Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Language Officially Deciphered! Find More Text Examples!

StallordD

Are you sure Lotus' name spells Yorpram? Yaprak is Turkish for Leaf and is a common feminine name, and its spelled similarly.

Positive. The little dot (from left to right) is Y, the circle is O, the sideways V shaped symbol is R, the long swirling symbol with the diamond in the center is P, another R, and then the S shaped symbol is A. After that, the following swoop MIGHT be an M, but I'm not sure it's part of the word or not.

Positive. The little dot (from left to right) is Y, the circle is O, the sideways V shaped symbol is R, the long swirling symbol with the diamond in the center is P, another R, and then the S shaped symbol is A. After that, the following swoop MIGHT be an M, but I'm not sure it's part of the word or not.

Maybe the Lotus was an A.I. drug rep for Orokin Pharmaceuticals, and she was pushing their hottest new drug, "Yorpram..." In most cases, it can help stem the progress of the Technocyte infection! Common side effects of Yorpram include nervousness, agitation, anxiety, insomnia, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, palpitations, headache, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, and psychosis. Slightly less common side effects include severe or life-threatening skin rashes, heart attack, liver and kidney failure, and death.

Edited by CedarDpg

The way the vowels are oriented remind me a lot of the elven languages of Lord of the Rings. There are actually two ways that the elves write their language. They position the letters so that either the succeeding or preceeding vowels appear on top of the of the consonant before or after it.

The link- http://www.starchamber.com/paracelsus/elvish/elvish-in-ten-minutes.html

It'd be interesting to see if DE ever says anything about the writing system, since in some areas it appears to be inconsistent or differently styled. It's a beautiful language in any case, at least for calligraphy. Who knows what Tenno-language chatrooms would look like?

(and hey here's my first few attempts at writing - http://i.imgur.com/eN76zTH.jpg, then http://puu.sh/bnWfU.png and http://puu.sh/bnXlQ.png after OP kindly walked me through a few pointers :3)

The stuff below the Lotus symbol most likely reads "WARFRAM" instead of "YORPRAM".

That was considered, but the runes definitely at least seem to say "YORPRAM". Perhaps it's a continuity error?

It was mentioned that the Tenno seem to write with very broken English, so maybe its the Romanized version of their accent.

That was considered, but the runes definitely at least seem to say "YORPRAM". Perhaps it's a continuity error?

The stuff below the Lotus symbol most likely reads "WARFRAM" instead of "YORPRAM".

It was mentioned that the Tenno seem to write with very broken English, so maybe its the Romanized version of their accent.

Actually jwapplephobia may be correct, according to this picture:

71vOijT.jpg

Notice the difference between "F" and "P"?

Edited by Tengu147

Actually, I wonder what the handwritten versions of the different alphabets would look like. The Tenno one looks more suited for calligraphy, though handwritten could be very similar. The Corpus one I'd imagine would look similar to handwritten Cyrillic. The Grineer alphabet looks very unfriendly to handwrite out...so I'd bet it'd look a bit different.

The Tenno language is easy. Here it is : "..."

If you think about it, the only things Tenno really vocalize are screams and roars. Not too fitting for an Orokin product, unless they just forgot how to speak somewhere along the way.

Actually, I wonder what the handwritten versions of the different alphabets would look like. The Tenno one looks more suited for calligraphy, though handwritten could be very similar.

http://i.imgur.com/ms2Hddp.png I personally like how this language is written, so I've recently had a few attempts at handwriting. I know I can improve a LOT, though.

Edited by EmeliaK

If you think about it, the only things Tenno really vocalize are screams and roars. Not too fitting for an Orokin product, unless they just forgot how to speak somewhere along the way.

http://i.imgur.com/ms2Hddp.png I personally like how this language is written, so I've recently had a few attempts at handwriting. I know I can improve a LOT, though.

The captives are Tenno though I believe, and they speak English well enough. "Thank the stars! Took you long enough." or whatever that chick says that makes me want to smack her. :)

Cool, nice to see you attempting to write it. Still though, the typographic versus handwritten still could be somewhat different on the Tenno alphabet. Often in alphabets that are sort of complicated they add shortcuts to make it easier/faster to handwrite.

- The Tenno speak in VERY broken English. Many words are horribly mis-spelled, and are esssentially shortened words.

- The writing orientation changes wildly. Due to how the textures work (im assuming) the orientation of the symbols can be in many forms. However! I believe that it is still read when oriented from top left to bottom right. In this form, reading is typically left to right, however, again due to how textures work, some times reading right to left is necessary. This topic is up to debate.

