Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who Misses Charge Attacks? Returning Confirmed-Edition + Poll

BoomToon43

You're assuming people don't use heavy weapons or use Melee only, which I do. 

The only way I found it possible to survive the Mutalist incursion event was to use a Melee to get rid of the various debuffs and leeches and to life strike my health back as it was lost and gained via Rage + Quick Thinking + Radial Blind + Redeemer Shotgun blast to the face. It worked pretty damn well, in case you were wondering. 

No assumptions, you belong to a small group who likes it and uses it.

I know ur filthy kind is out there xD

I don't know, don't really need charge attacks back, but then its a matter of preference. My Galatine after the buff of heavy weapons combined with channeling has no issues 1-shotting lvl80 heavy gunners in the Void (as it was the enemy lvl my team mates lasted so I can test my blade on) and so far, forget Scindo Prime's damage, there is nothing my Galatine can't cut so far.

I don't know, don't really need charge attacks back, but then its a matter of preference. My Galatine after the buff of heavy weapons combined with channeling has no issues 1-shotting lvl80 heavy gunners in the Void (as it was the enemy lvl my team mates lasted so I can test my blade on) and so far, forget Scindo Prime's damage, there is nothing my Galatine can't cut so far.

Cut people in half at will & see their body parts fly... Don't you miss it?

I know you do miss it. You liked that gore. That slaughter... >:)

so this was probably mentioned early in the topic (but i cba to read 20 more pages to find out) but my issue with the current combo system over the charge system is that most things die before you get even halfway through the combo and those that dont take so many uses of the combo to kill you may as well just blast em with your gun from a safer distance. charge just killed em in one to two hits.

so this was probably mentioned early in the topic (but i cba to read 20 more pages to find out) but my issue with the current combo system over the charge system is that most things die before you get even halfway through the combo and those that dont take so many uses of the combo to kill you may as well just blast em with your gun from a safer distance. charge just killed em in one to two hits.

The main problem I have with combos(I like them,but still) is when you must do pauses between hits. I played a lot of different fighting games & I saw this nowhere else.

Combos are often quick chained attacks!Why can't we just have...another key for combos?! (Reload is free during melee mode.)

I never really cared for the charge attack.

That said, I don't use this system either.  My melee style consists of quick melee, and with my melee weapon out any combo that can be executed by EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.  Because seriously, melee is the time for button mashing madness, not the time for pause sidestep doublestep dip.  That's dancing, which must only be done with a delightful date after supping on food prepared by a guy with a poofy white hat.

exactly

Could have sworn I posted on this thread already, but yes, I do miss them. There was nothing word satisfying than winding up my Hate and seeing the unfortunate enemy targeted by me getting cut into two pieces. 

My idea for them returning would be one of two things.

1. Make it a toggle in options.

2. Make a Mod that goes in the Stance slot that restores Charged attacks, but takes away Combos and Channeling.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be really glad to see them back. The combos are underwhelming, if for no other reason than that you have to only use the melee weapon itself, which means that for someone who primarily uses guns, then Melee 2.0 took away charge attacks and gave me nothing I ever use (except when screwing around) in return.

I wish charge attacks were part of certain weapons such as the heavy ones. Hate used to have this awesome spin-up animation before unleashing a powerful swipe. I mean, many weapons still have charge attacks like the Glaive and Redeemer...at least bring them to the Heavy class weapons again and people will probably enjoy the Galatine again.