The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Skins Contest

[DE]Rebecca

Drastically increased the quality of the renders, brighten the textures in response to feedback, and started work on the energy color areas. I really look forward to everyone's feedback!

ly0VOtU.jpg

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/311241-looking-for-feedback-on-my-entry-in-the-current-weapon-skin-contest/ < this is my post for feedback and opinions on my reskin.

EDIT: I'm working between two different machines and I'm noticing things  are a lot darker and more colorful on this monitor, I might tone down the saturation on the red tint layer, but I'd like to remind everyone this weapon totally 100% tintable, it can be solid black, white, pink, brown, or any color you want it to be and any mix of the four tinting layers!

EDIT/Reply:

Please make an image of it on white or transparent background, I really want to see details. Looks nice, but cant really see details. Also would be nice to have some animated parts, since its infested and we know that infested weps are alive.

I hope this new showcase image is visible enough for you! And where I would love to add moving parts, and other need mesh modifications this skin merely changes the textures provided to us (Specifically the Normal maps) so as to pertain to the contest's rules, When the next contest that allows mesh edits rolls around you can be sure I'll be working to make something even cooler looking :D

More Edit: If anyone would like to help me test out the limits of the tinting layers, feel free to comment on my thread in the link above with the colors you want to see it rendered out with and which angle you want the render in. Then I'll post the results as a reply, I think It'll be both fun, and helpful! :D

Such Edit: I updated my showcase image up there, the old ones and stuff are in the link provided <3

Much Edit: If I don't update again, please consider this my final submission to the contest.

Wow Edit: Okay, I've been doing several (sleepless, sugar induced, nervous) quality passes on thing thing, and I've gotten all the assets into a PSD. I'll upload a version now, continue helping my friend get their zoren submission in, then haphazardly try to get the quality on mine up.

Edit: More tweaks, texture refinements, and lighting adjustments, I'll likely slip in a tweak to the metal lighting to make it even better before the contest submission phase ends.

Edit: I think I got the metal bits how I like and now I might just reluctantly say it's done.

Edited by KittyDarkling

Vectis Skin Submission:

<No name yet>

dSTjEwt.jpg

-Fully tintable

Only thing I'm worried about is the format... and if it's within the rules

Can I get some help with regards to that please?

I will probably update this if I can figure out shaders in Max.

I was waiting until you finished this. This is truly a work of blood, sweat, and tears.

Note: This isn't my actual entry, just playing around with the programs cause I've never done this before. ^^  Unless everyone thinks its awesome or something rofl.

arw5zln.jpg

VuSre7h.jpg

A Fire Marshall Bill decal adorns the barrel of this stylish Akmagnus along with his legendary catch phrase!  Don't get caught in a firefight without Bill Burns, the Fire Marshall!  Safety Course sold separately!

Drastically increased the quality of the renders, brighten the textures in response to feedback, and started work on the energy color areas. I really look forward to everyone's feedback!

eVJbAWg.jpg

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/311241-looking-for-feedback-on-my-entry-in-the-current-weapon-skin-contest/ < this is my post for feedback and opinions on my reskin.

EDIT: I'm working between two different machines and I'm noticing things  are a lot darker and more colorful on this monitor, I might tone down the saturation on the red tint layer, but I'd like to remind everyone this weapon totally 100% tintable, it can be solid black, white, pink, brown, or any color you want it to be and any mix of the four tinting layers!

EDIT/Reply:

I hope this new showcase image is visible enough for you! And where I would love to add moving parts, and other need mesh modifications this skin merely changes the textures provided to us (Specifically the Normal maps) so as to pertain to the contest's rules, When the next contest that allows mesh edits rolls around you can be sure I'll be working to make something even cooler looking :D

More Edit: If anyone would like to help me test out the limits of the tinting layers, feel free to comment on my thread in the link above with the colors you want to see it rendered out with and which angle you want the render in. Then I'll post the results as a reply, I think It'll be both fun, and helpful! :D

Edit: I updated my showcase image up there, the old ones and stuff are in the link provided <3

I`m not new to this, worked alot with Bethesda games mods, I know, that animation needs change of mesh also, and simple retexture work is actually in another category than editing the model. I just noted, that animation of something like Venom sack near trigger would be awesome, we even have the proper "item" there. Something like heart beating should fit it greatly.

Vectis sure looks like an infested weapon now and I dont remember any infested sniper rifle =) Thanks for the update, this version looks much better. I`ll vote for you in the contest for sure!

