Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will We Ever Have Roles?

KaptainK3nny

In alot of MMOs you have the role system the healer the tank and the support

There is no type of role system in this game making me feel like there is no purpose of using any other frame except rhino and that is really Making me think what's the point of all these other frames.

MY OWN INTERPRETATION.

Feel free to post your thoughts

No negative comments please

Thats the benefit. I can use Rhino for healing and Loki as the tank.

The beauty of freedom to choose what role I want to use my warframe for is what I love about this game.

Encourages creativity you see? :)

Okay the first line is sarcasm. Pardon me.

Roles are sort of implemented, but not as obvious as other games. It is due to this fact that I can use certain Warframes meant to perform a certain role like Loki and build him to perform another role.

Why only play one frame just because the roles aren't clearly defined for you?

This game isn't like MMO's. Because it isn't one. Warframes have themes - but you, as a Tenno, can play any role.

Give this man a cookie. Edited by X3Evanescence

Have you ever tried healing as a Rhino? Doesn't work. Blowing up an entire room as Trinity doesn't either. The roles that you refer to in the OP are in the game, just not as clearly defined as in other MMOs. 

EDIT: my statements were unclear. I was referring to using the warframe's abilities to blow up rooms or heal. That is what gives teh warframes their unique rolls. 

Edited by Imaru12

please elaborate

Have you ever tried healing as a Rhino? Doesn't work. Blowing up an entire room as Trinity doesn't either. The roles that you refer to in the OP are in the game, just not as clearly defined as in other MMOs. 

Why only play one frame just because the roles aren't clearly defined for you? If you want to play other frames, go on ahead and do it. However, if you do only like tank frames, then keep on playing Rhino. Just don't complain that there aren't any roles.

This game isn't like MMO's. Because it isn't one. Warframes have themes - but you, as a Tenno, can play any role. 

Edited by Jahadaya

Rhino's a crutch, really. Wanna kill everything in a room? Use Saryn. Wanna tank? Use Valkyr. Wanna provide CC? Nyx/Loki/etc. There are definitely need for other frames to fill in roles.

Rhino is a nice all-around frame, but I don't recommend using him for end-game content.

While most frames can fill any role reasonably well their skills are meant to push you toward a certain style. I play my Frost and my Banshee totally differently for example.

Rhino is very good all around; but he can't heal the team or block damage to a defense objective; he's probably the most solid frame going; but I can't agree that there's no point to playing the others.

Especially since I main Frost lately.

Edited by Revenant102

Each frame falls into a role category. Excal, fighter. Loki/Ash/Mirage, rogue. Rhino, tank fighter. Valkyr, barbarian. Trinity, claric/healer. Oberon, Paladin. Nyx/nova/mag/volt/ember, wizard/sorcerer. I would like to think of Banshee as a ranger. Frost, arcane tank. Nekros, necromancer. Vauban, articifer. Saryn, I actually don't know. Zaphyr,... Maybe a monk at least with its original concept. And there's my point

Edited by Senketsu_

mags shield polarize is not effective late game due to the fact that poison damage can bypass shieklds. Also if allies aren't close to overdone no heal....

Poison damage is present in one faction out of four, and Oberon's healing will reach them, so even if they go down, it will at least slow down the bleedout. 

You are looking for roles? Here ya go: 

Rhino: Tank

Frost: Tank

Trinity: Healer/Tank

Oberon: Healer/Dps? 

Excalibur: Jack of All Trades

Nyx: Crowd Control

Vauban: Crowd Control

Hydroid: Crowd Control/Dps 

Nova: Dps

Ember: Dps

Loki: Crowd Control

Valkyr: Tank 

IMO, cc & support are the same thing. 

I know I'm missing a few, but you can see where I'm going with this. Each Frame could fit a specific role & more or less, these are the roles. You can, however, play any way you want. Any Frame, any role, whatever. 

Edit: I for one play Excalibur as a pure CC Frame. I use nothing but Radial Blind with him. With the right mods I'm able to keep an entire room stun locked. Everybody wins. 

Edited by Rexlars

mags shield polarize is not effective late game due to the fact that poison damage can bypass shieklds.

It may not be good as a heal, but this doesn't mean that it's not effective.

People needs to stop with the mainstream thinking. Ember can do CC, but no one can see that. Frost and Saryn can clear rooms more efficiently, but people keep Stomping. Banshee allows the team to kill enemies easily and provides great CC, but people still scoff at her. And don't get me started w/ weapons.

Why only play one frame just because the roles aren't clearly defined for you? If you want to play other frames, go on ahead and do it. However, if you do only like tank frames, then keep on playing Rhino. Just don't complain that there aren't any roles.

This is the beauty of warframe. Trinity or Nekros can still kill better than Rhino if done right. OP please don't ask for turning this game into a generic MMO

There is no type of role system in this game making me feel like there is no purpose of using any other frame except rhino and that is really Making me think what's the point of all these other frames.

Why don't you create your own role. 

For example, in GW2, there are roles, you either build on them or do whatever you want. the world is your oyster.

Although I wonder if you are looking for a healer.

There are corrupt mods there to help establish each role.

A reason to switch...Diversity and no boredom. Who needs to be forced into roles? Why not create your own role? use your imagination.