Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Railtaxes

aoguro

Because they can, I'd wager.

I'd really prefer the system have upper limits on what you can tax, but that's just me.  It definitely doesn't look very competitive, so keeping the cartel from removing most of the value of running the missions would be nice.  As it is, Dark Sectors are a failed experiment to me.

Dark sectors themselves are fine. The easily abusive and over-neglected (ever since implementation of PvP) system that handles them is what failed.

ok, i understand when railholders use 75 % of taxes for ingame cash which is for shure not even close to fair, but i can understand a bit

but i dont want to see them using taxes for the dropping parts more then at 15 %

clan-leaders, if you have a clan, you should know what it means to be a true tenno

dont suck the community, suck your wallet or let your clan-members farm the parts for your rails or dojo-extensions

thank you for understanding :-)

ps: the cheaper the taxes, the more players you will have

im comfortable with a max. of 15 % on dropping parts and 30 % of ingame cash, i promise you, you will have more players and more income ...

Edited by 7ENN0

Adding my 2 cents here:

Imo, 0->15% credits taxes on a rail is reasonable and fair. I will thank and fight for every clan and or alliance that is willingly to set up a no taxes sector, regardless of the battle pay.

I can accept a max of 25% credit taxes if the clan/alliance have only one dark sector under its control, but imo, If you have 2 or more dark sectors, 25% taxes is ridiculous and greedy.

More than that is just such pure greed that is a fool's play and I will proactively avoid that sector, meaning I'll try to convince as many players as I can to go somewhere else.

It's your right to set up your taxes sure, but it's mine to say "no ty: let's go somewhere else."

Special mention to Sechura, so atm LotE: with the traffic of players farming for xp alone in Sechura every day, you could set up 5% credit taxes and gain enough to buy a planet to your glory every week. If you want to push players in other sectors to farm for you resources... well you can, but it's a very petty mixture of laziness and greed, with no excuses whatsoever.

Resource's taxes... mileage may vary here, but imo, more than 10% resources taxes is robbery, especially for rare resources like plastids. Alliances and Clans that will keep their resources taxes as little as possible will always have my support. (it doesn't have to be zero, let's be clear: some to build or simply gain something from your dark sector is a given. Especially if you're a little alliance and need resources to go bigger. But forcing players to grind for you is petty.)

Meh, I'll just vote with my feet on this one, and would encourage others to do the same.

Till the taxes drop to a more reasonable (as in less than 30%) level, I just wont hit DS's for any kind of farming, and you can do the whole battle thing without my help either.

If your members cant be bothered contributing to whatever you're doing, I don't see why I or others external to your group should foot the bill.

I know, I'm just a lone lowbie... you wont miss much more than a steady trickle of not much for the few hours I play a day, but the more people that stop letting themselves be taxed, the quicker you're going to have to start giving us an incentive to start using your rails :)

Market forces cut both ways, after all ;)  Out of interest, how many people boycotting rails would it take before they start costing more than they generate I wonder...

Edited by DrNoesis

Same here. I was going to run a couple of Dark Sectors for fun. Throughout the entire system, I saw no less than a 44% credit tax (most being 75%) and nearly all had 15-25% resource tax.

If I do my math, something like Sechura that pays 26000 credits would be reduced to 6500 credits. Regular missions pay out more than that. Even with the "bonus" resource drops, you'd still be even or better with a regular untaxed node.

And to confirm, as I was looking I saw a total of only 2 teams playing any Dark Sector.

I "voted with my feet" and went and played regular nodes instead.

Edited by PlebbyMilliner

Yay, this useless thread again.

On top of the pile of 39465834968 1/2 threads that talk about the same.

My answer's gonna be the same too:

Who the hell cares?

Everyone here but you.

So if you don't have anything to add, you're allowed to go somewhere else.

And I'm afraid topics like these will pile up until a more reasonable situation is reached about dark sector's taxes: if many topics like this one are being created is because there is a problem. If the problem persists, so will the topics.

Everyone here but you.

And I'm afraid topics like these will pile up until a more reasonable situation is reached about dark sector's taxes: if many topics like this one are being created is because there is a problem. If the problem persists, so will the topics.

I am afraid we have to flood the forums with such topics for DE to actually show a sign they acknowledge our complaints, but that's a "last resort maneuver", so to say.

Edited by TMHowler

I am afraid we have to flood the forums with such topics for DE to actually show a sign they acknowledge our complaints, but that's a "last resort maneuver", so to say.

I don't think DE should be disturbed about a problem that was generated by players and has to be solved by players: what they could do in any case? Enhance tax limiters ? I think that would be a sad day for the player base.

It would prove our inability to have nice things and to regulate ourselves.

