Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

0% Taxes Every Where.

RINGSNOW

If your clan opposes them for w/e reason you are fully in your right. also your opinion of why they placed 0% tax is also valid. But I often wondered myself if a clan or alliance offered 0% credits during the first 48 hours of armistice and only placed taxes on the node after the attack is being deployed if this would be a viable method to both sustain your rail and offer 0%

So I guess I will rephrase this as a question for a hypothetical alliance instead of a current one.

If alliance (Insert alliance name here) won Sechura, and offered 0% crd/res tax for 48 hours during their armistice and changed it to 100% credits the 24 hour period they are being deployed on by an attacker. Would you run during that 24 hour period to support their efforts to keep 0% for 48 hours?

I think the Alliance I'm in sets 0% tax for first 24-48 hours as a courtesy to the people that helped us take the rail, and then add a tax to fund for defense next conflict.

In a perfect world for non-allianced players 0% tax would be the best, but with new PvP that's no longer sustainable because taking a rail is so much harder than defending. Rail's expensive, yo.

Seems like a forced 0% to sell those credit boosters.

I honestly don't think the people behind pvp are smart enough to all go 0% at the same exact time.

This is either a bug, or intentional by the devs.

"Oh look the taxes have been terrible for so long I forgot how nice this zero taxes thing is, better buy a credit booster before something happens!" - Said people 100% guaranteed.

Working like a charm I bet.

Lets make mission completion credit tax 100%
Now then if De would make wave/survival rewards. Play 40 waves to get  500 k credits. That would make people to stay longer and clans would also get credits without people feeling robbed?
People should get more credits staying longer than "repeat first 5 waves" cycle, and feel rewarded for it.
Also forma and fusion core rewards in defense should be "bonus" that you would receive anyway if you continue.

edit: Staying longer should increase credit amount way that doing twice first 20 waves would give less than doing once 40 waves.

I don't even do sechura because credit farming is boring (no i don't have all mods maxed), i just don't feel doing something not so "fun".

Edited by Agullimux

If your clan opposes them for w/e reason you are fully in your right. also your opinion of why they placed 0% tax is also valid. But I often wondered myself if a clan or alliance offered 0% credits during the first 48 hours of armistice and only placed taxes on the node after the attack is being deployed if this would be a viable method to both sustain your rail and offer 0%

So I guess I will rephrase this as a question for a hypothetical alliance instead of a current one.

If alliance (Insert alliance name here) won Sechura, and offered 0% crd/res tax for 48 hours during their armistice and changed it to 100% credits the 24 hour period they are being deployed on by an attacker. Would you run during that 24 hour period to support their efforts to keep 0% for 48 hours?

I think that the first 24hrs after a rail is taken to be 0% would be nice but not needed. I'm not one of those who thinks it should stay 0% as that just doesn't work. I feel that a max of 20% tax rate is a fair thing to say, that allows for a decent income while not completely hammering non alliance players into using just the void for credits. As it stands DS really isn't a viable credit farm even with XP bonuses it's just not worth the time with high tax rates. This play at makeing it 0% on a temporary base is pretty transparent, it doesn't fool anyone (at least I hope) and if people really think it's going to stay that way they're kidding themselves.

The problem isn't just the tax rates, it's that no other alliance has been able to make a dent in the monopoly they've placed on the Dark sectors and that shouldn't be the case. I feel we almost need term limits or something to allow for some sort of competition which is currently nonexistent.

Edited by Echoa

i liked being a part of dark sector conflicts when it was against specters. 

this pvp centric thing irritates me to no end. especially when combined with absolutely cheap tactics (bladestorm spam, mirage + hom + penta)

if you were given a random setup (warframe + weapons + mods) and thrown into the fray. (even weapons you don't possess) i think it would go a LONG way to actually making this a fun mode for me.

either way, i've been boycotting since pvp became the standard.

as for the taxes... anything below 30% is fine, and i'll even tolerate a small resource tax. (and by small i mean less than 10%) but this 25% resource tax combined with 28-30% credit tax means that sechura has been boycotted by me for the last iteration.

(although i usually farm ceres defense for the o.cells anyway)

(although i usually farm ceres defense for the o.cells anyway)

Yeah, I used to like Ceres DSD until the infested AI kept getting them stuck. Sometimes 5 waves goes really quickly, but more often than not you have to run around the map trying to find those last few units. Also, units have a major spawn delay sometimes during a wave. A group of 10-20 infested will come running at you and the next group won't come for another 30 seconds. I hate idle time in this game.

