The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Language Officially Deciphered! Find More Text Examples!

StallordD

I was doing some fiddling and i think the lotus symbols writing simply says Warframe. Y can be used a W and it looks to me like. though it use the "O" symbol rather than "A", it could be the fact that their languange doesnt use "A" in the same way. then the Orokin banner looks like it reads "evo(L or N)(Y or W)sim." at first i thought evolution. but for obvious reasons i doubt it says that. i could be very very wrong.

Hey peeps, the Stratos emblem has been updated. I think it now uses Tenno numbers as opposed to plain number.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. One is a simple vertical slash, and two looks a lot like the "R" symbol. I can't wait until we start getting to the double digits.

That was considered, but the runes definitely at least seem to say "YORPRAM". Perhaps it's a continuity error?

It says "yorfram", as far as I could see. The key notes that Y can be pronounced as wuh, making the translation into "wuhfram". It's definately an F rather than a P, if you notice the slash through the middle.

It says "yorfram", as far as I could see. The key notes that Y can be pronounced as wuh, making the translation into "wuhfram". It's definately an F rather than a P, if you notice the slash through the middle.

Yeah, I've begun to use Y to mean W - didn't notice that little notch there, I'm an idiot lol

(Alert:New, stupid person joining in on this) So, as OP mentions that the Tenno seem to speak very broken English, and we have only been doing a phonetic translation thus far, could we assume that "wuhfram" is a badly pronounced version of the word "Warframe"? If so, that gives us a lot of potential lore relating to who the Lotus actually is in relation to us.

Sorry if this is old news and I'm just being stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that we can translate Tenno(ese)? I wounder what it sounds like (hopefully as pretty as it looks). Maybe a bunch of musical notes?

As a spoken language, I'd be tempted to say its phonetics are largely English - hostages you rescue speak fluent English. If you provide an example of writing, I might be able to take a stab at pronouncing it.

I just want to say congrats to the original discovery team for unlocking what had been lurking under our noses for years.

first off the claws themselves look like the letter "F" given that at the point of connecting with the gloves is highlighted to look like the dash that makes an F and not a P

It looks more like a "th" on account of the blades not curving back in on themselves like the "F" does.

I'm very interested in seeing what other script we'll find on weapons now that we have the official cipher.

Linked this also in a different thread, here is a Photoshop file I laid out, stored in my Dropbox.  Each of the Tenno runes in there is a layer, allowing one to select JUST the rune and use it to make now lettering with some work.  One can also use this as the basis for vector art, brushes, or a font as well.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63430134/Tennobet2.psd

Use it in good health!