The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Skins Contest

[DE]Rebecca

Hey!

Do winners have to buy their own skin in game or do they get the skin for free?

Just wondering as a 25% discount on something you made feels a bit odd

Thanks

That's a legitimate question indeed, but even if they don't get it for free, then they'd only need three people in total to buy the skin for them to be able to technically purchase it for free anyway.

This is such an awesome contest and nothing but compliments to the great talent that has come forth from it.

I've had some difficulty grasping the skill set to submit my idea for a Vectis skin, but maybe someone will pick it up in the last minute.

Lotus symbol forward of the trigger housing on the circular (ish) segment  Well defined with a Tenno blue glow.

Polarity symbols on the top of the rifle, the segment that kind of lifts up and back near where the animation for reload takes place in the order of V - V - V (The polarities i happen to use on my Vectis at this time) In the same glow pattern as the Lotus symbol. Looks like

V

--

V

--

V

Tip of the V (where the two lines meet) towards the Buttstock/Tenno.

Blue Lines down the barrel and pooling at the tip also in the blue glow.

Pistol grip, fore grip, and top of the area around the polarity marks black and textured, similar to some real world pistol grips.

Silver-white accents along the edges of the fore grip and around the black textured polarity segment, maybe with some artful dashes elsewhere.

Black is primary color

Silver is secondary

Polarity and lines are energy

Lotus is the first "tint" option

Considered black section of barrel to be second "tint" option

Thoughts?

Summary: Awesome work people! here's an idea!

Hey!

Do winners have to buy their own skin in game or do they get the skin for free?

Just wondering as a 25% discount on something you made feels a bit odd

Thanks

That's a legitimate question indeed, but even if they don't get it for free, then they'd only need three people in total to buy the skin for them to be able to technically purchase it for free anyway.

The get 25% of each platinum sale. So if skin is sold for 100 platinum, every time somebody buys it they receive 25 platinum.

No discounts or anything else (unless it is changed in the future)

Guys, i got a problem when rendering with the sidecamera in blender some parts of the model are missing.

There is no problem when i rotate the model or render it with another camera.

Can anybody help me?

NsTTEQw.jpg

Edit : nvm, somehow i managed to find the solution accidentally. x_x

Edited by JDP04

The get 25% of each platinum sale. So if skin is sold for 100 platinum, every time somebody buys it they receive 25 platinum.

No discounts or anything else (unless it is changed in the future)

My good sir or madam.

If the makers purchases their own skin for 100p, they'd get 25p back for purchasing their own skin would they not?

That by defenition is a refund, but can just as easily be called a discount. While it relies on the maker to have enough to pay the full price, they still only end up paying 75% of the total price.

So for the thing I said that you quoted, if three people were to purcase the skin, they'd recieve 75% of what the skin would cost in the market, which is exactly what it'd cost the maker to purchase it.

Unless the maker recieves the skin for free, which was the main point of the first post that you also replied to.

Edited by Kamikiri

My good sir or madam.

If the makers purchases their own skin for 100p, they'd get 25p back for purchasing their own skin would they not?

That by defenition is a refund, but can just as easily be called a discount. While it relies on the maker to have enough to pay the full price, they still only end up paying 75% of the total price.

So for the thing I said that you quoted, if three people were to purcase the skin, they'd recieve 75% of what the skin would cost in the market, which is exactly what it'd cost the maker to purchase it.

Unless the maker recieves the skin for free, which was the main point of the first post that you also replied to.

My bad, I assumed they were confuzzled about the sharing of the reward :S

I feel stupid now >.<

Edited by noveltyhero

how can we vote for separated weapons skins.

Ie: i like the akmagnus skin from a player (1) and the vectis from another player (2), but the second has his own Akmagnus skin . How i can vote just for the vectis(2) and then for the 1rs player akmagnus separately, without voting de second's akmagnus?

Edited by ___NICO___

how can we vote for separated weapons skins.

Ie: i like the akmagnus skin from a player (1) and the vectis from another player (2), but the second has his own Akmagnus skin . How i can vote just for the vectis(2) and then for the 1rs player akmagnus separately, without voting de second's akmagnus?

Skins are not in the voting process yet, a plus one here is merely for moral support to the author.

I'm just posting the WIP for my contest entry, The Infested Vectis!

(Normal maps are wonderful <3)

EDIT: Removed the old image to help clean up this thread for when entries need to be taken. if you want to see the old renders they're available on my feedback thread. Here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/311241-looking-for-feedback-on-my-entry-in-the-current-weapon-skin-contest/

Edited by KittyDarkling