Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Language Officially Deciphered! Find More Text Examples!

StallordD

I dont think its worship like was said, its more recognizing your roots and paying homage. I say this because that statement sounds like youre talking to someone you consider a friend an colleague not someone you idolize/worship. Theres always a distinct difference in how you refer to people woship/idolize and people youre friendly/close with in any culture and that sounds far too friendly/buddy buddy for that

I think there's definitely a hero worship aspect to it. 

The fact that they're writing it on their armor is strange. Even though the language is familiar, you wouldn't write something on your armor unless it was of great significance. Maybe they're invoking his name to give them strength in battle, or apologizing for the atrocities they committed while using his name?

I think there's definitely a hero worship aspect to it. 

The fact that they're writing it on their armor is strange. Even though the language is familiar, you wouldn't write something on your armor unless it was of great significance. Maybe they're invoking his name to give them strength in battle, or apologizing for the atrocities they committed while using his name?

I guess I'm thinking too literally on the worship aspect (golden idol and prayer, etc.), but I suppose hero worship would be the idea, I'm not sure if any other warframe has Hayden mentioned on them though do they?

Edited by Echoa

- WE HAVE SOLVED THE CODE...sort of

- The writing orientation changes wildly. Due to how the textures work (im assuming) the orientation of the symbols can be in many forms. However! I believe that it is still read when oriented from top left to bottom right. In this form, reading is typically left to right, however, again due to how textures work, some times reading right to left is necessary. This topic is up to debate.

- VOWELS ARE THE SMALL FLOATING SYMBOLS ELEVATED ABOVE REGULAR RUNES.

- A reminder on the various polarity names, as they seem to come into play:

Madurai - 18px-V.png - V

Vazarin - 17px-D.png - D

Naramon - 19px-Bar.png -

Zenurik - 17px-Ability.png - =

Precept - 17px-Precept.png - Y

Fusion - 18px-Corepol.png - O

Unairu - 18px-WardPol.png - R (or F)

Very ingenious ... !+

The stylistic pattern that you lay out is straight from Arabic calligraphy and in particular pictograms where the letters are distorted and vary in orientation to make a larger design

3685ae78-0458-4f68-b737-50c35bf194c6.jpg

The figure above is the collective noun "Basmala" or "Bismillah", meaning in "In the name of God (Allah)"

Notice the similarities of between Arabic lettering and the Tenno runes:

1. Both are cursive, consisting of graceful arcs

2. Individual letters can be very similar with respect to the "backbone" - rasm in Arabic - and are distinguished by diacritical marks (dots, dashes) - i'jam in Arabic

3. The orientation of the letter is not fixed - more like a patch design than writing on a page

Here is a table of letters with the modern Abjadi sequence:

4bd01e6f-3d64-46aa-a915-e91be972c7ae.png

Perhaps a bit of study of ideographic writing would provide additional insights to the Tenno "runes"

On the other hand all this may be nothing more than ...

18897030-5c82-47fa-8d4d-c24f93a2fa6b.png

Edited by ElHefe

I'm wonder what makes you think the writing on Excalibur is new when he woke up from cryo in full armor? :P we know they have no memory right now, who knows before.

No, nononononononono, I'm not saying the writing was new when he woke up from cryo, I'm saying that there seems to be too much of a time gap between DS and WF - not to mention the seeming lack of knowledge about when ever the Proto-Armor comes from - to assume that the "I'm sorry" is just one bro saying to another "I'm taking your favorite shirt for the night"

I guess I'm thinking too literally on the worship aspect (golden idol and prayer, etc.), but I suppose hero worship would be the idea, I'm not sure if any other warframe has Hayden mentioned on them though do they?

Wasn't it said that Nyx had it on her as well? 'course, that's the similarities between the two talking. But his name also shows up on Loki's leg, and Loki's not all that similar to him.

Edited by Morec0

Assuming that it's meant as a direct reference and not an easter egg, it could be more of a warning label than anything else.

Hayden Tenno probably wasn't well liked (being a living metal monster man and all) and some of DEs statements and lore imply that "Tenno" means twisted or tainted to the Orokin.

I kinda figured the writing on Excal's shoulder meant something, but I can't believe this game has been out this long and we're only just discovering this. Genius world building. 

I don't think the English spoken in the game is so much broken as mutated. Warframe takes place at least a thousand years in the future. Language changes over time (just look at how we speak now compared to 20 years ago), so after the rise of an empire, a massive war, the rise of a warrior caste, the subsequent fall of an empire, and the rise of two more it's entirely reasonable that spelling and grammar would have changed.

I only hope DE gives us a proper cypher so we can translate more, and down the line maybe even a pronunciation guide. They obviously have one considering how much dialogue is in the game and trailers.

