Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glaxion Has Not Been Fixed; Its Fundamentals Are Broken.

PaxEthenica

If you ask me, "What's wrong with the Glaxion," I'll put a poop-eating grin on my face and tell you what isn't wrong with the Glaxion. The Glaxion's critical hit chance, and how pretty the frozen effect is on a kill is not what's wrong with the Glaxion. The Glaxion's primary, and lingering problem is the ammo efficiency, and the ammo maximum in relation to that efficiency. Now, for both those of you who've never used this trainwreck of a gun, and for those who have (even it's misguided defenders) I'm going to be as slow and simple as possible.

It doesn't work WELL.

You'll notice, I hope, the abundance of emphasis on the word 'well' in that sentence. The Glaxion works; it kills things; it's certainly a beam weapon like other beam weapons, but it doesn't work WELL. On some fundamental level, when working with other mechanics in the game, it falters, and might even start to piddle all over itself in many, MANY situations.

Now, I'm sure that someone thought (and that some still do for unfathomable reasons) that having a gun in the primary slot with a 300-count magazine, supported by a 1500-count maximum was cool. It's not. Not when ammo drops give 20 default, and 30 with a Rifle Scavenger Aura mod, one of the most useless auras in the entire game, barring Physique. Ammo Mutation gives only 10-5, or 15-7 with max in a useless friggin' aura wasting your precious aura slot. So, what this means is, to completely get back a full clip of the Glaxion, you must pick up 15-10 rifle pickups, or 30-20 mutations... and that each time you reload, you kill about 40 enemies per clip and they ALL drop ammo. That's right, they need to ALL drop ammo, no energy, no health, no resources, no mods. Only ammo for you to feed into the ravenous hosebeast you chose to plunk a Forma into, because you're an idiot with a stupid gun.

The Glaxion is beautiful, but it's broken on such a fundamental level that I am forced to question the intelligence of the person who thought up its fundamentally broken mechanics, and the ethics of the person who both okay'd these mechanics, and then decided to make it a clan weapon. What I'm trying to say is that the Glaxion is a purebred dog, and that anyone who defends the breeders should be ashamed of themselves when it turns out that it has heart murmurs, hip displasia, and a skull too small for its brain that condemns it to a life of constant, inescapable pain.

Y'knoe, like genetically deteriorating Kubrows. You monsters. >=(

Edited by PaxEthenica

I think they might have meant to make it pick up more ammo, Maybe they forgot to make it so it picks up the right amout of ammo. I havent gotten it to high enough rank to be able to do anything with it.

the genetic deteriorating in kubrows literally just means feeding it. Just in fancy words.

not every weapon has to work WELL. sure it's beautiful, but a lot of weapons are beautiful yet mediocre in battle. Glaxion is just one of them.

True that. The Latron, Lanka, Vulkar, and Sybaris come immediately to mind. I mean, the Sybaris in particular is just a baffling weapon that I honestly have no idea who it was made for 'cept idiots.

"I'm a Tenno, my purpose in life is to fight in places where I am outnumbered dozens-to-one. Y'know what I need? A GUN THAT BURST-FIRES TWO BULLETS AND ONLY HAS 10 ROUNDS PER RELOAD. That's what I need. I need it all the time. Give that to me now. I'm a moron."

This could be fixed simply by reducing the max ammo, ammo consumption rate, and magazine size. I like how the gun looks and the way it slows enemies (a very helpful thing in boss fights) but I really can't use it for much if I don't have a really strong sidearm to basically use as my primary.

True that. The Latron, Lanka, Vulkar, and Sybaris come immediately to mind. I mean, the Sybaris in particular is just a baffling weapon that I honestly have no idea who it was made for 'cept idiots.

"I'm a Tenno, my purpose in life is to fight in places where I am outnumbered dozens-to-one. Y'know what I need? A GUN THAT BURST-FIRES TWO BULLETS AND ONLY HAS 10 ROUNDS PER RELOAD. That's what I need. I need it all the time. Give that to me now. I'm a moron."

i mean, with the recent buff, glaxion is an average weapon now. if u run out of ammo, which is quite normal, switch to your secondary or melee.

and i dont really agree with your comments on Sybaris. it's a pretty decent primary weapon.

Hey! Don't you S#&$ on my favourite gun! THe glaxion you may be right on, but my Sybaris kicks &#! and I've gone 50+ mins on T4 with it. I've never faced the problem of being outnumbered, because there are certain tricks with its mechanism you only figure out after a lot of practice and love.

Don't you S#&amp;&#036; on my Sybaris! D:<

not every weapon has to work WELL. sure it's beautiful, but a lot of weapons are beautiful yet mediocre in battle. Glaxion is just one of them.

