Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Worried About The Ebola Disease Wiping Out The Human Race?

zavienh5

government blocked the information, my biology teacher informed the class about it and after research, it was true

Here, try the WHO factsheet then. The US government isn't known for its ability to silence independent UN agencies.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs103/en/

Ebola spreads through human-to-human contact. In a first-world country the risk of it spreading is almost zero.

government blocked the information, my biology teacher informed the class about it and after research, it was true

Okay then

Find me a list of all the viruses that have mutated or changed in such a way that they have suddenly gone airborne.

Then find me a list of all the ones that haven't.

Congratulations! You now have evidence that such a mutation is really bloody unlikely.

The government aren't everyone's enemies, they don't cover everything up. That's what we call 'stupid talk'.

Guest Tehnoobshow

LOL, and I thought you might have had a credible source. Biology teachers are the dumbest people in the world, they would probably be smarter if they had just gotten art degrees like they were supposed to instead of wasting 4 years of their life failing at med school.

OP is either a troll or just flat out loonie.

Not necessarily, just buying into the media circus around this particular issue.

I notice no scientific journalistic articles have been quoted and no statistics that point to a trend referenced. Just 'look at the news outlets!'

I don't doubt they're sincere in their reporting, but come on. Media is far from independent for the most part, even when there *isn't* fuel this flammable for content.

Guest Tehnoobshow

*also puts it on*

*also thinks that cordyceps will or what ever its called will be humanities death*

Toxoplasmosa is far more likely. All cats are evil!

"The latest count: 3,685 people sick, and 1,841 of them have died."

3685/2 = 1842.5 exactly.

The source may overexaggerate this humanitarian crisis (look at the previous bird flu thang that the media completely messed up with) , however it sure is a dangerous virus & deserve the high authorities to stay alert.

Don't fall into paranoia though (and don't fall into the "let the poor black people die from this miserable thing, us developed countries will deal with it without any problem" either!).

Our society may soon be extinct if we continue to live like this, but more likely by a lack of resources than a contagious disease...

Edited by unknow99

search Ebola up, its on every news station

Im very aware of Ebola, but what you're talking about is a huge overexaggeration. Ebola is not threatening in terms of spread, only the things it does, and it most certainly doesn't have the potential to "WIPE OUT THE HUMAN RACE".

I was talking about the specific places where you get your info, every news place like CNN has already said that there's nothing to panic about, and if a news station actually tries to calm the public about something, then there's usually nothing to panic about.

Besides, the internet would've revealed any S#&$ like this, and organizations like WHO wouldn't let the Govt. control them like that.

Please, do cite your sources that have said that Ebola has the potential to wipe out the human race or simply kill thousands of americans...

WATCH OUT GUYS, EBOLA IS AIRBORNE

FLYING INFECTED BODILY FLUIDS ARE NOW TRAVELLING THE GLOBE HUNTING DOWN INNOCENT VICTIMS

BEWARE THE AIRBORNE EBOLA!

Bynfpio.png

#paintmaster

#1337artist

#bewareairborneebola

Edited by Angius

Toxoplasmosa is far more likely. All cats are evil!

If I had to take a guess at what will wipe out the human race, I'd put my money on a nuclear apocalypse.

Don't fall into paranoia though (and don't fall into the "let the poor black people die from this miserable thing, us developed countries will deal with it without any problem" either!).

Our society may soon be extinct if we continue to live like this, but more likely by a lack of resources than a contagious disease...

The reason why we're fairly safe here is because most modern countries have extremely strict standards for fluid contamination in hospitals, for obvious reasons. You're not very likely to be exposed to someone's bodily fluids.

Im very aware of Ebola, but what you're talking about is a huge overexaggeration. Ebola is not threatening in terms of spread, only the things it does, and it most certainly doesn't have the potential to "WIPE OUT THE HUMAN RACE".

I was talking about the specific places where you get your info, every news place like CNN has already said that there's nothing to panic about, and if a news station actually tries to calm the public about something, then there's usually nothing to panic about.

