Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx’S Absorb Nerfed Hard :/

Ketec

You do not need to quote me just to confirm what I already said about you. I imagine with that many post you are more likely to talk than to read. So, you may have missed the point I was trying to make. With no disrespect but you are basically giving the stereotypical response we see when any nerf or buff hits. It isn't an insult. There will be players who say it was fine as was too. 

The core issue is that DE has a tendency to over buff and then over nerf to compensate. Instead of the stereotypes perhaps we should try and get DE to find balance by leaving what's not broken alone. And I know in your opinion Absorb was always broken. Many players feel infinitely scaling skills are unfair. While I understand that unless they plan to nerf each and everyone and scale damage based on content for high dps (ie damage capping them in lower content) I do not think there is much room to argue.

In any case DE should take a step back and re evaluate their buffing and nerfing process. 

Realistically how many more time do we have to read this thread before it ends?

Over buff and over nerf is certainly not true

Trinity is the perfect example

Any type of invincibility she couldve had has literally two options

Either too strong/sustainable without a restriction or too short to really be useable (would likely be spammed with min duration build in bursts by players but still wed see complaints about nerfs)

Theres no way to please that crowd

The change to trinity was as drastic as the issue she presented so people treat it as if its too much

Its as if there were a gun with twice the sustained DPS of the boltor prime out

Many players would immediately ask for a nerf and many would want it to stay as being far above the boltor prime and other weapons

Of course it cant stay that way for balances sake so it gets changed to be closer to the Boltor prime and gains a status chance or accuracy boost as a balance

Did DE make the right move here? Making something more or less on par with everything else but better in some ways as well?

Id say yes but many say no...but why? Whats wrong with weapons remaining in a balance

Whats more fun about a weapon that simply goes a bit longer but eventually becomes as worthless as the next weapon on the enemies youre facing

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Its all about bias and entitlement and selfishness. I have no empathy for these reasons

You can call me what you like for that. Label me whatever i dont care anymore because i know what players are like and what thir motives are.

Theyre almost always obvious and almost always the same thing fueling them

People like that are wrong period. Theres no arguing to be done or won, its wasted time in the end

The best i can do is aggressively approach the issue so newer readers might change their thoughts beforehand

Ive been called out by people for my approach but i dont care for that either.

There are always going to be people taking the logical route and backed by forumers who agree with logic or maybe disagree but respect their calmness and willingness to go the long route.... but i play the other support

The other side thats not often enough seen and more often than not needed that some of them maybe want to be like a bit more but cant because people simply use that to rule their arguments out

TL;DR

Youre wrong period and no arguing i do is going to prove it to you so why waste more time?

Most of this is directed towards you specifically

EDIT

Most of it is NOT directed towards you specifically

That typo though

Warframe is all about flavor.  The game is not hard; there's no need to use THE BEST BUILD.  Use whatever you enjoy using.

The best build usually only takes damage into consideration and drops off faster than status/ammo efficiency/safe/strange approach weapons

Edited by Azawarau

at least the current 1000 damage/8 energy is way too much. The damage on enemy scales very fast on higher levels.

Which could easily mean that before you notice, your whole energy pool is empty - flow or not.

Since the days of removing Rhino's god mode DE has gone on a rampage of hating ANYTHING that gives any sort of invincibility (See Frost, Trinity and I think Ember). I get that DE hates the player to have god mode for even a second but come on, I was only on way 19 of a T4D and everyone but my Nyx went down and the pod was on it's last legs so I went up to it and hit Absorb (with 75% Efficiency) and in about 3 seconds my 450 pool of energy got reduced to less than 100 (I run max range and have less Power Strength so it didn't exactly do the job).

Also I'm just waiting for the day (cuz it WILL come) where they super nerf Chaos (the only reason I use Nyx in the first place) to affecting enemies based on Power Strength (see uncle Booban's Bastille).

DE we get it, you want us to work extra hard to get the A on our test but at the same time give us a test we're prepared for and not a test you constantly change the answers to and not tell us. BAD TEACHER! 

First of all this is not a nerf,  it's a devastation, because it does not work like it should work.

Absorb have an initially cost (6,25 efficiency capped) than have a cost of 1,5 energy per second (with 75% efficiency should be 1, but it doesn't)

At last, as if that were not enough, the drain is 8 per 1000 damage, 2 with 75%, but it doesn't because i have tested and after an incoming damage of about 8000 damage the drain was approximately 80 energy. 