No, nononononononono, I'm not saying the writing was new when he woke up from cryo, I'm saying that there seems to be too much of a time gap between DS and WF - not to mention the seeming lack of knowledge about when ever the Proto-Armor comes from - to assume that the "I'm sorry" is just one bro saying to another "I'm taking your favorite shirt for the night"

Wasn't it said that Nyx had it on her as well? 'course, that's the similarities between the two talking. But his name also shows up on Loki's leg, and Loki's not all that similar to him.

well I was saying excluding the skin lol, I was saying that based on the information that they had on hayden, excalibur may have replicated his look as best he knew and took on the mantle of being the "hero" as he seems to be based on the warframe promo stuff. The writing would then be him paying homage to the hero he was emulating. 

Kind of like when bruce wayne "died" and Di ck grayson (i had to space the name >.<) took on the mantle of batman, excalibur is taking up the mantle of the hero using the image of hayden tenno.

Edited by Echoa

Sorry if it's been mentioned but I haven't seen it sooooo....

jcUd8CJ.jpg

Trin's mask is covered in runes.

Jeez. I never noticed that on the ported models because the lighting was wonky. Luckily it looks like it's the same string repeated over and over again, so it shouldn't be too tough to translate.

Jeez. I never noticed that on the ported models because the lighting was wonky. Luckily it looks like it's the same string repeated over and over again, so it shouldn't be too tough to translate.

This has a symbol we don't have placed yet, I'm trying to figure out what the rest says to see what would fit!

Edit: I tried to translate it, and all I could get was either emyy ehyy emi or ehi. Turns out theres two symbols in this this one that I cant find a meanining for!

Edited by (PS4)SCP-100912

This has a symbol we don't have placed yet, I'm trying to figure out what the rest says to see what would fit!

Edit: I tried to translate it, and all I could get was either emyy ehyy emi or ehi. Turns out theres two symbols in this this one that I cant find a meanining for!

I don't see any new ones. The horizontal lines are word spacings, and the vertical lines are just squashed letters I think. The issue is that the text is very small and blurry, so distinguishing between letters is tough, not to mention that the text flips orientation A LOT in this instance. I was able to get "TENO MODEL" out in a couple spots, so it's probably not anything too interesting.

I don't see any new ones. The horizontal lines are word spacings, and the vertical lines are just squashed letters I think. The issue is that the text is very small and blurry, so distinguishing between letters is tough, not to mention that the text flips orientation A LOT in this instance. I was able to get "TENO MODEL" out in a couple spots, so it's probably not anything too interesting.

hmm, looking at the text the ones I couldn't make out were one that looked a - and the one that looks like the d polarity in the wrong orientation.

I love how I've been playing this game for a year and a half and players are still learning about the universe. I feel like this is what DE wants us to do. I wonder how many other things are hidden...

Also: Have you ever noticed that in the void, a very stylistic (almost runic) set of patterns appear on the floor? They glow blue. Would it be at all possible that this is a hidden language, too? I'd like some fellow Tenno to aid in a deciphering of this potential fourth language.

And oh my God, DE...if the Outer Terminus ever opens, and the Sentients return...please have a Sentient language ready...

Also: Have you ever noticed that in the void, a very stylistic (almost runic) set of patterns appear on the floor? They glow blue. Would it be at all possible that this is a hidden language, too? I'd like some fellow Tenno to aid in a deciphering of this potential fourth language.

If that's the case, Tenno have that too. When you use a power it ripples across their "base" colour.

If that's the case, Tenno have that too. When you use a power it ripples across their "base" colour.

Forgot I posted my theory here. I financed a search into the void, which found conclusive evidence of the appearance of only four different glyphs. Find more on the study here: (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/316655-community-event-language-of-the-ancients/)

However, the glyphs on the Tenno would be interesting to study, too. Perhaps when I have enough to finance another search, I'll look into this.

Forgot I posted my theory here. I financed a search into the void, which found conclusive evidence of the appearance of only four different glyphs. Find more on the study here: (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/316655-community-event-language-of-the-ancients/)

However, the glyphs on the Tenno would be interesting to study, too. Perhaps when I have enough to finance another search, I'll look into this.

We've already deciphered the glyphs on the Tenno though. They aren't too varied or interesting, save for the HADEN TENO inscription. The search is pretty much over. All that's left now is checking for any remaining discrepancies or ironing out the chart I made.

I was doing some fiddling and i think the lotus symbols writing simply says Warframe. Y can be used a W and it looks to me like. though it use the "O" symbol rather than "A", it could be the fact that their languange doesnt use "A" in the same way. then the Orokin banner looks like it reads "evo(L or N)(Y or W)sim." at first i thought evolution. but for obvious reasons i doubt it says that. i could be very very wrong.