Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Qt + Rage Broken?

Cat_Jam

good riddance

Try being original and not going Valkyr/Loki (prime) with original weapons like Braton Prime, Quanta with an actual melee weapon and not some helicopter rotors... You'll get shredded on Pluto.

The Quick Thinking and Rage immortality combo was fixed long ago.

No- I know that, I mean as it is now, QT and Rage are completely disabled in PvP, so in high level instances when you face everyone with a Reflex Guard on you die in one shot...

I'm generally just annoyed at the fact that even after countless hotfixes and updates DE still hasn't fixed/balanced PvP in any way... they gave a 50% shield damage and 25% damage on HP boost to ALL frames- essentially making Lokis as the vanilla Valkyr and Valkyr the most god-like thing in PvP (god have mercy on your soul if they have Reflex Guard on too).

"Consequences of PvP in a PvE game" is not valid feedback, nor is it constructive. It's simply spam.

Please do not continue to post in such a manner.

It's okay I understand where he's coming from.

But the guy is forgetting that DE can- and have- made balanced PvP death match games...

havent been on my pc account for awhile but... did i hear that right? qt and rage are now stealth nerfed in pvp? that's awesome, though i prefer a reflex guard nerf more.

Yeah they finally fixed it.

Quick Thinking still works in PvP but it's much weaker now. That's awesome.

oh sweet. but is it still worth it to put on and does it still have invulnerability phase?

If the damage is too high like a Vectis and a Marelok, sometimes the Rage+QT is not enough to keep you alive. But with automatic Weapons, you get saved with the 2hp but not for very long. Even without Magnetic Status, you just keep shooting a little bit and the QT user dies fairly quick.

If the damage is too high like a Vectis and a Marelok, sometimes the Rage+QT is not enough to keep you alive. But with automatic Weapons, you get saved with the 2hp but not for very long. Even without Magnetic Status, you just keep shooting a little bit and the QT user dies fairly quick.

would you consider rage and qt to be "fair" to put on now with this change? and is it worse than a redirection or vigor, if you had to pick one or the other? or does it still have a situational use?

would you consider rage and qt to be "fair" to put on now with this change? and is it worse than a redirection or vigor, if you had to pick one or the other? or does it still have a situational use?

Well it can still save you from a shot that would otherwise kill you. But yeah now i wouldn't use it myself, i think it's a waste of mod slot.

I noticed that the mod Rage is not working properly in PvP anymore, so maybe that's all just a bug. Or maybe another band-aid fix, you know, when they don't know how to balance, they just disable the thing in PvP.

Personally, I think they need to return Quick Thinking and Rage back to their former strength and FIX REFLEX GUARD. QT + Rage gives you AT MAX a couple seconds of extra life when someone hits you hard enough. It's fine the way it was. Only problem was people abusing Reflex Guard on top of it, making them almost completely unkillable, cause even with no stamina, they just keep blocking. Fix that? Reflex Guard becomes okay to use again.

Edit: Should clarify, the way Quick Thinking works, is it prevents you from dying as long as you have energy. Ya know what the downside of that is that makes it in its current state useless for PvP? You get hit when you only have 2 health from QT, you get staggered A LOT. That's why it's not overpowered to return it to its former strength. Big downside to surviving.

Edited by Cradicias

Personally, I think they need to return Quick Thinking and Rage back to their former strength and FIX REFLEX GUARD. QT + Rage gives you AT MAX a couple seconds of extra life when someone hits you hard enough. It's fine the way it was. Only problem was people abusing Reflex Guard on top of it, making them almost completely unkillable, cause even with no stamina, they just keep blocking. Fix that? Reflex Guard becomes okay to use again.

Edit: Should clarify, the way Quick Thinking works, is it prevents you from dying as long as you have energy. Ya know what the downside of that is that makes it in its current state useless for PvP? You get hit when you only have 2 health from QT, you get staggered A LOT. That's why it's not overpowered to return it to its former strength. Big downside to surviving.

In my opinion both Quick Thinking and Reflex Guard should not exist at all, i would be happy if they were completely removed from PvP... I am satisfied with the Quick Thinking stealth Nerf, it was the right decision IMO. Quick Thinking used to change the outcome of a battle on "high level" PvP, i'm speaking of seasoned PvP players, really skilled guys that don't miss lot of shots, know the map blindfolded and know their parkour, with fully forma'd gear just for PvP. On that kind of battle, those mods can decide who wins and who loses, i think without those mods (specially Reflex Guard now that QT was nerfed to the ground) the PvP is much more skill based rather than who is using the most OP mod.

Edited by RexSol

I can't fight the Lokis or Valkyrs with Boltor Primes and Dual Ichors anymore because I die in a single hit whereas they can take any amount they want because the Reflex Guard mod still works!?