- VOWELS ARE THE SMALL FLOATING SYMBOLS ELEVATED ABOVE REGULAR RUNES.

- The Lotus' true name is YORPRAM? Well, we aren't so sure on what this means, but that is what the symbols below the lotus symbol represent.

you said they speak in very bad english and shortened language...Lotus' name as you deciphered is YORPRAM.For me it might mean as either of these 3:You are Program/You are a Program,Your Program(since there is a speculation that she is an A.I. that might be hard wired to our heads to create something like a cloud data storage that manages the informations we gather and shares useful ones with other warframe's minds),or it is You are programmed(a speculation that we,as the Tenno payed a price for the Orokin to let us have these frames built on us.Maybe the Lotus is a real living/robo-orokin-human tribreed,or just some humaniod hybrid who is assigned and blessed with immortality by orokin technology,such as how Vor is immortal due to it,and her purpose is to guide us,and the orokin gave power to Lotus of control over us and programs us,and the very sound of his name to our minds would be instant obedience since it is kinda a command or hint "You are programmed" to do something such as prevent a war,or an uprising of a more dominant power,or just to keep the balance.Maybe the orokin never foresaw that the way they made our motto of balance,would be their end also as they are a race who also committed to war against sentients,so the programming/our code of ethics of balance saw the orokin as a hostile candidate for greed and power so our reasoning saw them as a target for extermination since they are capable and have show interest in controlling the solar system.Maybe stalker's village is also waging war against another place or the orokin themselves which lead for the Tenno to stop them from being able to do war,in short,decapitate them from obtaining power to keep the balance and peace,maybe the Tenno also saw the orokin that way,that they are too powerful and has a proven tendency with their war against the sentients to invade the whole system.So from my point of view,the Tenno always goes for balance on both sides,even though it might look like they just use their massive power over the others to conquer the solar system,it is erased by the fact that after they saw there are no more wars in the solar system since the super powers--orokin and sentients,were already eradicated by the mercy of their swords and guns,they slept.And during the time they are sleeping there were no wars waging,until a conflict arose.By then,the Lotus which is always watching from somewhere awaken us to shut down these new super powers of the new age to bring peace to this solar system,and once we are done grinding,farming,and spending plat just to get those stances and parts,we would gladly sleep again for a thousand years...or more.).Well,that's a lot I wrote there.
Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Fixed text

you said they speak in very bad english and shortened language...Lotus' name as you deciphered is YORPRAM.For me it might mean as either of these 3:You are Program/You are a Program,Your Program(since there is a speculation that she is an A.I. that might be hard wired to our heads to create something like a cloud data storage that manages the informations we gather and shares useful ones with other warframe's minds),or it is You are programmed(a speculation that we,as the Tenno payed a price for the Orokin to let us have these frames built on us.Maybe the Lotus is a real living/robo-orokin-human tribreed,or just some humaniod hybrid who is assigned and blessed with immortality by orokin technology,such as how Vor is immortal due to it,and her purpose is to guide us,and the orokin gave power to Lotus of control over us and programs us,and the very sound of his name to our minds would be instant obedience since it is kinda a command or hint "You are programmed" to do something such as prevent a war,or an uprising of a more dominant power,or just to keep the balance.Maybe the orokin never foresaw that the way they made our motto of balance,would be their end also as they are a race who also committed to war against sentients,so the programming/our code of ethics of balance saw the orokin as a hostile candidate for greed and power so our reasoning saw them as a target for extermination since they are capable and have show interest in controlling the solar system.Maybe stalker's village is also waging war against another place or the orokin themselves which lead for the Tenno to stop them from being able to do war,in short,decapitate them from obtaining power to keep the balance and peace,maybe the Tenno also saw the orokin that way,that they are too powerful and has a proven tendency with their war against the sentients to invade the whole system.So from my point of view,the Tenno always goes for balance on both sides,even though it might look like they just use their massive power over the others to conquer the solar system,it is erased by the fact that after they saw there are no more wars in the solar system since the super powers--orokin and sentients,were already eradicated by the mercy of their swords and guns,they slept.And during the time they are sleeping there were no wars waging,until a conflict arose.By then,the Lotus which is always watching from somewhere awaken us to shut down these new super powers of the new age to bring peace to this solar system,and once we are done grinding,farming,and spending plat just to get those stances and parts,we would gladly sleep again for a thousand years...or more.).Well,that's a lot I wrote there.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Fixed text

wow.. this is very interesting :D

okay, so far, sorta...

