Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Have Pc Players Officially Been Given The Shaft? (Console-Centric Ui)

Nomad76

I couldn't help but laugh here, a couple of little things and you guys have a giant fit, but when us PS4 players get shorted left and right we don't raise hell about it.

I've seen just as much butthurt about stupid things from both platforms. We all suck.

what people don't seem to understand is that:

If warframe expands to more consoles=more income

more income =more money to invest in warframe.

investing in warframe=new content

and what people dont seem to understand is that we are getting the content first so I don't see the problem.

I love the aesthetic changes behind the UI but yes, the functionality of it is slow and separated no matter what type of control input you're using. It would be much more streamlined if everything could be accessed through a single layout rather than the current arsenal/foundry/mod consoles strewn throughout the ship. Fancy, but cumbersome. The novelty of it wears off.

Edited by TheOmnipotentKiwiStand

Am I the only one here who finds the new UI not that bad?

I second this.

Just gotta get used to it. There's a few things that bug me, not many, but I'll get used to it. At least it's not a massive drastic change like the Liset was.

The majority of people are fine with the UI changes. Even today I said to my friend over Skype, "People are complaining about the UI changes again," and my friend was like, "Idiots." XD

PC player here, I'm not really bothered by the UI changes. I understand colorblind issues and not being able to distinguish mod rarity, which simply means DE needs to add an optional Colorblind Mode that uses safe alternative colors that are only seen client-side... But as for the rest of the usual complaints, I just don't get it. It's not that different from how it was previously.

The biggest thing is that I don't think they were efficient with their use of space. Three rows of horizontal mods isn't enough... There's wasted space up top. They easily could've done 4+ horizontal rows, so that people can see more of what they've got. Those three huge boxes with icons (like the card with the ? on it, for Transmute) just take up too much space, and they're unnecessary. Especially when you go to Fusion, just look at how much empty space is above and below the centered mod. That might be partly why people feel cramped trying to sort through their mods and find stuff.

And mods are huge on the Mission Rewards screen, so scrolling through to see what you got isn't easy anymore.

But the changes certainly weren't gamebreaking, to me.

Personally, I like having most of a mod being hidden until mouseover -- it didn't take me long to learn to remember them by name and I don't need to see all the details all the time. And if it's a new mod I don't recognize, holy crap, I just mouseover it and now I know what it does. I don't get why that part is so upsetting to some people, it doesn't always need to be displayed, and it doesn't take long to do so anyway. It's intended to be more efficient/space-saving (which is why it's ironic, given what I said above about wasted space. One step forward, two steps back.)

Edited by Zhyzak

The previous version of the Mod manager was better. You actually had information given to you rather quickly. It wasn't the best but it is better than what we have now.

Why do people insist on defending DE EVERY time they remove useful information and start to hide it? You ain't helping anyone.

Wtf is so wrong with the new UI?

It seems perfectly functional to me.

For the Mod UI in the mod manager it has these problems.

The brown colored mods name blend in with the mod itself.

All mods on their each color now blend in with each other far too well. So when you look for common or uncommon it's all gonna look the same.

I can't see the bonus of the mod unless I hover over it.

The mod window only support 2 lanes of mod which is just annoying. The previous had 3 lanes.

Capacity is moved to the upper left corner rather than under the Mod table. It's also rather hidden too. Before it was easy to understand how capacity worked.

It is just a mess. Now I'm fine with them giving Rare mod a golden look but don't make the entire mod golden. Just give it a golden frame. The same goes for all of the other mods. I don't want to see Brown colored mods I want to see the mod itself.

I dont like the new UI, not brcause its not shiny, because everything takes longer now, and i hate the console like - "forward forward forward backward backward..." when i can have a FREAKING Button Instead, a giant moving UI i never asked for.

And the new Mod UI i dislike simply because im not a "Name" guy im somebody who remembers visuals and they just took them away, they are still there, but hidden so i cant use them to identify the mod.

Edited by ThaWolfX

I fail to see the trouble with the new UI< even if it is more console friendly, which im not really seeing, its still super good on pc.

don't see what the issue is here, i think people just don't like change or don't understand how games develop.

I feel like more then 75% of the fanbase has never done beta before,

lord knows at least 90 % hasn't done an alpha,

people whine and get butthurt over the smallest of issues as if making game, making it work, look good for its style and play well and all the other aspects is something anyone can do and easily in super fast time.

when the reality is,

the complete and total opposite.

frankly the new Ui is fine,

people who prefer the old UI,

its just taste,

they both worked fine.

like this one more

others don't but both worked just fine.

Erhhh, No they really dont..

its not adjusting to something new, its a matter of useability and effectiveness..

matter of fact is, it now takes longer to navigate and select : Maps/planets, different menus, going from one menu to the next,

and lastly,.. selecting and fitting mods!

Theres no way, the new UI is as fast and effective to navigate and use as the old one..

(takes several more mouse clicks now, how is that as fast as the old system then?)

thats not a matter of personal oppinion, thats an objective fact,

Were here (amongst other things, like enjoying the game) to beta test the game for DE.

Our opinions should matter, regarding the implementation of new UI and gameplay elements.

When allot of players voice their concerns about loss of useability and slowing down navigations in the UI. DE should listen and react to those concerns, not just ignore and pretent that everythings fine,..

Erhhh, No they really dont..

its not adjusting to something new, its a matter of useability and effectiveness..

matter of fact is, it now takes longer to navigate and select : Maps/planets, different menus, going from one menu to the next,

and lastly,.. selecting and fitting mods!

Theres no way, the new UI is as fast and effective to navigate and use as the old one..

(takes several more mouse clicks now, how is that as fast as the old system then?)

thats not a matter of personal oppinion, thats an objective fact,

Were here (amongst other things, like enjoying the game) to beta test the game for DE.

Our opinions should matter, regarding the implementation of new UI and gameplay elements.

When allot of players voice their concerns about loss of useability and slowing down navigations in the UI. DE should listen and react to those concerns, not just ignore and pretent that everythings fine,..

What people are in Beta for is to provide CONSTRUCTIVE feedback. Not rage like little pieces of S#&$.

Which I see most people doing.

Edited by Evanescent

The new UI is bad. Clicks after clicks have been added to do anything. Waste of screen space with huge images, the annoying and unnecessary movement and slant of the menus. Everything takes more time. It's ridiculous and extremely amateur in functionality.

Am I the only one here who finds the new UI not that bad?

I like the ship and all the other things, but the new Mods UI must be improved. 

I like the new mod layout, but first of all is difficult to quickly take a look at all the Mods you have (because they're 'closed'), it's a bit difficult to see the entire collection too (because you have to scroll for the entire desk with your mouse just to be able to reach the end of the page) and, at least, yellow/blue/red colours to show rarity are horrible (also because they ruin the Mods images).  

I've never seen it from something this little. Ours are from bigger things, like waiting over 2 months for a single update, and still being 3 updates behind.

This is as big of an "outcry" as the PS4 players who are demanding Excalibur Prime's statue be removed from vaults and corrupted mod cards. It's silly.

Don't try to act so humble either. Both platforms are equal in the amount of whiners.