Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amprex: Status Or Damage?

Cryozar

Question

So I finally got around to building the Amprex and was wondering whether it'd be better to build it for raw damage or to increase the status chance (assuming that 3 event mods are gathered for use)

Edit: after adding point strike and vital sense ofc

Edited by FormlessDread

15 answers to this question

with how it chains to other enemies, would shred really be that beneficial? I'm also curious as to why your build doesn't include heavy calibur

To be honest, I simply forgot about Heavy Cal. Shred is great for hitting enemies like shield Grineer, or anyone ducking down, but also adds to the AoE nature of the gun. Some might not like it because it drains ammo, but it just requires more trigger discipline.

The revised build would be

Serration

Split Chamber

Point Strike

Vital Sense

Heavy Calibur

Shred (or Elemental)

Ammo Mutation (or Elemental)

Optional Spot

my amprex has 149% crit chance with point strike & critical delay

with maxed critical delay, how badly would amprex's other stats be affected (specifically curious about status chance per second)?

Serration

Split Chamber

Point Strike

Vital Sense

Shred

Optional Elemental

Optional Elemental

Utility or Elemental

with how it chains to other enemies, would shred really be that beneficial?  I'm also curious as to why your build doesn't include heavy calibur

Edited by FormlessDread

definitely use heavy caliber if u have it. Also, use metal auger instead of shred. Faster fire rate sucks bad with its already high ammo consumption.  Also, crit delay is another option  (more red crits :O---  )   it will also "slow" the ammo consumption too making semi-auto firing more efficient.

with maxed critical delay, how badly would amprex's other stats be affected (specifically curious about status chance per second)?

I don't use any status chance mods on mine so it's only 20% status/sec. I use crit delay because it wastes ammo like crazy but Rifle Ammo Mutation is another option. This is my build

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Amprex/t_30_22302203_132-1-5-133-2-5-137-0-10-140-5-5-141-3-5-146-7-5-150-4-10-159-6-5_137-7-132-8-133-6-141-11-150-8-140-5-159-9-146-5/en/2-0-47/22952/0

definitely use heavy caliber if u have it. Also, use metal auger instead of shred. Faster fire rate sucks bad with its already high ammo consumption.  Also, crit delay is another option  (more red crits :O---  )   it will also "slow" the ammo consumption too making semi-auto firing more efficient.

Is the punchthrough just to get to targets behind cover or am i missing something?

Crit damage and CC, imo. You can fit both, but I don't really think the Amprex has room for any QoL mods, despite how useful a Rifle Ammo Mutation might be.

My build is as follows:

Serration

Heavy Caliber

Split Chamber

Point Strike

Vital Sense

Event Mod #1

Event Mod #2

Event Mod #3

The three event mods are more beneficial than Hammer Shot, while doing nicely for the Amprex's damage and stat chance. For me, three elements is the best number for its innate Electricity, so that you can mix it up for every faction-- for Void and Grineer (without Corrosive Projection), Having Heat + Cold + Toxic gives you a solid Blast base and an excellent status chance with the right mods. Otherwise, you can use Viral + Radiation for a group Chaos-like effect and Viral proc, or Blast + Electricity to keep enemies completely stunned. Gas + Electric is my go-to combination for the Infested and Corpus, since the AoE procs from Gas can deal long-term residual damage, while the Electric procs can keep the enemies stunned for the duration of the Toxin DoT.

I see...thanks for the insight everyone. I'll probably try some punchthrough with it while using event mods and see how it goes. As for ammo, I'll probably just use an ammo restore instead of an ammo mutation mod...not like i have to drop 2+ at a time to refill its ammo