Fix Nyx!

Edited by Deios-Ken

Ok, another frame was "balanced" i.e. nerfed to the point of being almost useless where it really should be used (end-game, that is).

They should lock all the mob levels to resemble Mercury ones, to compensate for all the weird ability redesign solutions they've made. And rename the game into "My Little Warframe: Nerfing is Magic!".

Since the days of removing Rhino's god mode DE has gone on a rampage of hating ANYTHING that gives any sort of invincibility (See Frost, Trinity and I think Ember). I get that DE hates the player to have god mode for even a second but come on, I was only on way 19 of a T4D and everyone but my Nyx went down and the pod was on it's last legs so I went up to it and hit Absorb (with 75% Efficiency) and in about 3 seconds my 450 pool of energy got reduced to less than 100 (I run max range and have less Power Strength so it didn't exactly do the job).

Also I'm just waiting for the day (cuz it WILL come) where they super nerf Chaos (the only reason I use Nyx in the first place) to affecting enemies based on Power Strength (see uncle Booban's Bastille).

DE we get it, you want us to work extra hard to get the A on our test but at the same time give us a test we're prepared for and not a test you constantly change the answers to and not tell us. BAD TEACHER! 

Chaos

Ok, another frame was "balanced" i.e. nerfed to the point of being almost useless where it really should be used (end-game, that is).

They should lock all the mob levels to resemble Mercury ones, to compensate for all the weird ability redesign solutions they've made. And rename the game into "My Little Warframe: Nerfing is Magic!".

Chaos and mind control

Booben at least can cast multiple Bastille.

Check out Nekros terrify XD

the 8 energy per 1000 damage is a insane debuff.

The absorb doesn't have resistances  of any kind so it takes full damage - The energy is literally wiped at any higher level mission in moments. Not to mention friendly fire.

Often u can see damage absorbed go up to 20k+ in moments - that's basically instant -160 energy. And on top of that u got activation cost and e/s drain as well.

On top of all the energy leech and drain everywhere.

Other skills need buffs.

first and second.

they should have made absorb's cost per second grow exponentially after 45 seconds / 1 minute.

there is too much damage going around for making it cost extra energy when you take damage.

The issue is it obsoletes Frosts shield

Even with her sitting at the pod shes too much more useful

The issue is it obsoletes Frosts shield

Even with her sitting at the pod shes too much more useful

Then there's other things they could have done.

F.E. Absorb shouldn't be used liek a frost shield in the first place anyway.

We can even see the bullets that hit the bubble get sucked into the center of it, so maybe it should still damage stuff that's in it.

So you couldn't just jump on the pod and make it invulnerable for as long as you have energy, the only thing you could do being, sitting in front of it to cover it from one side, while leaving it vulnerable from other angles.

Might even activate it between enemies and someone reviving a team mate or something like that.

Absorb can't normally cover a full pod, anything with AoE damage goes straight through it and it's nowhere near big enough to stop that from hitting the pod...

Plus sometimes it just stops working anyway and EVERYTHING hits the pod

You mean when you dont mod for it?

When you do it synergizes with your other powers so there isnt much reason not to

Nyx was the only frame that didn't need any adjustments.

DE going out of their way to mess with her abilities when there are so many other more important, justified changes to be made leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I disagree

I honestly think just adding a duration cap to the power would have been fine. This extra drain from damage really just makes it into a non-scaling ability like any other ultimate.

That's why they changed it.  If it works against level 100+ enemies you can bet it's op against level 40 enemies as well.  That said, the current iteration is not acceptable.  

That's why they changed it.  If it works against level 100+ enemies you can bet it's op against level 40 enemies as well.  That said, the current iteration is not acceptable.  

Best solution is return it to pre-nerf-pre-buff status (100 energy activation costs and set max duration w/o energy drain over time).  Then just give it the option to end it early with no additional benefits.

That makes it great against level 100 enemies while NOT being OP against level 10 enemies.

Best solution is return it to pre-nerf-pre-buff status (100 energy activation costs and set max duration w/o energy drain over time).  Then just give it the option to end it early with no additional benefits.

That makes it great against level 100 enemies while NOT being OP against level 10 enemies.

Agreed.  The toggle mechanic is shoehorned into this design.  There should probably be a minimum duration before canceling (maybe 5 seconds or so?)