When the weapon has been hyped up for the past five months through concept art and fans of the weapon on the forums, and it releases as a clantech weapon whose aesthetics obviously had a lot of lavish care put into them, and then weapon itself actually sucks a big turd, then yes, players will be disappointed.

Commas.

Also, it should have

- Increased damage (doesn't need to be a crit god like the Synapse/Amprex)

- An AoE slow effect that turns into a freeze before the enemies actually die on hit

- More ammo per pickup

You can't polish a turd, but you can freeze dry it and send it back to the players telling them that the weapon's been fixed. Let's not make that mistake again.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

When the weapon has been hyped up for the past five months through concept art and fans of the weapon on the forums, and then it releases as a clantech weapon whose aesthetics obviously had a lot of lavish care put into them, and then weapon itself actually sucks a big turd, then yes, players will be disappointed.

When the weapon has been hyped up for the past five months through concept art and fans of the weapon on the forums, and then it releases as a clantech weapon whose aesthetics obviously had a lot of lavish care put into them, and then weapon itself actually sucks a big turd, then yes, players will be disappointed.

i'm disappointed too, but i can accept its current state. what i really want is not more dps or better ammo efficiency. i want it proc cold effect by default.

* New Weapon - GLAXION

"Fires a photom beam that halts molecular vibrations, causing instant and painful freezing."

so... i'm not seeing the instant and the only pain i've seen is to my poor ammo pouch.

this weapon really is a gimmick. it's almost a slap in the face to all the players that have been requesting a freeze ray. I think i started seeing requests for it when i started playing. (a year ago)

given the requirements to make this sucker, you'd think it would be at least useful. but i wouldn't bother taking this lackluster monstrosity into anything above level 20. it's just a waste of a perfectly good primary slot.

even the guy above with the 5 forma glaxion.. i just ran the numbers up on warframe builder.

7.2k sustained & 8.3k burst dps w/ 52.9% status chance. 

i'll run a flux rifle over that any day of the week. 

(i know, old numbers not the new ones after the hotfix, but they won't be *that* much different, just better ammo consumption)

meh, i can deal with the occasional crappy weapon, but this is just really beyond the pale.

2v9EPP2.png

I'ma just leave this here.

...   I don't get it.  Why are you using Fast Hands on a weapon that has a 1.5 second reload time, and why AREN'T you using Ammo Mutation on a weapon that eats 20 rounds a second?

At least this guy wasn't dumb enough to put a D-pol on it. I mean, sure, he spent 5 Forma on the weapon, and then burned hours and hours leveling it up 6 times only to neglect one of the most important flaws in the Glaxion, but at least he didn't waste a Forma on a D-pol!

You sir, are a precious thing.

Edited by PaxEthenica

At least this guy wasn't dumb enough to put a D-pol on it. I mean, sure, he spent 5 Forma on the weapon, and then burned hours and hours leveling it up 6 times only to neglect one of the most important flaws in the Glaxion, but at least he didn't waste a Forma on a D-pol!

You sir, are a precious thing.

I have 0 issues with ammo. You just don't hold down the gun. Since the hotfix today it's had no ammo issues.(with me)

DvfYqmu.png

Happy guys? The way I forma'd I can have pretty much any setup I want.

Edited by Cookedtoast

* New Weapon - GLAXION

"Fires a photom beam that halts molecular vibrations, causing instant and painful freezing."

so... i'm not seeing the instant and the only pain i've seen is to my poor ammo pouch.

this weapon really is a gimmick. it's almost a slap in the face to all the players that have been requesting a freeze ray. I think i started seeing requests for it when i started playing. (a year ago)

given the requirements to make this sucker, you'd think it would be at least useful. but i wouldn't bother taking this lackluster monstrosity into anything above level 20. it's just a waste of a perfectly good primary slot.

even the guy above with the 5 forma glaxion.. i just ran the numbers up on warframe builder.

7.2k sustained & 8.3k burst dps w/ 52.9% status chance. 

i'll run a flux rifle over that any day of the week. 

(i know, old numbers not the new ones after the hotfix, but they won't be *that* much different, just better ammo consumption)

Is that counting the effect of viral?

If they did make it a instant freeze I would enjoy it a lot more.

Nice but.... glaxion still terrible so :/ i feel sad for you to put 5 forma

I forma a bunch of stuff. It's easy to get forma and lvling is just as easy.

m5Ujgep.png

On-topic: Really either a  insta-freeze or when an enemy dies the ice explodes hitting enemies around them to slow them.

Edited by Cookedtoast

Is that counting the effect of viral?

If they did make it a instant freeze I would enjoy it a lot more.

no, not beyond the status chance, which is rather low as status weapons go. (fairly high otherwise)

i will say this, i'd use the absolute crap out of that if it had a chance to insta-freeze. (as is stated BY DE THEMSELVES!)

Edited by xethier