Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tactical Alert Is Not Challenging, It's Tedious

Semshol

It's not complaining, it's leaving feedback. I guess that's what we're playing beta for, to leave feedback and make the game better, or at least leave our 5 cents?

Attitude of "don't like it? Just avoid it!" never helped anything and never did anything right. Forcing people to just 'move on' or 'deal with it' is terribly annoying, I mean, what are the forums for, if not complaining and leaving feedback?

As for me, I've seen the tactical alert as too tedious, still finished it, but I could just run a few void missions over the same time and honestly end up with more interesting stuff. The Credit Booster was nice, and I believe it's just a makeshift testing-run for such alerts. That's why we NEED to complain. We can avoid tedium!

Edited by Filas312

If you don't want whatever is given as reward for a mission, don't do the damn mission. Why is this hard to understand?

"It's so boring, but because of the reward, I'll do it anyway" then complain in a forum post and write down how boring it was. You know what, that's the idea, you want something that DE was not going to give out normally, but has now tied to a "boring event"? Yes? then shut up and do it, or go play something else.

Why do I even have to explain this. Even small children are capable of understanding this. It's free content, in a game. If I had to get 1000 points instead of 100, I would of run it a few times, figured out that 100 runs would be too many, and gone back to run some other mission, and not came here and insisted on a "new" magic number that would fit me instead.

The game does not lock you out for a week for not doing it, in fact, nothing bad at all happens. Stop. Complaining. Already.

Stop white knighting, seriously.

Those of us 'complaining' are not complaining. We are giving our honest feedback.

Unlike a white knight who is basically a yesman, and hinders progress by accepting everything, we are the ones who ADVANCE the game by suggesting ways that things can be improved. If the vast majority are satisfied, why are there complaints? Even if you say the complainers are in the minority, silence does not equal consent. Just because the majority don't voice an opinion, does not mean they automatically agree.

Those of us who want this game to be great, will explain why we think certain things should be improved. If you have nothing helpful to DE to say, then it is your opinion that is invalid. If you are happy, don't post.

The problem here, returning to the topic, is that the mission is too tedious. By keeping the rewards the same, but changing the type of mission, we would be able to keep things fresh and interesting and it would also fit the whole 'tactical' alert better. It is not TACTICAL to destroy everything and then extract.

It is tactical to kill key targets, spy for new information, defeat the greater threat and wipe out all information. That is true spywork.

Edited by Semshol

Well, personally I enjoyed the notion of having to craft a conclave-limited build based around different weapons. Kind of sad that you don't get to play 700c version after you get a hundred frags.

But I agree that ability to replay it while you have fun with it should be optional.

Well, personally I enjoyed the notion of having to craft a conclave-limited build based around different weapons. Kind of sad that you don't get to play 700c version after you get a hundred frags.

But I agree that ability to replay it while you have fun with it should be optional.

You are way above our level if you even want to replay it x'D.

Most of us got way too bored and only finished it because the badges evolved.

I am hoping they will create a change in the mission progress rather than just having repeats of the same mission, it would help give us the feeling of a completed mini-story.

Limiting my conclave? COOL!

Have to be handicapped while playing? FINE

Play with no team-mates for extra challenge? Self-Imposed

Don't use Loki or a CC/tanky frame? Double OKAY

Having to do the same mission 12 - 15 times to complete the challenge? VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY BORING!

4 - 5 times, I'm cool. Give us more of a handicap. Hurt us more, it don't matter to me. But don't make us play the same dang mission 12 - 15 times. That's just grindy boringness.

Here is a very simple suggestion that fits lore and can be implemented to resolve this:

I would recommend that instead of having one challenge which you repeat 20 - 30 times (because of badge).

Have 3 phases, each of which is repeated around 6 times.

1st Phase: New Hyena Model. Do exterminate. After completeing, find 'Superior Blueprints'

2nd Phase: Lotus contacts us and now we have a boss fight against a stronger Hyena Model designed to mirror Jackal. This was actually the real threat and the smaller models were just the foot-soldiers designed to be mass-produced.

3rd Phase: Having eliminated the threat, we must now erase the data left behind in order to ensure they can't be built again.

Mission Types in order: Exterminate, Boss, Spy

Breaking the toys of the corpus is all good, but if we don't erase the data and destroy the blueprints, Fhrod Bhek or Frodo Baggins or whatever his name is will just build more. Destruction is not a set-back, ERASURE is a set-back.

it's more like 20-25 runs

Technically he was meta-complaining, but yeah, it doesn't matter because telling someone to stop giving feedback never works.

Heaven forbid we want to voice our opinions about the game we actually want to play. We should just shut up like good little children and take whatever our gracious masters slop into our dog-dish.

You are way above our level if you even want to replay it x'D.

Most of us got way too bored and only finished it because the badges evolved.

I am hoping they will create a change in the mission progress rather than just having repeats of the same mission, it would help give us the feeling of a completed mini-story.

Well, I got a few friends who didn't quite stock up on weapons as I did to have a Boar Prime to bring in, so I got to experimenting with getting a few warframes and guns to fit into the requirements.

Trying to squeeze Rhino in there was not fun at all. And I have a desire to start a thread about buffing Gorgon now.