http://i.imgur.com/penMqBc.jpg - Evolysim. Again with the "wuh" and maybe, just maybe, the S with a tiny vertical dash can be read as "Sh": Evolwushim... Evolution. (as a mere mortal, the tiny letters reads like "void", but not anymore! yay!)

http://i.imgur.com/C2aklTW.jpg - Same with the Void, without the ornaments

http://i.imgur.com/jDWaQCB.png - Following the chart I got Yorfram, and since Y can be read as "wuh": Wuorfram.... Warframe. (lol)

http://i.imgur.com/SN0uFUV.jpg - Welp, its reversed but I easily got Haden Teno.

http://i.imgur.com/OlmyUZ4.png - TENO HADEN [][]N - SYRIH IYUYM... tenno haden, i'm sorry, I owe you one? (wot? no cant be!)

http://i.imgur.com/xThi0m2.jpg - same as above!

http://i.imgur.com/huLQ4wh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hny3o4U.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1WDOxyC.jpg - they all seems like DANJIR... danger (double lol! probably their kind of "yellow-black stripe")

http://i.imgur.com/fial3iB.jpg - "evolution" again

http://i.imgur.com/FiVOWGN.jpg - vertically inverted... TR[]V or TR[]D

Well, there we have it.  More support for the Papa Hayden theory.

Not necessarily. Given the sheer amount of time that has very clearly passed between Warframe and Dark Sector - I mean, we have Warp Void technology, kubrow species evolving from housepets into feral beasts (that alone being enough to attest to the time difference between the games) - I'd wager that, at the least, we've got 7,000 years between DS and WF. Which is ridiculous to assume that any meaningful genetics coming from any supposed direct-Haden wouldn't have been bred out by further breeding with non-infected people (unless you want to say there was some massive inbreeding going on, which I say; gross). Potentially you have a metaphorical "father" idea, but even then with that much time it's not much 

My theory coming off of this is that the Tenno are not so much direct descendants of Haden as they are "worshipers". Haden became some sort of legend post-Dark Sector as the world was overrun by the Infested (to what extent is unknown, but I think this is the case given the fact he was unable to stop Mezner's transmission from going out). Centuries upon centuries later the Orokin took this legend and named the results of their experiment - us - after it because of the superhuman traits we displayed post-Void mutation.

As Tenno culture progressed, that naming coupled with the Legend became something far more - given the lack of evidence for writing on Primes, at least as has been presented, it's DEFINITELY a Tenno-specific thing to do, not Orokin, so it DEFINITELY originated with them; probably about the same time they began to build frames for their new members, by which I mean offspring.

I don't think we're descendants of Hayden; I don't think anyone truly believes that. I think he was legend, and because he used his Technocyte virus in a similar way to the Tenno, we idolize him. 

Korusagi said it says " tenno haden, i'm sorry, I owe you one?" right?

could it just be that hes saying "hey sorry man, gonna use your style for a while"? as in Excalibur and Hayden look VERY similar/ almost exactly the same sans the skin to make you look like him. Kinda like if someone took up the mantle of Batman, they would pay some sort of homage to the original.

I dont think its worship like was said, its more recognizing your roots and paying homage. I say this because that statement sounds like youre talking to someone you consider a friend an colleague not someone you idolize/worship. Theres always a distinct difference in how you refer to people woship/idolize and people youre friendly/close with in any culture and that sounds far too friendly/buddy buddy for that

Edited by Echoa

Korusagi said it says " tenno haden, i'm sorry, I owe you one?" right?

could it just be that hes saying "hey sorry man, gonna use your style for a while"? as in Excalibur and Hayden look VERY similar/ almost exactly the same sans the skin to make you look like him. Kinda like if someone took up the mantle of Batman, they would pay some sort of homage to the original.

I dont think its worship like was said, its more recognizing your roots and paying homage. I say this because that statement sounds like youre talking to someone you consider a friend an colleague not someone you idolize/worship. Theres always a distinct difference in how you refer to people woship/idolize and people youre friendly/close with in any culture and that sounds far too friendly/buddy buddy for that

EXCEPT the Proto-Excalibur armor flavor text makes it clear that the Tenno don't know where it originated from... Potentially this is due to the loss of their memory to the cryosleep, but given that they can't even pinpoint the exact date of when it originates I don't know how possible that could be.

EXCEPT the Proto-Excalibur armor flavor text makes it clear that the Tenno don't know where it originated from... Potentially this is due to the loss of their memory to the cryosleep, but given that they can't even pinpoint the exact date of when it originates I don't know how possible that could be.

I'm wonder what makes you think the writing on Excalibur is new when he woke up from cryo in full armor? :P we know they have no memory right now, who knows before.

Edited by Echoa