Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx’S Absorb Nerfed Hard :/

Ketec

The really bad part is the nerf betrays everything nyx stands for. You have to fundamentally change the way you use absorb. The whole point of absorb before was to get into the epicenter of enemy damage and absorb as much damage as humanly possible. Now... i'm not even sure new absorb really has an area it can really be all that effective... I mean doing that now, runing into the middle of as many enemies as possible, is going to either kill you or drain all of your energy.

Why don't we just bring absorb back to it's un-triggered state? At least then the skill would have a point, a niche, a purpose. As it is now, it's basically a triggered quick thinking.

Edited by insaninater

Just ask for a lower energy drain on absorbed damage; there's no need to freak out and throw a fit.  No one disputes that the previous incarnation of Absorb was OP.  

Even with max efficiency you are already at 2 energy per 1k damage.

Can't go any lower.

Unless you implement like 2 energy per 5k damage, then perhaps it might be worth something.

That is not a fair comparison. Not every one is going to have to mods and arcane helmets for max efficiency, plus there are so major drawbacks for building towards max efficiency such as a negative power duration of 60%.  That is devastating to Nyx's other skills.

... In what way? 

You can't spam-cast Chaos before the duration has run out, so having a lower duration is actually beneficial once new enemy waves arrive that weren't affected by Chaos. 

Same goes for Mind Control. 

Being able to cast Chaos and Mind Control more often is beneficial to Nyx, not devastating. 

Just ask for a lower energy drain on absorbed damage; there's no need to freak out and throw a fit.  No one disputes that the previous incarnation of Absorb was OP.  

It started off fine.  The buff made it OP.  This Nerf made it useless.  We would be better off if they never changed it at all.

Being able to cast Chaos and Mind Control more often is beneficial to Nyx, not devastating. 

No, it's not.  Chaos lasting just a few seconds is entirely pointless. 

No, it's not.  Chaos lasting just a few seconds is entirely pointless. 

Look. Think about this. 

You lose 10 seconds out of 25 on chaos with a -40% duration, your most important ability, while you gain the benefit of being able to cast all your abilities as much as you want. Adding to that, it allows you to cast Chaos centralized on your position more frequently, so no enemies can catch you off-guard, 

Personally I've got both streamline and fleeting, fleeting giving me -40% duration. This causes Chaos to last for 15 seconds, and the cost to cast Chaos is literally nothing thanks to my -70% energy cost. It caps at 75% so there's no point in me leveling fleeting another level. 

Fleeting Expertise does not break Nyx's abilities in any way. 

Edited by TwiceDead

That is not a fair comparison. Not every one is going to have to mods and arcane helmets for max efficiency, plus there are so major drawbacks for building towards max efficiency such as a negative power duration of 60%.  That is devastating to Nyx's other skills.

Actually the duration loss from fleeting is really insignificant I actually prefer the shorter duration and if you throw on a continuity her skills will last a good 20 seconds which is just about perfect in my opinion and considering I have soloed t4 defense missions with her I like to think that my opinion has some merit.

Once again: friendly damage drains energy too! Just some Penta shots will leave you out of energy, or some one firing Boltor P at 30k burst DPS. Its an absurd change. Whoever made didn't even think for a second that this a coop game, left alone has experience playing Nyx in a team. 

I think that for the ability to be more balanced:

No -Energy ticks per second;

Reduce the energy drain per damage. From 8/1K, make it 4/1K and you already can absorb twice as much damage. 

Then it would become around twice as efficient, I think it would be enough to bring it back to the playing field. 

I think that for the ability to be more balanced:

No -Energy ticks per second;

Reduce the energy drain per damage. From 8/1K, make it 4/1K and you already can absorb twice as much damage. 

Then it would become around twice as efficient, I think it would be enough to bring it back to the playing field. 

The previous playing field it was at, was the reason they nerfed it though. 

... I assume. 

Ability with infinite scalability in damage output is now capped by amount of energy you have. Since enemy scales infinitely it can be definitely called a nerf.  Would like see more frames / abilities that scale not less.

Removing ally ability to charge nyx's absorb would lessen its utilty even more.

Absorb was good as it was. I don't get reason why this change was implemented. If its for PvP then nerf there - please don't touch PvE.