PS if you`ll win I hope you`ll gift me 1 copy for free for productive comments ^_^

Also:

Energy seems ok, something with neon glow effect will do, and for my taste energy glow should be a bit darker green. Just a bit darker with abit more radiant glow, like in the lowest green in infested pallete. (something with phosphorescent glow, like on real guns - http://ninjalawncare.biz/sensorycue/webadds/gun_sights_paint_how_to_1.png)

But right now model looks like "take my money now"

Edited by Vicious_D

I was waiting for this contest and I missed :( why you put info about it yesterday? ( On the  warframe game news board ) <cry>

Really the skins are great but i miss one things in the materials from DE, the clean Ambient Occlusion pass. Its easy paint it black  white parts but in "Victus",  you give only painted diffuse.png texture with black area and painting this differently (brighter) is hard.

I spent all my free time this week working on these skins xD and would have made skins for all the other models too if I didn't have school this week: P but alas here are my submissions. Due to popular demand by members of my alliance I chose the Magnus and Vectis. Using a laptop that can’t even run Warframe at 25fps I dished out all these renders. I also included in the videos below showing all the angles I cannot show you with the 3 angles I was asked to submit in my submissions in xD.

For the Magnus I thought up the following colour scheme which is a skin that was somewhat chaotic but yet simple. I wanted to make something practical and customizable. All the black patterns have their own tint mask so they can be colorized to suit your colour choice. I also attached below how the skin will look with a purple and lime green body colour due to popular demand by fellow alliance members. In the video if you look closely at the ammo compartment you will realize that I put some little extra detail to help it stand out when reloading.

Final Presentation

1T1iWtb.png

Lime Green Version

DqFOYQA.png

Video

Original Renders

rOdMZBF.png

nH9L4qI.png

y4E8B2H.png

For the Vectis I wanted to make it look more like my Razer Kraken Headset. it took me 10 minutes to even come up with that thought (which is kind of ironic considering the fact that i was staring at it without knowing for 10 minutes when I was thinking up ideas) but more alien'ish. This was pretty rushed but I wanted to use the illumination map to help it stand out from the other submissions. Its effect cannot be seen in the 3 renders provided but can clearly be seen in the video provided.

Final Presentation

kGZaUzS.png

Video

Original Renders

nTp9T8r.png

NjkoNm0.png

VU4lKMV.png

I don't hope to win this competition but to increase the competition a bit and finally have a submission that is recognized, it’s kind of tradition now taking part or helping someone take part in a competition since closed beta so I won’t keep my hopes up. Besides I hope these renders were at least eye candy to you guys and was tasty to digest xD

Also Special thanks to Ronalds Ustinovs who tutored me with lighting tips that saved allot of my time and helped these renders come out great.

Cheers!

I hope I'm not too late D: Here's my entry:

dakila_akmagnus___custom_weapon_skin_by_

dakilaakmagnusskin3_by_malayayu-d7zmkxc.

dakila_akmagnus_skin_2_by_malayayu-d7zmm

A friend and clanmate gave me the idea for the name. Dakila means great/heroic/majestic/noble in Filipino(Which makes Dakila Magnus kinda redundant, pfft)

The inscription on the barrel is from an ancient Filipino writing system called Alibata/Baybayin. It reads "Dakilang Tenu" or translated into English: "x Tenno", x being any of the possible translations of the word.

Baked and rendered with Blender. Textures made with Photoshop and dDo.

I apologize if the maps are a bit messy, still trying to get the hang of texturing and stuff. PSD file is here:

http://malayayu.deviantart.com/art/Dakila-Akmagnus-Custom-Weapon-Skin-483105130

Edited by MaaYuu

Hi everyone ! 

Here's my entry for the challenge: 

The Magnus Hive.

2a8gldy.png

2pzlil3.png

5yb61l.png

2a83ned.png

For the skin I chose to base myself on a theme :The Hive.

Therefore I used the graphic codes associated with this theme.Like  yellow,orange,black and the hexagonal shape.

Furthermore , I was inspired by the Corpus weapons for the  technological side and use of energy weapons.

I also added blades (on textures) on the front of the weapon.

For rendering I used Marmoset Toolbag 2 , and Quixel Suite to work on the different maps.

PSD File : 

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t8tp2as70336395/MagnusSkinContest.psd

Voilà :)  

Hope you like it ! And Good Luck for  other participants !

Hi, This is my entry for this contest, Hope you like it !

1411116482-vectiscontest.jpeg

The colours are fully customizable.

1411154350-img-color.jpeg

PSD : http://dl.free.fr/qv3AU1zi7

EDIT   : modified some light, add extra details and link to the .psd

EDIT2 : Corrected an error on primary tint Mask, added new link to the .psd and a coloring image preview.

Edited by Bellph