Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Quest) Fate Of The Stalker

[DE]Momaw

A notion for a new quest line which could be added.

Mission 1

"Who?"

Prerequisite: Must have been attacked by the Stalker at least once.

Mission outline: Investigate the last known position of a Tenno cell which has failed to complete their mission.  You find the Tenno dismembered and stacked neatly in front of a shrine of sorts, which Stalker has built.  Lotus will reveal a cutscene which shows the events described in Stalker's lore, i.e. the betrayal at the celebration of the end of the war against the Sentients.

Reward: Survivor's badge.

Mission 2

"Flight"

Prerequisite: Must have built and mastered 1 piece of Stalker's signature equipment.

Mission Outline: Lotus is able to extract information from the piece of equipment. She sends you on a mission to investigate an orokin derelict where she suspects the Stalker retreated after the betrayal.  Your objective is to reach Stalker's hideout and retrieve a data device which turns out to be his journal.

Reward: Codex entry describing Stalker's first days of escape and survival after the betrayal.

Mission 3

"Purpose"

Prerequisite: Must have built and mastered 2 pieces of Stalker's signature equipment,  100K credits.

Mission Outline: Lotus extracts information from your new equipment. She sends you to a black market information dealer on a Corpus outpost to learn about Stalker's actions after he resurfaced. Initially there are no enemies until you reach the dealer, at which point he betrays you because of your value as a prisoner/test subject. Your objective is then to perform a single-terminal Mobile Defense scenario against the Corpus, and get to exctraction.

Reward: Codex entry describing Stalker's coming out of hiding after the Tenno had begun going into cryo sleep, being stunned by the totality of the genocide, and his decision to hunt the Tenno as vengeance.  (100K credits refunded)

Mission 4

"The Stalker"

Prerequisite: Must have built and mastered all 3 pieces of Stalker's signature equipment, mastery level 8, solo mode only

Mission Outline: Lotus has determined where Stalker's home base of operations is, and sends you to take him out.  This mission is absolutely FULL of traps of all kinds, from all factions, tossed into one big pile of death.  Door scanners, laser gates, gun turrets, arc traps, ice traps, orokin laser traps, the works.  At the conclusion, you have a duel with the Stalker himself. Upon victory, you can choose to execute him, or spare him.

Rewards:

(Execution)

* Stalker will never, EVER spawn for you.  He may show up hunting other players on your team, but your personal Stalker is dead permanently.

* Reskin options for Stalker's gear, making them less sinister and more Orokin-ish.

* Codex entry, from Stalker's journal where he sadly questions whether his mission of vengeance can ever be completed and wonders if his story has run its course.

(Mercy)

* If Stalker attacks you, you can be knocked down but he will never instadeath you.

* Mercy ornaments. A beautiful, graceful syandana and shoulder decorations in Orokin white and gold.

* Codex entry, a communication from Stalker in his new hideout.  He is confused about your actions and wonders why you don't kill him, before admitting that it's possible the Tenno may be a changed people now that they have lost their memories. He warns you that he cannot stop his hunt, but as you show signs of becoming a new person, he will show leniency if your paths cross

(Both)

* New weapon granted: Guardian's Lance. A ceremonial weapon like those carried by the Guardians at the great betrayal.
* Stalker's Heritage color picker: Black, red, white, gold, and related flavors.

The one thing I don't like here is that the stalker will never spawn again for you. If you are a solo player and you start this quest accidentally before you get all of his gear, you basically screw yourself. 

EDIT: Never mind me, I didn't see the pre-rec about needing to have mastered all of the Stalker's equipment. Whoops!

Edited by Imaru12

i dont think they can make it to halloween, or can they? anyway, i've been thinking about a stalker quest since the first time i read the codex entry. i think i have some posts about that somewhere. all in all i like your proposal. i'd only add some twist and more info related to the great betrayal.

edit: too many letters haha

Edited by locojuan

This is pretty good, but my only complaint is that it's almost TOO revealing. The bombs in this quest are INSANE! I feel like it leaves too little to the imagination, and while it's nice to have a lot of resolution to the lore, it's also nice to have some mystery surrounding the universe. That's just personal preference though, so don't feel like I'm telling you the idea sucks.

Edited by StallordD

I like this. This game needs more lore and epic boss battles.

The conclusion for the end quest may actually be a good thing. You get to make a game changing choice, but it does not allow for it to happen without getting all his gear, so you don't miss out on anything. At the same time, it does not hinder anyone around you which is good.

Also, more lore. More lore = yes.

• 4 months later...

I think it, but I don't think we should have the Lotus telling us do this, but rather we do our own investigation or have someone else assist us(Obvious reasons)

The stalker is a tenno ein't he? Tenno energy beings, barely human and loves staying inside a metal suite(warframe), can you destroy this energy being? Like we die a lot, right xD.

you can kill tenno, so stalker however evasive should therefore be mortal aswell.  and I love this! 10/10 would quest. maybe if you choose mercy you get dialogue or a codex entry about stalker regretting his betrayal and he says something along the lines of maybe in another life things could've been different and he vanishes with i'll be watching... something to show that stalkers not just a machine and maybe some hope at potential redemption.