Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Have Pc Players Officially Been Given The Shaft? (Console-Centric Ui)

Nomad76

So, you're complaining because it takes max 2 seconds to get from one end to the other, and that the menu is wobbly? I don't think that makes it garbage. It may be in your opinion, but you shouldn't state that like it's fact. I personally think that the extra second or two is worth the amazing look and feel you get with this one vs the old.

Yes, instead of one click i have to run over Liset to get something. If something looks great, doesnt mean that is great.

But it seems that only looks can make people like something.

Yes, instead of one click i have to run over Liset to get something. If something looks great, doesnt mean that is great.

But it seems that only looks can make people like something.

Press Esc.

Everything in one menu.

Instantly teleports you over to thing when you click it.

People who enjoy both get to stick with their preference.

PROBLEM SOLVED BECAUSE IT NEVER EXISTED.

The new UI is terrible.  It's hard to see, I can't find what I'm looking for, it hurts my eyes, and it looks like crap.  The new event was giving me hope that DE is trying to take this game in the right direction again, but then they pull this $&*^ move.

Also I only play on PC but I would reckon that this UI is just a terrible and hard to navigate on consoles as it is on PC so EVERYONE is getting #*($%%@ over on this terrible decision.

Thanks DE, now I have to go see the eye doctor.

Why should I go to the Sony forums? It isn't Sony that's doing it. And bug free is a joke, last I checked there's still a ton of bugs, so that's not a legit reason.

Be lucky I even got the game? Branching out to other consoles is the next logical step when looking to expand your game, that's why others have done it. We are all lucky to have the game at all, DE could have just more made this game, then no-one would be paying it.

Actually if you really read or listened to DE, they have stated multiple times it is Sony's fault for making the update take so long. Grow up lol.

Guest Tehnoobshow

I've seen this said a few times.  I wonder if it's true?  Have they really managed to make a UI that upsets both crowds?

Taking it all with a pinch of salt, I understand how older players could get &!$$ed off at changes.  I myself hated the new UI for about the 10 minutes it took me to get used to it, now I'm used to it, some things are better, some worse, but none of it is game-breakingly dysfunctional, at least not at my "keen amateur" level of play.

It's not game breaking for more experienced players either, but given that some people are screaming bloody murder over the fact that it now takes a whole half a second to walk around your ship to access stuff, despite the fact that they can just as easily use the ESC menu speaks volumes about how desperate some people in this community are to complain about anything other than what they're already used to.

Just so we're clear, it's only the new MOD UI that I have problems with. I'm fine with the other stuff.

Even today I said to my friend over Skype, "People are complaining about the UI changes again," and my friend was like, "Idiots." XD

Those who easily dismiss the opinions of others are the true idiots.

To everyone else: There are pros and cons with both iterations of the UI. If you can't see that then maybe you should open your eyes.

Maybe it's time to show DE that treating us as second class players means they don't get money from us either?

No one is second class. DE cares about all players equally.

Locking this thread down since it has derailed into a PC vs PS4 shtick and isn't really offering objective feedback.

Might I suggest making a UI feedback thread that is a bit more objective in how you'd like to see the UI changed? Here are some suggestions for good feedback setup/premise:

- Assume DE won't be changing the UI in any major ways (and that diegetic UI is here to stay); what can DE do to improve user experience with the UI?

- If you had free creative control over how the UI will be set up, what sort of UI would you have the game use? Assuming player ships are here to stay, how would you mesh the UI with the player ship?

- Find some UIs in other games that you like which you think might work well for Warframe, suggest to the developers that it might be a good idea to incorporate similar elements from other games' UIs.