Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"improved The Aiming Direction Of Mirage's Prism Ability."

Yirktos

Uh, no you didn't? You actually made it a lot worse. The aiming was fine: sending the prism towards where you were looking at the end of the casting animation, but now it's based on where you were looking when you started to cast the ability. This is miserable even with Natural Talent equipped. I can't imagine how awful this is without it.

THIS! SO MUCH OF THIS. When I read that aiming was "improved," I thought that it meant players/mobs/etc that were close behind you or near your "camera" wouldn't effect aim as much.

NOPE!  It was "improved" it my making it MUCH worse. Even if you're running Natural Talent (which i wasn't before this) a lot can happen in the casting time so being able to adjust is huge.

Edited by HypnoCircle

Yeah, I loved being able to fine-tune where I wanted DiscoDeath to go. I mean, this is a fast paced game, and this ability has an amazingly long kamehameha wind up time(which I like), but in order for usto get the best use out of this ability, we need to be able to account for battlefield changes as best we can.

I was really disappointed that the aiming works as it does now, and I'd love to see it act as it had before(with fixes mentioned above, well, fixed).

Defiantly a massive step backwards in functionality.  With a cast animation in the ballpark of 2 seconds, and with a playstyle that is constantly moving, I am constantly throwing ball harmlessly at my feet or into harmless corners.  I don't know who told you the aiming of prism wasn't already perfect, but whoever did is an idiot.

Just tried Mirage's "aiming improvements".

The idea behind the delay is the casting/channelling time where Mirage is preparing her Prism. Realistically speaking, space ninjas should be able to use this "charging" time to refine the aim and launch the prism at the end of the casting animation. In the middle of a heated battle, it is very easy to mis-aim Prism given how fast Mirage is coupled with high mouse sensitivity settings.

I am all for a revert to the old aiming mechanic. 

Liked it a lot better before the change. Didn't even understand where it was going before, now I read that it goes to where my screen was looking at initially. I'll activate it while looking at any random directly, and finally look towards where I want it to fire right at the end. I think all of us did that

they should make Prism follow our pointers/reticule. would be much funner.

I could see why that would sound fun, but that wouldn't be as useful as the fire-and-forget option. You would need to micro-manage prism in flight and it would be very likely to get stuck on a wall otherwise.  Besides, with Eclipse and Hall of Mirror, Mirage does more than enough damage where she's aiming.

A simple revert is all that would be best.  The aiming wasn't broken before, and I'm sure DE meant well, but trying to 'fix' it just broke it.

I'm in agreement with Yirktos here the "improvement" is down right annoying to use, while I like the fact DE tried to make it so people can't change my aim by running in front of me, i don't think this was how it should have been done. 

So DE thank you for trying to fix the previous aiming problem but please revert this change. 

Its a nightmare to aim now. far easier to aim while casting.

How I have to stop moving even before I cast and I'm getting chewed up for gun fire for longer to make sure it is even pointing in the general area I want it to go. Far harder to aim it into pipes or tight gaps. If you clicked the power a little soon or in a panic you have to suffer the whole casting time knowing its going to go nowhere near your intended direction when its finally done.