Yeah, I used to like Ceres DSD until the infested AI kept getting them stuck. Sometimes 5 waves goes really quickly, but more often than not you have to run around the map trying to find those last few units. Also, units have a major spawn delay sometimes during a wave. A group of 10-20 infested will come running at you and the next group won't come for another 30 seconds. I hate idle time in this game.

yup, but almost all defense maps have a few sticky points. ceres has... 5 that i know of.

People still go with this "DS taxes" stuff? Even if taxes go 100 % i wont care, as i only need xp from DS and Void is better credit farm anyway.

What is bothering me is that some alliances are using $&*^ moves and placing material taxes. Thats just uneccessary.

I bet the Alliances involved maxed their vaults. Now that they have what they want now everyone can have their taxes down to 0% from the original 25%-75%. It makes no sense to keep high taxes after that. It would just &!$$ everyone off. 

This helps them out in several ways.

By claiming 0% taxes after having very high originally by all alliances involved, they can block for each other. Not only do all the alliances now have maxed vaults to fend off attackers, they have each other. They can also rally the general public by saying something like "These guys are attacking us; if we charge you taxes, it is because of them". It puts the blame off of them and onto the attacking side.

It's really an evil genius sort of thing. After all, the alliances know that the public will forget all about their previous taxes. If only the public would remember that they put themselves first. 

"We should often be ashamed of our very best actions, if the world only saw the motives that caused them". -La Rochefoucauld

Edited by thatdamnlobster

It's really an evil genius sort of thing. 

when you say Evil Genius. what kind do you mean?

Doctor Doom

Lex Luthor

Doctor Evil

Cartman from South Park

The Brain from Pinky and the Brain

Syndrome from The Incredibles

The Monarch from Venture Brothers

Wile E. Coyote

While the move itself is interesting, ill admit i didnt predict that.

However, during the journey to your "accomplishment", the process itself has helped kill whatever interest was left in the dark sectors. By no means am i suggesting it is the only reason, but while you were busy burning down the system, less and less people were staying involved.

You spent the day kicking over everybody's sand castle so you had room to build your own giant creation. But by the time you finished, all the other kids have gone home, and nobody cares.

Set it at 0% or set it at 100%. Does it matter anymore?

While the move itself is interesting, ill admit i didnt predict that.

However, during the journey to your "accomplishment", the process itself has helped kill whatever interest was left in the dark sectors. By no means am i suggesting it is the only reason, but while you were busy burning down the system, less and less people were staying involved.

You spent the day kicking over everybody's sand castle so you had room to build your own giant creation. But by the time you finished, all the other kids have gone home, and nobody cares.

Set it at 0% or set it at 100%. Does it matter anymore?

Obviously it does. DS don't matter. Yet there are constant threads about it. We can all pretend to ignore it. That doesn't work. 

All these guys are having fun and laughing. I'm just here playing Street Fighter and waiting for class to start.

Obviously it does. DS don't matter. Yet there are constant threads about it. We can all pretend to ignore it. That doesn't work. 

All these guys are having fun and laughing. I'm just here playing Street Fighter and waiting for class to start.

I disagree. The threads about DS have largely dropped off. Ive watched the numbers of the public even fighting for the rails with +100k battle pay. I see all kinds of players who barely even play warframe anymore. The numbers dont lie.

Of course there will always be the dedicated group of people who want to make a difference, but the dark sectors are dead.

I disagree. The threads about DS have largely dropped off. Ive watched the numbers of the public even fighting for the rails with +100k battle pay. I see all kinds of players who barely even play warframe anymore. The numbers dont lie.

Of course there will always be the dedicated group of people who want to make a difference, but the dark sectors are dead.

I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

I feel DS have been more interesting than they have ever been. The weaker clans are out and only those with the dedication to hold rails have nodes. Isn't that how it was eventually going to turn out? I'm not going to let a weak clan defend an area when I can do it better myself.

I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

I feel DS have been more interesting than they have ever been. The weaker clans are out and only those with the dedication to hold rails have nodes. Isn't that how it was eventually going to turn out? I'm not going to let a weak clan defend an area when I can do it better myself.

Its not that the clans that are out are weak. A lot of them just dont have an interest in participating. For example there are alliances out there that can take any node at any time. Nobody can defend a rail if an attacker truly wants to take it. So you get a repetitive circle of dancing on a node. people are bored of that. The idea of "defense" is non-existant.

Its not that the clans that are out are weak. A lot of them just dont have an interest in participating. For example there are alliances out there that can take any node at any time. Nobody can defend a rail if an attacker truly wants to take it. So you get a repetitive circle of dancing on a node. people are bored of that. The idea of "defense" is non-existant.

So much alliance could take those nodes, it's just that they don't care at all. They leave the pointless things to the others. Before Dark Sectors i never heard of any of the clans who are ''controling'' them right now.