In my opinion both Quick Thinking and Reflex Guard should not exist at all, i would be happy if they were completely removed from PvP... They change the outcome of a battle. On "high level" PvP, i'm speaking of seasoned PvP players, really skilled guys that don't miss shots, know the map blindfolded, with fully forma'd gear just for PvP. On that kind of battle, those mods can decide who wins and who loses, i think without those mods (specially Reflex Guard) the PvP is much more skill based rather than who is using the most OP mod.

The jokes on you ! quick thinking doesnt work in PvP/Conflicts.

Atte Mag with quick thinking + Rage

Edited by Dasmir

In my opinion both Quick Thinking and Reflex Guard should not exist at all, i would be happy if they were completely removed from PvP... I am satisfied with the Quick Thinking stealth Nerf, it was the right decision IMO. Quick Thinking used to change the outcome of a battle on "high level" PvP, i'm speaking of seasoned PvP players, really skilled guys that don't miss lots shots, know the map blindfolded, with fully forma'd gear just for PvP. On that kind of battle, those mods can decide who wins and who loses, i think without those mods (specially Reflex Guard now that QT was nerfed to the ground) the PvP is much more skill based rather than who is using the most OP mod.

Thing is, Quick Thinking and Rage was the only thing protecting people from the cheapness that is the Penta (or really any other huge area, big damage guns), which I feel is more broken than QT + Rage. One Penta shot takes down a fully power strength based Rhino with Iron Skin up. Again, in its original form, QT + Rage gave you at most, a few seconds extra survival. Not enough to be broken, just enough to save you from cheap tactics and instant deaths.

Edited by Cradicias

Thing is, Quick Thinking and Rage was the only thing protecting people from the cheapness that is the Penta (or really any other huge area, big damage guns), which I feel is more broken than QT + Rage. One Penta shot takes down a fully power strength based Rhino with Iron Skin up. Again, in its original form, QT + Rage gave you at most, a few seconds extra survival. Not enough to be broken, just enough to save you from cheap tactics and instant deaths.

That is another story, i been saying this for a long time, explosive weapons need balancing... And i'm not talking about nerfing the ammo pool. I think their blast radius should be toned down by a couple meters, and solid map objects, such as walls and crates, should stop the damage blast. Yes i agree the Penta, Ogris, etc are too overpowered for PvP. Because of the damage? Eeehhh, but specially because of their giant AoE.

That is another story, i been saying this for a long time, explosive weapons need balancing... And i'm not talking about nerfing the ammo pool. I think their blast radius should be toned down by a couple meters, and solid map objects, such as walls and crates, should stop the damage blast. Yes i agree the Penta, Ogris, etc are too overpowered for PvP. Because of the damage? Eeehhh, but specially because of their giant AoE.

When discussing a PvP environment, it's always important to look at the trends. Let's face it, most people who PvP wanna use the most powerful, cheap-tactic weapons they can find, cause it gets wins. Only way to counter that is to either nerf the offending weapons, or to include countermeasures (such as QT + Rage). Without the countermeasures, overpowered weapons will reign surpreme again, whereas before, I could make someone using a Penta think twice.

you do get staggered, but you are invulnerable during the stagger, which can be abused easily.

When discussing a PvP environment, it's always important to look at the trends. Let's face it, most people who PvP wanna use the most powerful, cheap-tactic weapons they can find, cause it gets wins. Only way to counter that is to either nerf the offending weapons, or to include countermeasures (such as QT + Rage). Without the countermeasures, overpowered weapons will reign surpreme again, whereas before, I could make someone using a Penta think twice.

I see your point, but i believe the PvP is better without any thing that is overpowered.

When fighting people with Penta, Ogris, Angstrum, etc, you just have to keep your distance, and stay on higher ground. It's not a good idea to rush to the energy orb, or try to melee, if you are facing a guy with a Penta. 

Edited by RexSol

Only invulnerable as long as you have energy (which isn't for long when you've been staggered and are still being shot at, thus why it's already balanced).

ive tested it with a gun that could down a plaayer in 5 shots with qt rage on if i fire slowly and wait for the stagger to end. but if i kept rapid firing after i proced qt stagger, i ended up using alot more than 5 shots to kill him, so a bunch of those shots i made didnt even count.

Alright, so i decided to record a straight forward test, to show that Quick Thinking still there. What was nerfed was Rage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0aTuuW4a7E

Was this a band-aid fix or it is a bug? If it's intended, it seems like DE don't know how to deal with QT+Rage combo, and with the fact that blocking used to give you energy, including blocking from Reflex Guard. So they just disabled Rage so they don't have to deal with that. But whatever, i'm not gonna miss any QT user on the Conclaves.