Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gas Toxin Aoe Damage Worth It?

Kaiser_Suoh

Question

14 answers to this question

Gas is generally only worth it with a very powerful weapon such as Marelok that can sport over 2k Gas damage. Although 2k is a bit much it can be reduced but won't be as effective as the wiki states. If you're going to go against Infested it's best to try to use Corrosive for Ancients and Heat for light infested. Radiation and Toxin for Corpus and Radiation and Viral for Grineer.

I used to run it on Bows since their high base damage means huge dots, other than that the damage is rather low on most high fire rate weapons and most continuous, minus the Amprex bc it will proc like crazy but that's about it 

EEdit: its also hilarious on the Miter if you get the base damage very high 

Edited by TDS0Spoderman

It really depends.

It can be viable in some instances, hell back when I Spammed ODD I used to run gas/punch through on my Latron Prime as a Vauban. Stacking up 7 or 8 gas procs in a tight space does pretty nice damage, I even outkilled ogris users with it.

The problem is that the dot on the procs doesn't do enough damage on its own, and either needs to be stacked up or be increased via powers in order to become relevant

Basically, unless you are building your loadout around it, don't bother.

Against low level Grineer it can be amusing if you have a good Status chance (e.g. Grinlok).  I think I was doing a defence on Saturn, I can't quite remember, but I shot one lancer in a group of four and his three mates all dropped dead too.  I think it is one of those things that can be funny at low levels and might be useful if there is ever a low level alert you want to do such as a catalyst on Mercury, the kind of mission where single shot damage is over-kill and the ability to hit multiple targets at once is far more useful.

I've never bothered slotting it myself because even if it procs, nothing really stays within the area for it to be all that effective. I can't recall it being one of those major weaknesses for any particular enemy either that couldn't be supplanted by something else more universally useful.

The only case I have used gas damage was with my amprex on infested. With that high status chance and the dual stat event mods, its extraordinarily fun. 

Other than that, not quite as useful elsewhere I'm afraid. 

IT is fun, until ancient healer joins the fun.

Goodluck in trying to kill with toxic aoe now.

Gas procs are effective vs Corpus and Infested (similarly to Electric) but Grineer armor and natural resistance cut its damage significantly.  However, if you can proc the gas on headshots it will have 4x damage due to the way the damage is caluclated, giving it staying power even against Grineer.  Even better if your weapon can crit frequently and has no physical damage (the Lanka, pretty much, but Grinlok/Marelok, post-buff Vectis, and others also work.)  Gas procs also stagger the target, offering some CC.

Only worth it on high status high DPH pure elemental high status melee weapons for abusing life strike HP regen with QT+Rage (and kinda worth it on the Dread though annoying)

Electric pairs very well with gas in both cases

Youll often take out entire crowds in a single attack