Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx’S Absorb Nerfed Hard :/

Ketec

No, they need to start taking a serious look at those levels. Level 30 and below enemies are boring as hell to play against.  Not every one wants to play against higher level enemies, but the game should be balanced in such a way that you can if you like.

The only reason not to balance against them or remove them from the game is pure laziness.  I can easily come up with ways to make characters balanced against high level enemies, without them being OP in low levels, and keep higher leveled stuff extremely tough.

So you cant play against enemies higher than the target level range now?

Indeed. I've been playing Nyx in the Cryotic event, so a nice endless test. At about level 30-50 I notice a slow decline depending on how much I need to Chaos (the more of a carry I have to be the earlier this point is, and more E-Siphons can help), and at 55 Absorb is far too resource intensive to use without energy restores-and this is against Corpus, the best faction to use it on since they have a significant amount of health that doesn't resist magnetic. Other factions have lower points because the damage required is higher.
This is a max eff build (maxed FE, Vespa).

For anyone who says "Just use Chaos"-there's still the chance they target you, and Nyx has very little survivability outside her abilities at all.

End of story is still the same, the nerf was inappropriate-and in my opinion unneccessary.

Edited by SolarDwagon

No, they need to start taking a serious look at those levels. Level 30 and below enemies are boring as hell to play against.  Not every one wants to play against higher level enemies, but the game should be balanced in such a way that you can if you like.

The only reason not to balance against them or remove them from the game is pure laziness.  I can easily come up with ways to make characters balanced against high level enemies, without them being OP in low levels, and keep higher leveled stuff extremely tough.

I just said that they don't intent to. The hell, reading isn't that hard? Lazy, not willing, don't care, what have you. The point is DE doesn't look twice at the over end game stuff because they DON'T WANT TO.

Edited by Saiyanjin1

Indeed. I've been playing Nyx in the Cryotic event, so a nice endless test. At about level 30-50 I notice a slow decline depending on how much I need to Chaos (the more of a carry I have to be the earlier this point is, and more E-Siphons can help), and at 55 Absorb is far too resource intensive to use without energy restores-and this is against Corpus, the best faction to use it on since they have a significant amount of health that doesn't resist magnetic. Other factions have lower points because the damage required is higher.

This is a max eff build (maxed FE, Vespa).

For anyone who says "Just use Chaos"-there's still the chance they target you, and Nyx has very little survivability outside her abilities at all.

End of story is still the same, the nerf was inappropriate-and in my opinion unneccessary.

Yeah, Chaos is not perfect. When I was making a Youtube video about doing the 3,000 Cryotic run on Earth, there were a couple of points when Ballistica's one-shot me with full (or nearly full) health and shields, while they were under the effects of Chaos.

Mind you, that was level 50+ enemies, but it still felt futile at some point when the enemies were level 60+ and we had only acquired 1,800 Cryotic.

Now, Absorb can only to so much, but it can do a whole lot less when I need to keep constant Chaos up and I don't want to use Absorb for fear of enemies draining my energy up too quickly with tons of damage. That is not balanced.

Video for reference:

http://youtu.be/Lo1IoBi1XL4

Edited by Angelus_de_Mortiel

Hight - End game is level 30 (Pluto) and its stated by DE so the game will never be balanced around lvl 150 enemies, dealt with it.

To me, Level 25 is endgame. like real...

The only endgame is when, all weapon' dps are equalized

And this is why I stopped playing warframe

^agree.

If only enemies' level scale by 50% less effective than current... on both health & damage