Well, I got a few friends who didn't quite stock up on weapons as I did to have a Boar Prime to bring in, so I got to experimenting with getting a few warframes and guns to fit into the requirements.

Trying to squeeze Rhino in there was not fun at all. And I have a desire to start a thread about buffing Gorgon now.

Gorgon is one of the few underrated weapons. I just want them to release Gorgon Wraith and everyone will be happy again :D

Technically he was meta-complaining, but yeah, it doesn't matter because telling someone to stop giving feedback never works.

Heaven forbid we want to voice our opinions about the game we actually want to play. We should just shut up like good little children and take whatever our gracious masters slop into our dog-dish.

Meta-complaining is effectively white knighting and serves no purpose. So yeah, I agree, we are giving feedback because we believe in positive change.

I agree with this. while the whole idea is really nice, the awful grind fest this has turned into is horrible and boring, I have stopped after 35/100 and I don't think I want to go on....

Plus as mentioned by the OP, i have to do it all alone which i enjoy but means less fun.

Also I just unequipped everything but loki prime+dual ichors. it's so easy it's boring. if your point was making us go with low level weapons why make enemies so hard to kill by unranked or lvl 1-5 weapons?

Some people want a single longer mission instead of grind. To balance it with the idea of what the missions have to accomplish however, I have now included an 'alternative style' to the main post. It will show how the missions should progress and is different from my present suggestion.

I agree with this. while the whole idea is really nice, the awful grind fest this has turned into is horrible and boring, I have stopped after 35/100 and I don't think I want to go on....

Plus as mentioned by the OP, i have to do it all alone which i enjoy but means less fun.

Also I just unequipped everything but loki prime+dual ichors. it's so easy it's boring. if your point was making us go with low level weapons why make enemies so hard to kill by unranked or lvl 1-5 weapons?

Yup, that is why I have suggested an improved mission flow. So there is also more incentive to play in a team rather than all alone. Alone is really sad :/

On the plus side I made a friend today ^^ and now I don't have to play alone forever :D

Gorgon is one of the few underrated weapons. I just want them to release Gorgon Wraith and everyone will be happy again :D

There already is a Gorgon Wraith, though. And yeah, gorgon has nice damage, but is WAY too ammo-hungry. You need to carry loads of ammo restores if you want to use it for prolonged time.

There already is a Gorgon Wraith, though. And yeah, gorgon has nice damage, but is WAY too ammo-hungry. You need to carry loads of ammo restores if you want to use it for prolonged time.

I meant, release it from VAULT. Because we can't get it if we joined the game post-release =P

Oh and I like ammo-hungry weapons. The more inefficient, but with great damage, the better.

Reason being, I absolutely adore having perfect weapon synergy, so any excuse to use my secondary is a good one :D

Edited by Semshol

Those of us 'complaining' are not complaining. We are giving our honest feedback.

Unlike a white knight who is basically a yesman, and hinders progress by accepting everything, we are the ones who ADVANCE the game by suggesting ways that things can be improved. If the vast majority are satisfied, why are there complaints? Even if you say the complainers are in the minority, silence does not equal consent. Just because the majority don't voice an opinion, does not mean they automatically agree.

Those of us who want this game to be great, will explain why we think certain things should be improved. If you have nothing helpful to DE to say, then it is your opinion that is invalid. If you are happy, don't post.

The problem here, returning to the topic, is that the mission is too tedious. By keeping the rewards the same, but changing the type of mission, we would be able to keep things fresh and interesting and it would also fit the whole 'tactical' alert better. It is not TACTICAL to destroy everything and then extract.

It is tactical to kill key targets, spy for new information, defeat the greater threat and wipe out all information. That is true spywork.

^this.

Silences of the other part of players that doesn't visit the forums doesn't mean they are all agreed with you. 

The current Tactical Alert style is indeed quite boring. I fought through boredom running the same mission like 10 times just to find out the bonus mission is the exact same condition so running another 10~ times. 

Seriously tho, what part of completing another 100 kills in the exact same mission means:

"Upon successfully completing each Tactical Alert, you will have the option to run a Stratos Challenge – a more difficult version of the Alert with an even lower Conclave Rating."

I was very harshly disappointed when I found the "difficult" version mean the exact same mission...

I've done roughly 20 runs now and i'm still not finished because i always get only 3-5 spawn..

They really have to make these more interesting, decrease the amount of kills required/more spawns or make it generally a completely different game mode.

Extermination is pretty much the most boring of all the game modes, plain and simple and as such gets so extremely repetetive and annoying.

I have nothing against Ext. or anything, but having to do 20+ missions of them.. ugh

or you just removed sentinel, 2 of 3 weapons and dont have to put much thinking power into it.

Edited by Methanoid

I've done roughly 20 runs now and i'm still not finished because i always get only 3-5 spawn..

They really have to make these more interesting, decrease the amount of kills required/more spawns or make it generally a completely different game mode.

Extermination is pretty much the most boring of all the game modes, plain and simple and as such gets so extremely repetetive and annoying.

I have nothing against Ext. or anything, but having to do 20+ missions of them.. ugh

i thought things would improve and get more varied once that infested hive event managed something a tad different but were back to a gradivus/alad type exterminate'fest.