We're gamers and even if some of us are children, I hope we can show a little more wisdom and restrain to acknowledge the situation of the taxes in dark sectors.

I don't think DE should be disturbed about a problem that was generated by players and has to be solved by players: what they could do in any case? Enhance tax limiters ? I think that would be a sad day for the player base.

It would prove our inability to have nice things and to regulate ourselves.

We're gamers and even if some of us are children, I hope we can show a little more wisdom and restrain to acknowledge the situation of the taxes in dark sectors.

Actually, DE does have an influence. The base costs of the rails, upkeep, etc. The timing of the conflicts. Otherwise, I agree.

If you want credits, farm Void. If you want resources, there are different nodes that drop them.

I have to admit, I really object to this viewpoint.

'You should just ignore a chunk of the game because a group of players have decided that they don't want you to do it. Go and do something else instead.'

If you want credits, farm Void. If you want resources, there are different nodes that drop them.

To add to this.

If you want lower taxes, fight for them.

A bunch of analyst here trying to think why they put certain taxes and why they think it's needed. And they are all wrong. 

Everyone here but you.

Void is better for credits. Resources can be gotten on different nodes, pretty much just as well (in my experience, Dark Sector bonus resource drops don't mean anything, I get more resources from other missions than those) and experience gain can't be taxed.

Where exactly is the problem?

To add to this.

If you want lower taxes, fight for them.

A bunch of analyst here trying to think why they put certain taxes and why they think it's needed. And they are all wrong. 

If "fighting" for them was this easy, this problem wouldn't have existed in the first place.

This problem isn't just one alliance, but several, all working together. And forming 'one' alliance to take that on will not work. Considering the forums are usually a very small section of the player base.

Let's just ignore the problem! That will surely solve it

/endsarcasm

What's the point of adding gameplay, if people aren't going to use it?

If "fighting" for them was this easy, this problem wouldn't have existed in the first place.

This problem isn't just one alliance, but several, all working together. And forming 'one' alliance to take that on will not work. Considering the forums are usually a very small section of the player base.

Let's just ignore the problem! That will surely solve it

/endsarcasm

What's the point of adding gameplay, if people aren't going to use it?

DS isnt actual gameplay or content, its just old content passed as new.

I don't understand the problem. Are you saying that the alliances in control are in the majority?

Running Void missions for credits requires more powerful equipment and mods, which require credits to buy blueprints and craft.

It's easy for established players to say to newer ones that they should just do X to get Y, but in this case they can't follow your advice because they don't have the credit base to begin with.

Dark Sectors are extremely popular for a reason- the XP and credit payouts (until very high taxes were placed) being key features. The metagame encourages five-and-out play rather than sticking around, which also allows Alliances holding rails to generate more revenue more quickly.

I think a greater amount of 10k+ Alerts, a bonus to your mission pay equal to your mastery rank in percentage (possibly capped at 10% or the like), Invasions being reduced to 3 runs and paying out more quickly would all go a long way to alleviating the complaints about Dark Sectors, and encourage players to use Frames other than Vauban or Nova and Launcher-type weapons on a more regular basis.

Allowing players to choose to simply play the normal Dark Sector mission instead of participating in the Conflicts, with the tax rate of the occupying Alliance applying through the Conflict time and all revenue being held and then paid out to the Vault of the victorious Alliance would help a lot too, especially given how many low or no Battle Pay Conflicts have been occurring and/or how interested a given player is in PVP.

Void is better for credits. Resources can be gotten on different nodes, pretty much just as well (in my experience, Dark Sector bonus resource drops don't mean anything, I get more resources from other missions than those) and experience gain can't be taxed.

Where exactly is the problem?

Except for rare resources.

Sure you can get them even in normal maps... at the 10% ratio. Cool. Another grind. Or not.

Xp gain can't be taxed but credits sure can: it's easy to dismiss this when you've 10 million credits or more. To not care. But this doesn't apply to everyone or the majority of the players.

The point being: Dark sectors are a much easier area to reach and farm than Void, because they don't have numbered keys. Sure you can "farm" Void but it's not a bottomless pit of wonders: if people are forced to pay a big chunk of their drops in dark sectors, players without keys and credits are hopeless. They can't farm void because they don't have keys and they can't farm dark sectors because the taxes are too high to earn resources at an acceptable pace.

And when you see alliances and clans that forces players to farm resources for them on very specific nodes... well it's not a pretty picture. It's petty.

Rails are for that sole purpose, conquer and do whatever you want, if you dont like it, then go take over, or someone more generous will eventually.

Yes, there is some truth here: owning a dark sector is more than a status. But I think you need some wisdom in running a sector.

Grinding is an hassle for everyone: I really can't understand why an alliance with many clans should force other players to grind for them.

Edited by Zuijin