Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert Displaying And Filtering Program

Okiesmokie

It's not keeping up with the twitter here.

I got twitter, game and program open to check it's accuracy and speed. It is simply not listing the alerts as they pop in here. Once they expire, they list as expired.

I let the program running this morning so I could see what I missed when I come back. When I tried to open the it fron the tray, I got this (apparently from .NET framework (what does it have to do with it anyways?))

See the end of this message for details on invoking 

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.EventArgs' to type 'System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs'.
   at WarframeAlerts.MainForm.notifyMenu_Open_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WarframeAlerts
    Assembly Version: 1.2.1.0
    Win32 Version: 1.2.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Pzyko/Downloads/Warframe/WarframeAlerts.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
SMDiagnostics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/SMDiagnostics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/SMDiagnostics.dll
System.Runtime.DurableInstancing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.DurableInstancing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.Runtime.DurableInstancing.dll
tf5szj1m
    Assembly Version: 1.2.1.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

After exiting the program and starting it up again, it seems to work fine. I'll have to keep an eye on it around the next alert. I'll let ir run overnight as well.
Edited by pzykotik

@psykotik Ahh that is an oversight by me, that will be fixed in the next release.

Also, I have no idea why the first link is pointing to 1.1.1, mediafire is screwing up when I click copy link.  I've tried it 4 times now, and it is only giving me the link for 1.1.1.. hmm

Edit: MediaFire is weird.. I just edited the link and it was the exact same URL, but now it's pointing to 1.2.1, sorry about that.

Edited by Okiesmokie

the one where you can make filters is the newest ver. right? Just checking...

I just added a new version to the main post.  It now has the option to filter based on specific rewards, as well as the option to launch it with windows startup.  (If I'm missing any blueprints/artifacts, please let me know.  People in the thread I created asking for help on that matter were less than helpful.)

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?gz1ke185vzn6azd

Edited by Okiesmokie

For some reason I always get "Invalid username and password combination" even though I'm sure I'm typing it right. What could be the problem?

Make sure you're using your twitter account information, not your Warframe account.  (You don't have to do anything special with your twitter account, it's just used to log into the API.  If you click the "Register" button, it will take you to the twitter signup page if you don't already have an account)

Make sure you're using your twitter account information, not your Warframe account.  (You don't have to do anything special with your twitter account, it's just used to log into the API.  If you click the "Register" button, it will take you to the twitter signup page if you don't already have an account)

I do have a twitter account and I can log into a browser just fine. I'm logging in with an email address. Is that the right way?

edit: I used my @ID and it worked. I'm dumb.

Edited by alseT

I do have a twitter account and I can log into a browser just fine. I'm logging in with an email address. Is that the right way?

edit: I used my @ID and it worked. I'm dumb.

Yeah, you have to use your ID to log in to the API, sorry :x

I just added a new version to the main post.  It now has the option to filter based on specific rewards, as well as the option to launch it with windows startup.  (If I'm missing any blueprints/artifacts, please let me know.  People in the thread I created asking for help on that matter were less than helpful.)

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?gz1ke185vzn6azd

WhahahaT?!?! Really? That is awesome. Having a blast testing this.

Thanks for your hard work. I can give you list of the artifact I have. But I don't have them all. 

It looks like you have to paste into ilivid to download this for anyone who is having the same issues I was.

If someone knows a better way to use mediafire please let me know!

Edited by Drezdan

I love you program but can you make it not to want twitter acc. (nothing personal for twitter but i dont like it).I made acc. just for this program and knowing that i have twitter makes me to deactivate it.

No, twitter is the only way to automatically get alert notifications.  You don't have to use the twitter account you make, just make one to use the program and never touch it again.

This is great job, thanks a million from a begining player!

This tool is awesome :)

I may have a suggestion for you, there could be a possibility to remove the need for twitter authentification by using user rss feed provided by twitter api

Here is the link to use for WarframeAlerts:

https://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/user_timeline.rss?screen_name=WarframeAlerts

Edit:

trying to use bbcode for link

It seems to work for me. the feed doesnt need registration.

And a "bug" report for the last version 1.3.0

I check "lauch with windows", the program registers correctly in registry, but when i come back in options the box is no longer checked.

To unregister autolaunch, you have to check then usncheck, then save.

Edited by Tazmanyak

great program. only thing i notice was the lack of saryn's hemlock helmet.

This is great job, thanks a million from a begining player!

This tool is awesome :)

I may have a suggestion for you, there could be a possibility to remove the need for twitter authentification by using user rss feed provided by twitter api

Here is the link to use for WarframeAlerts:

Edit:

trying to use bbcode for link

It seems to work for me. the feed doesnt need registration.

And a "bug" report for the last version 1.3.0

I check "lauch with windows", the program registers correctly in registry, but when i come back in options the box is no longer checked.

To unregister autolaunch, you have to check then usncheck, then save.

The problem with using the RSS is that it throttles connections.  If I wanted the alerts to be shown instantly when they appear, I would have to query the RSS feed every ~10 seconds, which is more than twitter allows you to do.  Not to mention that every 10 seconds you'd be receiving the entire RSS feed, which is quite a bit of bandwidth to take up needlessly.  The twitter streaming API allows you to just maintain a connection to the server, and get notified when a new tweet is posted.  It takes up much less bandwidth, and doesn't hammer the twitter servers.  It's not that hard to make an account, even if you don't plan on using twitter at all.

Also, both of these bugs are fixed now, thanks for reporting them.

Edited by Okiesmokie

For some reason I always get "Invalid username and password combination" even though I'm sure I'm typing it right. What could be the problem?

for anyone that gets this error try using your twitter username and not an email. it would not work with my email/password but it did with my username/password.

you can find your username for twitter under settings fyi.

also maybe okie can fix this problem and also add a place where it displays its version number so we can tell.

Edited by Nemesis353

also maybe okie can fix this problem and also add a place where it displays its version number so we can tell.

- ^this.

- can you make it so it remembers your twitter setting between versiosn?

- maybe change the log function to be able to load between versions too?