Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Everyone So Concerned About Solo Players?

Tesseract_The_Pariah

Suthurn, on 10 Sept 2014 - 8:22 PM, said:Suthurn, on 10 Sept 2014 - 8:22 PM, said:

they really just need to scale things based on group size. solo fights less enemies at a time, gets less loot, and so on. big groups fight more, get more loot, and so on. its not like this is some new crazy idea. 

Indeed, the coop scaling like this is one of the few things Borderlands got right (my opinion. Nothing more, nothing less).

Edited by Corvid

You forget secret hunting, Lore-finding and codex scanning.

Sure Lore is really more of a forum game atm, but Im sure it will creep into the maps sooner or later.

But I have run through every part of a map looking for hidden spaces, looking for text to translate, practiced moves or wallrunning, and so on.

All this is impossible in a group not wanting to do the same thing.

I would be sad if it dessapeared, maby enough to leave the game all together.

And though "broken" or removed, the pause function is Gold if you have a partner who do not play, and kids as well.

I have too many afk games when I had to run. Came back, went solo- done.

We are concerned about solo players because even as a minority they should be serviced because Solo play is an option offered in the game. The missions aren't even scaled down for solo players like many other MMOs. However, Warframe doesn't necessarily need this. However, we do need to keep in mind that although some players enjoy playing with others, there are also players who may not, be it for personal preference, networking issues, hardware limitations, or any other reason they may have. 

Others have already stepped in to weigh the validity of the statement. This and the other thread are basically just argument circles chasing each other's tail at this point.

Nothing anyone has said is going to change the fact that your statement was not a good comparison for what OP said or the actual in-game situation. I posted in this thread purely to point out that your statement was off. Others have drawn a closer comparison and pointed out the flaws in OP's skyrim argument. 90% of this thread is just people repeating what others have already said.