The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes Are Slow (According To Science)

Feallike

Devs make mistakes which can result in exploits. Coptering used to be an exploit but it no longer is. I remember DE stating they want to keep it as a feature in the game. So its pretty much official now.

Take Nova's molecular prime for example. When the balance was announced overextend gave a speed effect to enemies. They stated it wasn't intentional but people liked it and they decided to keep it.

aren't you confirming what he said? that the dev's decide whats an exploit and whats official? idk it just sounded like it.

aren't you confirming what he said? that the dev's decide whats an exploit and whats official? idk it just sounded like it.

Yeah it was actually more meant for the person he quoted. Just felt like throwing an explanation there.

Also if movement speed is significantly increase I think there would be a massive increase in the number of cry/whine threads about people rushing missions and boss fights. There are already too many of those and with faster frames it will just get worse.

Can anyone test to find out what the jumping speed of enemies is?  I swear they run slower then warframes, but then jump 5 times higher at insane speeds.

i think that's just so they can get around their own maps but it could also be DE just making them faster so that the enemies don't waste our time trying to walk around.

All weapons have it to some extent, it has to do with the attack speed. Try it with a weapon that you think does not have it, then try with max fury, and then with max quickening. Bonus points if you do it with max berserker with 3x speed. As the attack speed goes up the spin on the attack will go up in speed and the distance coptered will increase. A different way to look at is to take an unmodded dual zoren and test then add a maxed spoiled strike an see how much the coptering goes down. 

Basically it seems like it would have to do with angular momentum for the closest physics to real life, similar to a sling weapon. If you are spinning in a circle then the speed you are spinning will determine the speed and distance you travel when you leave the circle. 

It may also have to do with the length of the weapon if the physics are modeled something like real life physics since the radius also would matter.

my dragon nikana is pretty much moded the same as my bo prime. bo prime would make fly across a whole room, dragon nikana just a few meters. IMHO it should not matter what mods i have or the attack speed of my melee, for me to enjoy a feature that is not represented in any stats. if the feature is to stay, it needs to be clear in every aspect. i am still forced to change my melee, or the way i mod it to use this feature. for me, it does not feel right. this is the reason why i say that it does feel more like a glitch rather than intentional, therefore it needs to be adjusted, removed and replaced, or simply be put into stats.

and for the ppl saying we are wearing heavy unconfortable suits... where is it stated that our suits (frames) are all these things? for all we know our suits could be completely the opposite. enhancers of speed, light weight bio mechanic power suits that improve every single aspect of our physical strength. i guess you didnt play crysis?

edit: typos

Edited by locojuan

Why are people assuming that the Tenno go all-out 100 meter dash in war zones? If you're going to kill a bunch of guys you CANNOT afford to be out of breath when you get to them.

This was half-explained with the "roadie run" sprint in Gears of War. They don't flat-out run in full combat harness because the crouching allows you to conserve stamina in order to travel farther for longer periods.

As far as we know Loki can go at the speed of light if he wanted to.

Since everyone's talking about movement glitches and exploits and them being turned into mechanics, I wanted to mention that every time I start speed running I feel like I'm playing GunZ again.  Simultaneously sticky and slippery "special movements" and "parkour", and weird glitch moves that make no sense (how does sitting on my butt and swinging two axes fling me halfway to neverland?) becoming undocumented "features".

Edited by t3hsquirr3l

Since everyone's talking about movement glitches and exploits and them being turned into mechanics, I wanted to mention that every time I start speed running I feel like I'm playing GunZ again.  Simultaneously sticky and slippery "special movements" and "parkour", and weird glitch moves that make no sense (how does sitting on my butt and swinging two axes fling me halfway to neverland?) that become undocumented "features".

You seem to forget that the base of GunZ were glitches. Without those glitches the game was just another TPS.

To be honest, the movements of my Ash felt slightly off after the update. Sometimes it would go from a dash to a crouching crawl after jumping sliding. Occasionally, the controls would be slightly unresponsive which counts in a firefight. Hope anyone else can confirm this if I'm not the only one.

different game dude try to stay within the warframe universe 

The Warframe universe has never really shown and described that Warframes are really heavy to the point of slowing down Tenno movements. In fact, it has shown the opposite more often than not. Even Rhino feels feather-weight on some occasion due to sound effect and game physics, and only in trailers does he look and feel heavy all the time. The comparison to Samus in Metroid is legitimate because the statement made by SIFTGOD holds very little weight even in this game anyway.

All weapons have it to some extent, it has to do with the attack speed.

It has to do with two very specific factors. Attack speed is one of them, yes, but the most important is the weapon-type animation. For instance, try using maxed attack speed with Kogake or any fist/claw weapons (including Valkyr's Hysteria) and you'll see that, no matter how much you boost the attack speed, you'll never (or almost never) get further than an unmodded Dual Zoren. Even an unmodded Karyst, which only has 0.8 attack speed in the UI, copters better than any fist weapons with high attack speed.

Similarly, while the katanas and longswords have similar slide attack animation, the former will never copter as good as the latter with the exact same attack speed.

Edited by Casardis

You seem to forget that the base of GunZ were glitches. Without those glitches the game was just another TPS.

ture hahaha, gunz was not a game with glitches... it was the other way around :P

well, even if i mentioned crysis, i do believe that we should stick to warframe universe. yet i used it only as an example to show how a power suit does not necessarily reduce your moblity, field of view, or any other aspect, but it can also improve them all. since in warframe universe there is not statments that can prove one thing or the other, both are very safe to assume.

i am one addict to stamina/speed builds, at least for ash which is my main character. i can not live without it. blocking makes much more sesne when you have stamina, as well wall running. i wish stamina and speed were cranked up a notch, but for the sake of blance (mod slots) it needs to stay the way it is.

parkour needs some polishing for sure. i miss the slingshot move, but im getting used to it. coptering on the other hand is something that does not make feel confortable, specialy when my fast ash is left behind by a coptering frame, and i have to give up on long-awaited katana just to keep pace. However, i'd ok if the feature stays, im only saying that in order to be official, it needs to be represented in stats for clearness and transparency (even if DE, at some point in time, declared it official, not every player was there at that moment to see that happend).

On a constructive note, don't forget it's probably a bit harder to run that fast with a giant sword strapped to your back, a laser-minigun in your hands, a handcannon on your hip, and a full body armor suit which somehow contains dozens of magazines.

Edited by thelastpwnr99

I say leave it alone, im already tired of people running through maps, why make it worse? what would be the point? just for logic? 

I bet i could post so many screenshots of things people never notice but pass by everytime they play.. lol

On a constructive note, don't forget it's probably a bit harder to run that fast with a giant sword strapped to your back, a laser-minigun in your hands, a handcannon on your hip, and a full body armor suit which somehow contains dozens of magazines.

10/10 this logic /thread

leave speed alone plz