Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Had A Nice Concept, But Failed Miserably With Its Execution (Glaxion Feedback)

PeanutMonster

I think we all know what I am talking about, Glaxion. It's the only gun in this game which sucks in every way: DPS wise, ammo efficiency wise and status chance wise. Glaxion is the bastard baby of Grakata and Flux Rifle:

Glaxion in a nutshell:

Grakata's low damage (when crit stats are not taken into account)

Flux Rifle's low crit chance and damage

Big magazines of Flux Rifle

Poor ammo economy of Grakata

Lower status chance than its ''parents'' have

Flux Rifle's limited range

Edited by PeanutMonster

I think we all know what I am talking about, Glaxion. It's the only gun in this game which sucks in every way: DPS wise, ammo efficiency wise and status chance wise. Glaxion is the bastard baby of Grakata and Flux Rifle.

I agree its terrible

Grakata isn't that bad. Its a nice weapon, but no one cares about it because the Soma is basicaly a upgraded Grakata.

This was a problem for a lot of new guns when they first came out. Honestly, I'd prefer they release weak as hell, then get buffed to a state in which they are good, rather then release OP as hell and get a nerf.

Give it time. DE will likely fix it, just like they did for a lot of guns lately.

It's a bit weird and sad that as soon as I watched that 14.5 preview video, and we were shown two continuous beam weapon, I was already convinced the Primary weapon would pale in comparison to the Secondary between the two. The Nukor even has unlimited range and better ammo efficiency together.

I do hope this gets a buff. Doesn't seem to stand really well right now. I think even a larger beam would be good and it might become the first beam weapon with a much larger hitbox by itself.

I think we all know what I am talking about, Glaxion. It's the only gun in this game which sucks in every way: DPS wise, ammo efficiency wise and status chance wise. Glaxion is the bastard baby of Grakata and Flux Rifle:

Glaxion in a nutshell:

Glaxion in a nutshell:

You read my mind, take mk1 braton and you will perform better, for those status mans, you can get better status with plenty of other guns wich have not only status but damage and alot of ammo, this gun dont have utility only animation, with this piece of "art" you not helping team, its so bad, wasted 4 formas and its still suuuuux in all ways! After others will get this gun there will be so much anti glaxion comments.

Edited by drunkpunk222

This was a problem for a lot of new guns when they first came out. Honestly, I'd prefer they release weak as hell, then get buffed to a state in which they are good, rather then release OP as hell and get a nerf.

Give it time. DE will likely fix it, just like they did for a lot of guns lately.

The problem is that these buffs often take 4-6 months to actually roll around :/

I agree its terrible

Grakata isn't that bad. Its a nice weapon, but no one cares about it because the Soma is basicaly a upgraded Grakata.

Dude.... no.... just no... the soma and grakata are completely different weapons. Grakata is designed to turn into a soma relative to your enemies as you proc there armor to 0, or chop there health in half a thousand times. Completely different guns. Especially when you compare them both with 5 forma.

Dude.... no.... just no... the soma and grakata are completely different weapons. Grakata is designed to turn into a soma relative to your enemies as you proc there armor to 0, or chop there health in half a thousand times. Completely different guns. Especially when you compare them both with 5 forma.

This^

Grakata makes extreme use of ele and dual ele procs

Stun hell,No armor,HP halved or shields cut to nothing

It definitely can stand on its own against the soma

Yeah, but it's a frigging freeze ray. It's BADASS.

Even if it is a below-average weapon (haven't gotten one yet, cos I have to RESEARCH) it definitely wouldn't be the first.

you got it wrong it's the worst weapon existent ingame, no kidding, the glaxion gets stomped by the MK-1 braton performance wise, pretty much a cosmetic weapon

you got it wrong it's the worst weapon existent ingame, no kidding, the glaxion gets stomped by the MK-1 braton performance wise, pretty much a cosmetic weapon

I seriously doubt that

it seems like it has high burst DPS potential with poor sustained DPS from what ive heard and read

I seriously doubt that

it seems like it has high burst DPS potential with poor sustained DPS from what ive heard and read

my mistake, i screwed up the maths, it's not as bad dps wise as it looked out to be  just it's technically unusable, you've got 30s of fire with the full magazine, at this point it isn't even about ammo efficiency (which isn't going to be there. no point in getting a mutation couse it's simply ain't enough ammo in this game to keep this thing firing) it's about the overkill caused by the way sustained damage ticks and the fact that a small fps drop can cost you half a magazine.

All in all after spending some time with warframe builder i've got to say, that's not as bad as the braton but's definitely way sub par than the grakata (you can check, grakata, glaxion, and the glaxion max dps build is absolutely out of question in real play settings).

Simply put the grakata is more ammo efficient, has longer range, has more cc potential, has way more dps and does not suffer from the drawbacks of elemental weapons. now if it's fine for a mr6 weapon that requires amprex research to be unlocked and special materials to be sub par in every single aspect to a mr4 market weapon and a cheap one at that that is also very troublesome to use effectively and gets a lot of flack due to ammo starvation problems? i say it isn't.

Also note that i'm not even comparing it to synape/soma/boltor prime or other mainstream endgame weapons but worse ammo efficiency than the grakata? really? not that the grakata is bad and all weapons must have more dps but it's already walking on the razor's edge with ammo efficiency (and is completely unuseable by some players), do we really need weapons even less ammo efficient?.

Edited by bl4ckhunter

Who says that you should build a glaxion for DPS? Maybe it's supposed to be used as a support weapon. You know, it freezes enemies? :I

Did you even read what I stated in this topic? BOTH Grakata and Flux Rifle have higher status chances than Glaxion. Those BOTH weapons are far more superior in every way compared to Glaxion, including when it comes to freezing enemies.

my mistake, i screwed up the maths, it's not as bad dps wise as it looked out to be  just it's technically unusable, you've got 30s of fire with the full magazine, at this point it isn't even about ammo efficiency (which isn't going to be there. no point in getting a mutation couse it's simply ain't enough ammo in this game to keep this thing firing) it's about the overkill caused by the way sustained damage ticks and the fact that a small fps drop can cost you half a magazine.

All in all after spending some time with warframe builder i've got to say, that's not as bad as the braton but's definitely way sub par than the grakata (you can check, grakataglaxion, and the glaxion max dps build is absolutely out of question in real play settings).

Simply put the grakata is more ammo efficient, has longer range, has more cc potential, has way more dps and does not suffer from the drawbacks of elemental weapons. now if it's fine for a mr6 weapon that requires amprex research to be unlocked and special materials to be sub par in every single aspect to a mr4 market weapon and a cheap one at that that is also very troublesome to use effectively and gets a lot of flack due to ammo starvation problems? i say it isn't.

Also note that i'm not even comparing it to synape/soma/boltor prime or other mainstream endgame weapons but worse ammo efficiency than the grakata? really? not that the grakata is bad and all weapons must have more dps but it's already walking on the razor's edge with ammo efficiency (and is completely unuseable by some players), do we really need weapons even less ammo efficient?.

Let's also remember the fact that anyone can build a Grakata, it requires no mastery rank and the resource requirements to build it are very cheap.

Edited by PeanutMonster