Besides, the internet would've revealed any S#&$ like this, and organizations like WHO wouldn't let the Govt. control them like that.

Please, do cite your sources that have said that Ebola has the potential to wipe out the human race or simply kill thousands of americans...

I'm sorry that I cant provide the websites I saw about these information i have because it got blocked after a few minutes I viewed it....T_T

LOL, and I thought you might have had a credible source. Biology teachers are the dumbest people in the world, they would probably be smarter if they had just gotten art degrees like they were supposed to instead of wasting 4 years of their life failing at med school.

You can't judge teachers like that man...

1) Biology isn't a dumb science, to begin with. It's essential.

2) Smarter people than me and you may sometimes have no other choice than choosing to do a underqualified job to not be unemployed...Don't insult these persons.

I'm sorry that I cant provide the websites I saw about these information i have because it got blocked after a few minutes I viewed it....T_T

You can always tried cache'd versions of said websites that you claim to be blocked. Even the actual link to the site itself. Just because it's blocked doesn't mean you can't give us a link or the domain.

Im already going off the assumption that OP is a troll or trying to get attention... Or just hasn't researched enough about Ebola to know how it actually spreads/whether it can even truly affect US

Edited by SgtFlex

I PUT LINKS....NEWS STATION LINKS....

Just looked at the links. Also, chill. From what I see, the virus is still spread through bodily fluids. Not sure what would happen if these fluids got into water supplies though. The 21 day incubation could be cause for concern but it isn't until someone begins to excrete bodily fluids later on that they become a contagion factor. Suppression of how the virus functions are unlikely since this is a global concern. The way it functions wouldn't allow it to become a global epidemic. Ebola doesn't appear to pose a significant threat to the U.S.

Not necessarily, just buying into the media circus around this particular issue.

I notice no scientific journalistic articles have been quoted and no statistics that point to a trend referenced. Just 'look at the news outlets!'

I don't doubt they're sincere in their reporting, but come on. Media is far from independent for the most part, even when there *isn't* fuel this flammable for content.

Yes the news media are notorious for their scientific illiteracy in reporting but the OP is going far beyond buying into the hype.  He is making claims that are just unfounded.  

I still say the OP is either a troll or totally loonie and just believes anything some one tells them. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Do I seriously look like im joking around wasting my time....finding all the links and making a topic.....

You do realize that just because a news organization reports something doesn't mean it's true, right? As they say, fear sells. People who are afraid will read their scary articles and share them with their friends or make silly threads like this, and that's more money for them.

Also, not a single one of those links had anything about Ebola becoming a zomg flying virus

Guest Tehnoobshow

If I had to take a guess at what will wipe out the human race, I'd put my money on a nuclear apocalypse

Hey, that's not fair. I thought we were talking about diseases. And humanity isn't nearly smart enough to rid the world of itself. What's more likely is that Last Men take over all of society and degrade our humanity until we might as well not be sentient at all. A fate much worse than extinction, don't you think?

You do realize that just because a news organization reports something doesn't mean it's true, right? As they say, fear sells. People who are afraid will read their scary articles and share them with their friends or make silly threads like this, and that's more money for them.

Also, not a single one of those links had anything about Ebola becoming a zomg flying virus

Do you think the government would want his/her citizens panicking?  Last time there was a virus outbreak the government told lies.  And also there is a word called: "CLASSIFIED"

This thread is too much fun.

Or live with his dog,listening to Bob Marley & avoiding dieased zombies, since he is referring to that film I guess...

And chillaxing with mannequins, renting movies and playing golf. Damn. I'd like that.

Do you think the government would want his/her citizens panicking?

Of course they don't. That's what the media does.

Do you think the government would want his/her citizens panicking?  Last time there was a virus outbreak the government told lies.  And also there is a word called: "CLASSIFIED"

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs103/en/

This is from an organization called WHO. They are the official medical research branch of the UN. Unless...are you implying there's a worldwide conspiracy at work here? I suppose you also believe in the New World Order and that 9/11 was an inside job?