The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Part Two Of Cryotic Front?

billthebetta

Event i crappy and tedious after hotfix. Was hectic and fun before.

Fun decrease ONLY when Extractor began to spawn on their own or a delayed spawn of extractor.

Limiting to 1 power cell is alright AS long as power cell carrier spawn rate is acceptable.

I kind of wish they would remove Oxygen/Defense objectives and give a true survival mode finally.  Where it is you versus the enemy, not versus some arbitrary mechanic of the mission.

Play until you all die in the squad.   Rewards pop every 5 minutes.

The reason I think they will never add a mission like that is that there would be no reason to run defense, survival or this new scavenger anymore.

that gamemode would be exploitable.

switch teleport outside the map, volt shield camping, permanent invisibility camping in nowhere, just the first few ideas, what players would do in that mission

i'd vote for something similar to the timed nighmare mode, but without an objective. I'd add thousands of spawns, but make the mobs scale much harder that in T4 survival. This way wouldn't happen that you get a bad tileset, and have to extract because the timer runs out, but the mission ends when you aren't able to kill the mobs any more.

I'd add a checkpoint at every 5 minutes (just like in defense), and only forfeit the bonuses when the squad dies

Look we just need enough people to post about how easy it was and we may get a part 2. 

So ye that event was fun I guess, but it was really easy. 

i don't understand how people can say this. You must be the same guys who leave at wave 5 of every defense you play.

Go to Europa, and push for 10,000 points. Than tell me it's easy.

Sidenote: this is the one of the best events ever, having so much fun with this.

First I tried doing it on Earth because I didn't notice there are other places with higher Cryo gathering rate...I can tell you getting to 3000 wasn't easy when level 130 balistas would one shot me and my clan mate...then we went to Europa and loled at the 6000 we got easily, then it started getting ridiculous because not even my maxed our range stomp and his maxed out snow globe could keep those railgun moas from 1 shooting the excavator even through the snowglobe (because railgun moas have wall hax)

i don't understand how people can say this. You must be the same guys who leave at wave 5 of every defense you play.

Go to Europa, and push for 10,000 points. Than tell me it's easy.

Sidenote: this is the one of the best events ever, having so much fun with this.

It was a joke. 

I kind of wish they would remove Oxygen/Defense objectives and give a true survival mode finally.  Where it is you versus the enemy, not versus some arbitrary mechanic of the mission.

Play until you all die in the squad.   Rewards pop every 5 minutes.

The reason I think they will never add a mission like that is that there would be no reason to run defense, survival or this new scavenger anymore.

The reason they will never do that is how exploitable it is to infinitely camp in a safe area and then just have to sneak to extraction once you get all the rewards you can and are bored of moving just enough to escape any AFK detector.

Think of how many frames can get to a an area outside of where enemies can ever target them.

Think of how ridiculously easy it would be for a Loki with a few energy restores and E-siphon with a duration build.

Even if they made the map one big flat square with only a few pieces of cover and nothing else, it still would work because Loki exists.

Valkyr with minimum power range would also be able to stay in hysteria permanently to avoid all damage.

Hek, even Zephyr would be able to laugh and sit there and just worry about having to use Turbulence every so often.

Well thats rude, especially considering I ran to 3000 on MY FIRST run of Earth I didn't get a chance to read any emails that I got.

Then you're excused because you didn't get the chance. I'm referring to anyone that went to Earth at least twice trying to get 3000 like I thought you did.

^agreed

this is the only event where i would LOVE to play it again, even after getting my 3k reward.

this event' pace can be adjusted...

played solo, enemies not much.

played 4-man, the whole map is filled with corpus! making me feel like i'm in an ant tunnel. with corpus being the ants.

Part two is obviously catching some Martian Oasis Jellyfish then eating them

SERIOUSLY HAVE YOU EVER TASTED A MARTIAN OASIS JELLYFISH?!!! THE ELECTRICITY THAT SHOCKS YOUR TASTE PALATES HRNNNNGH!!!

Edited by Neah

Guest Tehnoobshow

Part two is obviously catching some Martian Oasis Jellyfish then eating them

SERIOUSLY HAVE YOU EVER TASTED A MARTIAN OASIS JELLYFISH?!!! THE ELECTRICITY THAT SHOCKS YOUR TASTE PALATES HRNNNNGH!!!

Actually, I'm pretty sure Part 2 is going to be about stealing Martian Oasis Jellyfish eggs so our associate can breed them.