Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour: Replace Roll With Side Flips, Back Flip, And Forward Dash!

OrphanMaker

Roll, is a joke! I had to say it, it has no place in this game. It is not good at doing what it suppose to do and this "dodging enemies and their projectiles."

While playing the game earlier I thought it would be more effective if we could do some sort of flips. It makes more sense with the ninja parkour theme.

The side flip would be used to give the player more agility with the ability to shoot while dodging. If pressed againg after side flip will perform a roll.

Second way: While performing side roll, press jump to initiate side flip.

The back flip would also give players more agility and the ability to shoot while dodging. (You can shoot stuff behind you while backfliping?

Second way: While performing back roll, press jump to initiate back flip.

The forward dash would give the player to agility, quick momentum, and the ability to do a high-powered slash attack. (This can replace coptering for a quick boost. **not replacing slide dashing.)

Second way: While performing front roll, press jump to initiate front flip.

Parkour - side flip

7a229d47b1835dc1554ea81edf27ad46.jpg

Metroid prime - side flip 2:03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sygAv7rSXnw'>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sygAv7rSXnw

The matrix - side flip 2:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es2uYtSJh-Y'>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es2uYtSJh-Y

Edited by OrphanMaker

Well I think rolls should be based of armor-weight, for example someone like Frost/Rhino (Who have heavy armor plating which causes them to be slow) would remain with these rolls.

Then we move onto someone like Loki/Volt/Excal who are more agile and move faster, so they would dodge faster by Sideflips,back flips, and dashes.

Something that has always been on my mind for a long time.

Don't call me boy.

Hm. Something about this ticks me off. Oh that's right, you called me son. Hypocrite.

In any case, I think your suggestion is actually quite nice. I wouldn't say no to these, but I personally wouldn't use them. I kill things faster than they ever pose a threat to me.

Boy, the entire system needs to be reworked from the ground up. Make it less sticky, make it more dynamic and feel alive as well as responsive and fluid. 

^this

We actually already have side and back flips.

How often do you actually see people using them?

If you want to see a game with fluid, responsive rolling and parkour, take a look at Overgrowth:

The game's content is still nonexistant. Yet its combat system looks more fluid and engaging than most games I've seen lately, if not better than the rest.

And it's made by four people.

-

Why is embedding video on this forum such a pain?

Edited by Noble_Cactus

unnecesary multi-quote

Yes thanks for pointing my simple typo in a non-exaggerated manner.

That was sarcasm btw.

OT: Noble you're right on that, backflipping is most unreliable at this point.

I mean other than to show off there's no reason to do it since it's so impractical because (as I've said) you need to be aiming to perform that and it just breaks the fluidity of the game

^this

How often do you actually see people using them?

If you want to see a game with fluid, responsive rolling and parkour, take a look at Overgrowth:

The game's content is still nonexistant. Yet its combat system looks more fluid and engaging than most games I've seen lately, if not better than the rest.

And it's made by four people.

-

Why is embedding video on this forum such a pai

Warframe would've been much more fun with that kind of movement. I personally dislike the jumping animation in Warframe. We need a foward flip like Overgrown, a better sense of weight on our Warframes, directional dashes like back jumps that many characters do in animes and side flips like OrphanMaker shows here, and just a overhaul on the movement animations. It needs more fluidity. The movement feels like it belongs in a PS2 game. Movement 2.0. DE get on it. Make it apart of Update 15 along with Archwing. :)