Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert Displaying And Filtering Program

Okiesmokie

Can you paste your whole config file?  (Edit out the password and username)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
    <configSections>
        <sectionGroup name="userSettings" type="System.Configuration.UserSettingsGroup, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" >
            <section name="WarframeAlerts.Properties.Settings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" allowExeDefinition="MachineToLocalUser" requirePermission="false" />
        </sectionGroup>
    </configSections>
    <userSettings>
        <WarframeAlerts.Properties.Settings>
            <setting name="Password" serializeAs="String">
                <value>password</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="Username" serializeAs="String">
                <value>name</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="RememberUser" serializeAs="String">
                <value>True</value>
            </setting>
 <setting name="FilterCreditRewards" serializeAs="String">
                <value>True</value>
            </setting>
        </WarframeAlerts.Properties.Settings>
    </userSettings>
</configuration>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
    <configSections>
        <sectionGroup name="userSettings" type="System.Configuration.UserSettingsGroup, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" >
            <section name="WarframeAlerts.Properties.Settings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" allowExeDefinition="MachineToLocalUser" requirePermission="false" />
        </sectionGroup>
    </configSections>
    <userSettings>
        <WarframeAlerts.Properties.Settings>
            <setting name="Password" serializeAs="String">
                <value>password</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="Username" serializeAs="String">
                <value>name</value>
            </setting>
            <setting name="RememberUser" serializeAs="String">
                <value>True</value>
            </setting>
 <setting name="FilterCreditRewards" serializeAs="String">
                <value>True</value>
            </setting>
        </WarframeAlerts.Properties.Settings>
    </userSettings>
</configuration>

Hmm, that should work.  Make sure you're editing the right file, because the Debug version that I posted and the non-Debug version might have different folders in the C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Okiesmokie_Productions\ folder

I'll work on a version tomorrow with a configuration interface so you guys won't have to manually edit the config file, but I'm going to sleep now though.

Edited by Okiesmokie

Been using this for today since I found it and I love it, and I love the ideas in the work for it <3 
I do have a few questions though, is it possible to change the sound by adding another sound file and renaming it? (I dare not try but when playing and listening to music I seem to not hear it which is my own fault but kinda is bad on defense levels) 
and when the options are added to select what rewards you want could it be possible to make more lists with different sounds, like one sound for credit rewards and another for question marks? Just my questions. 

Also a complete idiot when it comes to things like config files so for now I dare not change anything and I´ll just keep using it to get alerted about everything ^^ 
Thanks so much for making this and I can´t wait until it expands and grows :3

Been using this for today since I found it and I love it, and I love the ideas in the work for it <3 

I do have a few questions though, is it possible to change the sound by adding another sound file and renaming it? (I dare not try but when playing and listening to music I seem to not hear it which is my own fault but kinda is bad on defense levels) 

and when the options are added to select what rewards you want could it be possible to make more lists with different sounds, like one sound for credit rewards and another for question marks? Just my questions. 

Also a complete idiot when it comes to things like config files so for now I dare not change anything and I´ll just keep using it to get alerted about everything ^^ 

Thanks so much for making this and I can´t wait until it expands and grows :3

Right now you can change the sound by replacing the notify.wav in the folder, but I will take the suggestion to add different sounds based on filters :)

Just want to give an update.
I left it running overnight on my PC, just to give it a test run.
It ran all night, and didn't crash at all.
I am still getting alerts right now.
It's working flawlessy, awesome work Okiesmokie!

P.S. Going to share this with the boys, they will love it. ;)

Edited by Seras

I did the same. Worked all night and didn't crash.

I would love to set it to show anything above 1700 creds.

Also, it only displays the most current alert..? Is that right? If so, can we get a list? Probably wouldn't need to be more than the last 3 alerts. I have never seen more than 3 live at one time.

Edited by RawGritz

I did the same. Worked all night and didn't crash.

I would love to set it to show anything above 1700 creds.

Also, it only displays the most current alert..? Is that right? If so, can we get a list? Probably wouldn't need to be more than the last 3 alerts. I have never seen more than 3 live at one time.

I'm very glad to hear this, thank you guys for the extensive testing :D

And yeah, I will make it list more than one alert, but it will still only be the alerts that have appeared while you had the program running.  (A limitation of the Twitter API I'm using)

Edit: I'm working on the Configuration Options right now, so if anyone has any suggestions for things they want to be configurable, throw some ideas at me :)

Edited by Okiesmokie

Credit Filter - Only show alerts that meet a credit amount of X

? Alert Filter - Only show alerts with ? alerts

Ideas and Suggestions, I understand these might take time, but anyways!
Ability for it to track more than 1 alert. As we know, sometimes there is multiple alerts active, it would be interesting if the program could display multiple alerts at once, on different countdown clocks.