Edited by AirlockMaster

As always De over-nerfs stuff and then nerfs gets supported by those who either never played her, did not enjoy playing her or those who were stuck playing with noobs using her.

Why Buff the ability to later Nerf it again?

Her absorb is useful at High level Survival and Defence. The damage at these levels is insane, so it becomes useless since you cannot reuse it.

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

As always De over-nerfs stuff and then nerfs gets supported by those who either never played her, did not enjoy playing her or those who were stuck playing with noobs using her.

Why Buff the ability to later Nerf it again?

Her absorb is useful at High level Survival and Defence. The damage at these levels is insane, so it becomes useless since you cannot reuse it.

This is my biggest gripe with the whole ordeal

Why buff it only to nerf it again? There's no sense in it at all. And if you wanted to nerf it, why not just bring it back to how it was before the buff? It really doesn't make any sense.

I am not sure if it's intended but chaos looks like it's also got nerf. I was playing T4D earlier and the waves of enemies seemed to ignore each other after casting chaos.

Congratulation  DE, you have successfully destroyed yet another one of my favorite warframes, following Ember and Frost. Good job.

So you have constant energy drain and 8 energy per 1k damage? So when enemies hit around 20, this ability will drain all energy almost right way? oh good. Why not just reset it back pre-buff is my question. DE over-nerfed this one, as some others... wich makes me fear what will happen valkyr when her nerf day comes....might as well quit after that day...

I'd really like to know if DE actually tests them just ONCE before rolling out such retard changes. This is just BS, plain and simple. Spitting in the face of all Nyx players. I main Nyx yes, so yes my opinion is totally biased. Still, even with my biased opinion there is NOTHING that justifies what you did there. Unless of course you want everyone to play 2 frames. Is that what you want DE?

So devs, with all due respect and with great restraint... Let me ask you this : WHY do you have to destroy things that WORK, and COMPLETELY IGNORE THINGS THAT HAVE BEEN BROKEN FOREVER? Why? What the Hek is wrong with you??? Why do you want to kill your baby so much? Do you even realize what you're doing? Who makes that kind of moronic decisions in the team? Do you call that "balance"? All this does is AGAIN force players to use mods they didn't before, if not put the frames themselves in the trash can!

IT DEFEATS THE WHOLE MOD SYSTEM, which is supposed to be CUSTOMIZATION. There are already VERY limited builds, and still, you persist! MOAR moronism, changes that make no sense (unless again you decided to intentionally destroy your game, which you seem more and more Hellbent on doing), and further limit the mods we can use.

So, I'll ask one more time, and again, respectfully (as much as humanly possible anyway...) : WHAT THE HEK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Now that I spilled all my bile, I am going to calm down, probably come back later to add an apology, wait a few days, and hope you come to your senses and undo this... "thing", so we can resume having FUN and enjoy this game once more. And please, for the love of the Lotus... Ask us what we think about that kind of atrocity before you implement them... And think about stuff that actually needs (desperately) fixing before ruining everything that works... Please.^^'

Edited by Marthrym

Good

Anyone saying your favorite frame or weapon will be ruined  is wrong

Ogris changed and i loved it

Trinity lost god mode and im all good

Loki changes to invisibility i had called for since ages ago

Valkyr defense? Borderline but ill accept it

Balance for all is more important than personal things

Get over it

Good

Anyone saying your favorite frame or weapon will be ruined  is wrong

Ogris changed and i loved it

Trinity lost god mode and im all good

Loki changes to invisibility i had called for since ages ago

Valkyr defense? Borderline but ill accept it

Balance for all is more important than personal things

Get over it

Yea, balance is important.

But nyx was already balanced. We didn't see people everywhere using nyx only, nyx was a little niche frame people hardly used.

Plus, absorb was buffed, then nerfed back to worse than it was before it got buffed. Call me crazy, but that doesn't seem like the most efficient way to "balance".

Bad

Nyx is now worse than she was before the Absorb buff, further encouraging players to only use Chaos.

Meanwhile a buffed Oberon now gets to cause radiation procs on his ult, making him a mini-Nyx with healing abilities.

This is not good balance, and just because someone is all good with the changes it does not automatically make them right.

Don't be selfish, don't blindly discard opinions of the others.

Why are we typing like this?