Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaxion - Low Damage, 'meh' Status, Terrible Ammo Economy.

Blackout751

Really? I understand that it's ability to freeze outright is a redeeming factor but it's not enough since it freezes a single target at a time. 6 damage isn't going to kill anyone any time soon and its ammo efficiency is god-awful. 15% status is only 24% with two elemental status mods (I think) which is pretty bad.

If this weapon procs Cold on everything it damages and the 15% is a chance to Freeze, that'd be a saving grace. Unless it already does this, it's just another super-hyped weapon that's simply mastery-fodder.

Last I checked it was supposed to be a control weapon. A 'Freeze Ray'?

It slows enemies and I have frozen everything from Ancients to Heavy Gunners to Corrupted MOAs.

Not a substitute for the Boltor Prime, but not a bad tool either.

(oh, my bad. Has to outdamage Boltor Prime or it sucks... *sigh* whatever.)

It slows enemies and I have frozen everything from Ancients to Heavy Gunners to Corrupted MOAs.

No, it doesn't have to outdamage Boltor Prime...

It's a low damage pin point continuous rifle which slows enemies down, if it had higher damage and a lower RoF I think it'd be a lot better and might be worth more than just mastery points...

I was so excited about it... But now that I've used it for a couple of missions, I had to put it away because I think it's terrible. It doesn't slow enemies at the first round, the slow is rather an accumulated effect. Even in the first Mercury missions this rifle lacks damage wise and ammo economy wise. I don't think I ever saw a primary rifle that runs out of ammo in an extermination on Mercury. To make matters worse, it's only 1 beam, so you really have to pick your target, no CC there. And to think you can click and move the beam from one target to the other... hell no! Sorry for whoever designed this, but the only positive things I can say about the Glaxion are related to looks and mobs post death animation. Freezing stuff is nice, the frozen targets have a nice post death animation, the rifle itself looks fine, but damage wise vs ammo economy this weapon is not viable. I'm very disappointed.

Edited by Noobstein

No, it doesn't have to outdamage Boltor Prime...

It's a low damage pin point continuous rifle which slows enemies down, if it had higher damage and a lower RoF I think it'd be a lot better and might be worth more than just mastery points...

Your opinion is noted. Not everyone will share it. Just like not everyone will share mine.

In my own experience, it is a HILARIOUS weapon, except that when you freeze mobs Nekros can't desecrate them. But that is a small price to pay for a garden of frozen MOA statues.

No, we just want it to not be a worse Flux Rifle in every single way possible. Especially for the resources required to make the thing in the first place.

Hey, don't knock the Grakata. It's the poor man's Soma.

WUT?

Soma is about crits and Grakatta is about status. Of course you can mod Grakatta as both status + crits, but certain status builds are much more effective.Nothing in common with Soma.

WUT?

Soma is about crits and Grakatta is about status. Of course you can mod Grakatta as both status + crits, but certain status builds are much more effective.Nothing in common with Soma.

When grakata is built for crit, it is quite similar to Soma

And Grakata can be built  for both crit by itself, and status by itself.

So no, it's not all about status.

When grakata is built for crit, it is quite similar to Soma

And Grakata can be built  for both crit by itself, and status by itself.

So no, it's not all about status.

Pls read carefully what I had written. You even quoted it. I stated that.

However Grakatta's crit build is inconsistent.

It works much more better with status. Those using Grakatta as pure crit weapon did not try the propet status build, do belive me.

outclassed by the mk-1 braton. the MK-1 braton! the glaxion it's the worst weapon ingame it's not just worse than the boltor prime(common disease i know). and it isn't even aoe so it aint any better than the grakata for cc purposes and let's not even bring the tysis on the table, it's LESS ammo efficient than the grakata, making it the most ammo inefficent weapon ingame, the weapon with the worst dps, lowest burst dps and it even has limited range and to booth is expansive. can it even get worse than this? 

