was barely visible.

My first kub was all white and after the change it ended up with this grey/black pattern, people werent even able to see the patterns because of how stuff was displayed before.

In fact, the palettes are even worst because with the new versions because of how dark some stuff is it completely destroys the reason to buy certain palettes. The only reason there wasnt a tremendous flip out is because they added the "legacy" stuff that STILL doesnt display right.

While the kub patterns and colors were change you are now going to get the chance to change them again, or get rid of it, while the people are stuck with the palettes and just got some crappy attempt and matching the previous version.

Full refund? no... I think It'd be too much effort to find out who spent exactly how much on that damn scrambler thing.

But some kind of compensation would be okay I guess.

Doesn't concern me, however, since I didn't use it. Even though I have enough platinum.

That kind of gambling is vile and it was a step in the right direction to remove it.

Honestly, there is a good reason to refund plat spent on the scrambler, and that was the palette change-I used it heavily to get some results I was *kinda* happy with (which in the two cases I spent the most on actually came out nicer in the palette change) but who knows how many patterns that I actually wanted but which didn't show up properly I went past?
I think a full refund would be inappropriate, but perhaps half or a third of the plat spent to reflect this.