Log alerts, some people like to know what alerts they missed. Perhaps add an option for logging alerts after they expired? Could just have them save to a simple .txt document in your WarframeAlerts folder.

Just my thoughts! Best of luck, and thanks for the awesome contribution! You deserve something for your time. ^.^

Edited by Seras

Credit Filter - Only show alerts that meet a credit amount of X

? Alert Filter - Only show alerts with ? alerts

Ideas and Suggestions, I understand these might take time, but anyways!

Ability for it to track more than 1 alert. As we know, sometimes there is multiple alerts active, it would be interesting if the program could display multiple alerts at once, on different countdown clocks.

Log alerts, some people like to know what alerts they missed. Perhaps add an option for logging alerts after they expired? Could just have them save to a simple .txt document in your WarframeAlerts folder.

Just my thoughts! Best of luck, and thanks for the awesome contribution! You deserve something for your time. ^.^

Good suggestion all around. Lobbies are held open for old alerts, by some users. Being able to see old alerts would be good, I agree.

Edited by RawGritz

ohh silly me, I just downloaded this and started it up, some error happened when it tried to start the configuration, didn´t think anything of it and pressed continue without it ever showing the configuration menu. I tried restarting it and now I can´t seem to figure out how to get into the configs :) should´ve probably written down the error thing :/

Edit: figured out where to enter settings and everytime I try I get the error 

after a little bit of pokeing around it seems this is the problem

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
Edited by Milliea

ohh silly me, I just downloaded this and started it up, some error happened when it tried to start the configuration, didn´t think anything of it and pressed continue without it ever showing the configuration menu. I tried restarting it and now I can´t seem to figure out how to get into the configs :) should´ve probably written down the error thing :/

Edit: figured out where to enter settings and everytime I try I get the error 

after a little bit of pokeing around it seems this is the problem

Can you paste the whole exception error please?

Also, to get to the settings dialog you right click the notification icon and go to settings :)

Sure, just didn´t know if I should post the whole thing since it´s kinda lenghty ^^ happens everytime I try to open up the settings window and Thank you for the help ^^

[

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at WarframeAlerts.ConfigForm.LoadSettings()
   at WarframeAlerts.ConfigForm.ConfigForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WarframeAlerts
    Assembly Version: 1.1.1.0
    Win32 Version: 1.1.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Milliea/Downloads/Warframe%20Alerts/WarframeAlerts.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
SMDiagnostics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/SMDiagnostics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/SMDiagnostics.dll
System.Runtime.DurableInstancing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.DurableInstancing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Runtime.DurableInstancing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

]

I´m guessing it´s just because I updated windows 

Ohh and I just realized if I press continue on the error it still opens the settings xD haha always press quit on errors so I guess the error is more of an inconvinience

@Milliea:  I will look into it, but yeah it isn't a fatal error, it looks like it has to do with loading settings when you don't already have settings saved.

Will there be any other way to use this without twitter since twitter does not always update the information on time?

More than likely not, sorry :(

Thanks again anyways :) I don´t even think I would have posted anything if I had just clicked continue to begin with ^^ But I love how it works now and the adding your own sounds :D time to find something that can wake me up from anything for those question marks haha :D

Will there be any other way to use this without twitter since twitter does not always update the information on time?

Actually I've found the rss to be pulling updates faster than they show up on the actual twitter feed.

Thanks Okie for this app, works flawlessly now.

e: or not. "Alert does not meet the filter". That's good to know, but also why I filtered it, a notification for that kind of defeats the purpose.

Edited by Psyked

Wait, you´re getting an alert about an alert because you filtered you didn´t want alerts about those kind of alerts? :D 
Yes I had to do it ^^ so far it´s working great for me :3 but then again no alerts have come up that didn´t match my filters yet 

Edited by Milliea

Kind of, yes. I filtered for "?" alerts only because I couldn't care less about credits and it's given me an "Alert does not meet the filter" popup twice now, each time for a credit alert.

Oops, that was there for debugging-related purposes, I forgot to take it out.  Thanks for noticing :)

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?i697e91ld84cxce

Has support for logging, multiple alert display and the above fix.

Edit: Okay, the error you were getting the first time you ran the program (when you didn't have any settings saved) should no longer be appearing.

Edited by Okiesmokie