Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx’S Absorb Nerfed Hard :/

Ketec

the 8 energy per 1000 damage is a insane debuff.

The absorb doesn't have resistances  of any kind so it takes full damage - The energy is literally wiped at any higher level mission in moments. Not to mention friendly fire.

Often u can see damage absorbed go up to 20k+ in moments - that's basically instant -160 energy. And on top of that u got activation cost and e/s drain as well.

On top of all the energy leech and drain everywhere.

DE rounds all the stray players up, and starts herding them back to Rhino and Nova...where they obviously want us.

I guess because you can't just press 4 and win?

....Like Nova and Rhino?

Hell, even Nova XP distribution of MP was changed in 14.5

I knew this would happen. I knew if i said nyx was good you people would nerf her.

You might as well just get rid of absorb if it's not going to scale. It's worse than it was before it was trigger!

This is seriously not ok. What is wrong with you people?!?!?!

Yay, no more Nyx cryopod campers!

Nerf is good.

Your favorite frame is gonna get ruined too eventually. Just you wait!

Does it still drain energy over time as well? If so then Nyx is crap.  If there is just an activation cost then energy costs per amount of damage absorbed then it is balanced.

No, not at all. It still wouldn't be balanced.

The nice thing about nyx is that she scales very well. Her scaling is the entire point of her frame. That is, her abilities stay effective no matter how powerful the enemy gets, because they aren't based on damage. She's balanced because she's the single squishiest frame in the game.

Tell me, what use is absorb now? 

It doesn't scale, so a gun is going to be just way more effective.

Defensively, it's now just a QT replacement.

Edited by insaninater

Then I agree.  The skill is crap, and they over-nerfed it.

So it started off okay, they buffed it to insane levels, then they nerfed it to be worse than it was to start with. What was the point?

I don't see why they couldn't' just undo the original buff, and bring it back to un-triggered.

At least then the skill would still scale. I think having any of nyx skills affected by power strength, be it yours or the enemies, is completely missing the point.

The build notes state that the passive drain on Absorb was reduced from 10 to 4 energy per second.  Are you absolutely sure it's draining faster?

Yes, i'm looking at it.

It's certainly not slower. Maybe it has something to do with my build, i have fleeting on.

Max efficiency (80%) build, still drains passively 1 energy per 0,6  second

2 energy per 1000 incoming damage

Self/friendly damage drains too.  Single Penta shot  ~12000dmg  say bye-bye to 24 energy

T4 ext  lvl~30-35 : several small mobs deal ~2000 dmg per second. I didn't reach any heavies cause I was completely out of energy quickly.  

GG.  RIP Nyx

Edited by Monolake

Just tried it.  The drain rate is not faster.  It's just not a huge difference with max efficiency.

That said, the drain rate on damage... mm, it's not terrible.  I've always used max efficiency and flow so I was able to absorb 24000 damage with a moderate hit to my energy reserve.  Still it could stand to be reduced since the power has limited range.

Edited by LazarusDark

ok let's crunch some numbers here, QQers:

it is affected by effieciency so....

efificiency is capped at 75% if i recall correctly.

8*0.75 = 6

8-6 = 2 (that's 2 energy per 1000 damage)

now, high lvl enemies have 70k hp (more or less, and im not counting resistances)

70*2 = 140 energy to do 70k damage. (seems pretty fair to me).

now nyx (eith flow) is able to hold 450 energy.

140/450 = 0.311111  so.. 1/3 of the energy to deal 70k damage seems pretty good to me, giving how enemies drop energy orbs.

Stop complaining because they tweaked your grind toy, and if you dont like the changes, go exploit another frame untill you manage to get DE to nerf it as well.

and have fun.

:D

8*0.75 = 6

8-6 = 2 (that's 2 energy per 1000 damage)

now, high lvl enemies have 70k hp (more or less, and im not counting resistances)

70*2 = 140 energy to do 70k damage. (seems pretty fair to me).

now nyx (eith flow) is able to hold 450 energy.

140/450 = 0.311111  so.. 1/3 of the energy to deal 70k damage seems pretty good to me, giving how enemies drop energy orbs.

Stop complaining because they tweaked your grind toy, and if you dont like the changes, go exploit another frame untill you manage to get DE to nerf it as well.

and have fun.

:D

Fair compared to what, Nova Antimatter drop maybe? 13 energy per virtually unlimited amount of damage. Nova is balanced right.

Absorb is unusable with friendly damage alone now. And on high levels and T4/NM where mobs deal much more damage, You'd be completely out of energy with few uses even with maxed efficiency mods, 

Edited by Monolake

Also they still haven't even implemented a proper solution for absorb ignoring magnetic damage. We will not forget that you still have to do that DE. Didn't they just increase the energy consumption? i mean you can still absorb quite a lot i'd imagine with a big enough pool and energy efficiency? Haven't tried in any decently high level mission though. I seriously doubt the nerf was warranted in any case... but then again i rarely just sat in a bubble, a habit from the days absorb was crappy as all hell i reckon...

That is not a fair comparison. Not every one is going to have to mods and arcane helmets for max efficiency, plus there are so major drawbacks for building towards max efficiency such as a negative power duration of 60%.  That is devastating to Nyx's other skills.