Edited by bl4ckhunter

outclassed by the mk-1 braton. the MK-1 braton! the glaxion it's the worst weapon ingame it's not just worse than the boltor prime(common disease i know). and it isn't even aoe so it aint any better than the grakata for cc purposes and let's not even bring the tysis on the table, it's LESS ammo efficient than the grakata, making it the most ammo inefficent weapon ingame, the weapon with the worst dps, lowest burst dps and it even has limited range and to booth is expansive. can it even get worse than this? 

This is actually really impressive.. Cant wait till I have it myself!

Ah, never mind. You want EVERY SINGLE weapon to DO THE EXACT SAME THINGS. Only be more powerful with each new iteration.

I get it.

Sorry that I enjoy freezing things with the Glaxion. Um... actually, no I am not.

Your opinion is yours. My opinion is mine.

In MY opinion, it was never INTENDED as a damage dealing weapon. It is a CROWD CONTROL weapon. It was never going to outdamage the Boltor Prime or Ogris like some of you wanted. SOME of us knew that and can play the weapon to it's strengths. As in, working in a team by freezing enemies, slowing enemies and eventually killing them.

I WILL keep using it and ENJOYING it. DE has made a DIFFERENT weapon here and it has all KINDS of cool applications. (See what I did there?)

Ah, never mind. You want EVERY SINGLE weapon to DO THE EXACT SAME THINGS. Only be more powerful with each new iteration.

I get it.

Sorry that I enjoy freezing things with the Glaxion. Um... actually, no I am not.

Your opinion is yours. My opinion is mine.

In MY opinion, it was never INTENDED as a damage dealing weapon. It is a CROWD CONTROL weapon. It was never going to outdamage the Boltor Prime or Ogris like some of you wanted. SOME of us knew that and can play the weapon to it's strengths. As in, working in a team by freezing enemies, slowing enemies and eventually killing them.

I WILL keep using it and ENJOYING it. DE has made a DIFFERENT weapon here and it has all KINDS of cool applications. (See what I did there?)

Yeah- no.

I also think it was supposed to be a CC weapon, not damage, but it didn't work out either way. They should change something. Perhaps, make an enemy explode and emit an effect that freezes other enemies in a small radius around him, like an underpowered Avalanche?

Well anyway, this is one of the best looking weapons in Warframe at the moment and I'm just sad to see it's not really useful.

I also think it was supposed to be a CC weapon, not damage, but it didn't work out either way. They should change something. Perhaps, make an enemy explode and emit an effect that freezes other enemies in a small radius around him, like an underpowered Avalanche?

Well anyway, this is one of the best looking weapons in Warframe at the moment and I'm just sad to see it's not really useful.

Well... Nukor does that already. (Actually, the target explodes and does radiation damage in a small AOE) So... you want the same for Glaxion?

Whatever.

No imagination these days. None...

Edited by Kalenath

Well... Nukor does that already. (Actually, the target explodes and does radiation damage in a small AOE) So... you want the same for Glaxion?

Whatever.

Is going to take 5 days to test it so how about innate cold damage with 100% satus chance to proc cold even if removed by other elemental mods ? that perk is really rare only acrid and castanas have it.

Whatever.

I didn't really know what Nukor did because I didn't build it or read up on it.

No cares given. None...

At least Nukor sounds fun.

I personally like Glaxion's "horrible" ammo economy which is fairly sustainable thanks to it's big magazine and reserve ammo, but I do agree that it completely lacks in power compared to almost any other held weapon. It could use more CC like status chance, becoming maybe a bit of a CC Amprex or something. Sadly, Amprex takes crown in both Proc chance/CC (Amprex spreads onto multiple targets and deal proc in a range) and Crit chance+DPS.

I'm a big fan of Glaxion and it doesn't feel nor perform badly, it's just entirely outclassed by a lot and has no redeeming values above that of an after-Amprex downgrade. I hope it gets a bit of a buff, else; eh, only one walking around with that popsicle gun swag right?