Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radial Blind - Poll - Share Your Vote

tocorro

QUESTION :

What do You think about the recent changes to Excalibur radial blind ?
(mind that devs stated that they were intended changes to balance Excalibur)

POSSIBLE ANSWERS :

a) I'm all in, Excalibur radial blind was too powerful, he should stay an entry level warframe.

b) I don't like it, Devs should revert the changes back, since Excalibur in a way was balanced.

c) Radial blind was a bit too good, but if it has to change, then his skillset should get total rework. Adding more utility to them, to guarantee survivability. Also Line Of Sight detection needs more work, because radial blind in it's current form is a broken mechanic.

CAST YOUR VOTE :

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5411e4f3e4b088456e71bcf4

No ranting in this post.

It is just a poll to see what the community wants and thinks about upcoming changes and the ones now in effect.

You can post ideas that concerns rework of Excalibur skill if You like.

But remember, be fair and polite to other Tenno.

EDIT :

C) has substantial advantage

Edited by tocorro

If the Radial Blind rework must come to pass the rest of Excalibur's skillset needs a rework as well.

Slash Dash - Maybe give it a stun/knockdown like rhino charge.

Radial Blind - Just fix the LOS. If it's in the same room as me and looking in my direction its corneas should burn.

Superjump - Good for mobility, but I have not seen many people who use this skill. Replace it with something new? Heck make Superjump one of those generic frame powers that were talked about in the Design Council a while back.

Radial Javelin - Give it a slight damage buff or a stun/knockdown for some crowd control.

It was indeed a bit too powerfull, but then again, it is the only skill Excal has to keep his ground in high end missions.

I don't mind if the enemies who's heads (and not just their lowerbody) is behind an obstacle don't get affected by the skill, but the "skill in use" cooldown on top of it is a bit too much.

Well, either the "skill in use" cooldown or the line of sight needs to go.

Rebecca said that they have decided to revert the change for now.

Yes, that she did :

Update:

Stay tuned for 14.6.1 where the changes are reverted overall until we can review and explore issues further change attempts.

I think that as a players community we should have votes on major changes in the future (of some changes even the Council is unaware).

I know this is Devs game, but WE are playing it, and it should give us fun to do so, and we should have a simple way to express our thoughts.

Edited by tocorro

Either he needs a revamp or the power needs to be as powerful as it is. Personally I would prefer a revamp as it is simply poor game design to leave him as he is or the way he was. 

That said, the logic they're going with as for why it should not affect enemies behind cover is absolutely absurd. One would assume light that is bright enough to blind someone is not going to be stopped by standing behind cover. Anyone who has used a stun grenade would know this. 

Yes, that she did :

I think that as a players community we should have votes on major changes in the future (of some changes even the Council is unaware).

I know this is Devs game, but WE are playing it, and it should give us fun to do so, and we should have a simple way to express our thoughts.

I would prefer we let the devs and creative team show us the game *they* envisioned while we merely provide feedback.  They can chose to ignore or listen to our feedback, as they likely have long-term plans we are not able to see.  We cannot possibly provide "direct" guidance if we are not in control of finances and the long-term vision.

Edited by Gillityr

Yes for now he is, but he will still get the nerf, or I hope a rework later.

I would prefer we let the devs and creative team show us the game *they* envisioned while we merely provide feedback.  They can chose to ignore or listen to our feedback, as they likely have long-term plans we are not able to see.  We cannot possibly provide "direct" guidance if we are not in control of finances and the long-term vision.

I'm not saying we should guide them, but if something is change then after trying it out in the game we should express in a way as simple as possible if we think it will work.

Hence the idea to make polls - because : "it is too powerful, nerf it" and "it is fine and fun, don't ruin my game" people are not the majority.

Majority are players that wants challenge and fun at the same time and are not scared of changes that are "healthy".

That's my opinion at least.

dont agree with the change at all the game is too buggy to rely on the ability as it stands now...and logic argument... do we need to start a thread exposing the vast amount of stuff that has no logical basis yet is accepted...as gary gygax said.. fun in a game is more important than rules or logic

but itseems pretty clear from watching  dev streams that scott doesnt really care that much what players think about changes he implements...he's right regardless of what players think and that we will eventually come to our  senses and see we were wrong or we can just leave and trash talk the game  scaring off potential customers  ...i mean he's obviously a better judge of whats fun than the people playing the game thats why he works at de and we don't

^ THIS ALL THE WAY!

I'm leaning on C. I like radial blind as is, but only because it's the only ability that excal has that has any kind of late game utility. This one-trick pony mechanic applies to a lot of frames, actually, and a big part of it is that enemies scale well above the vast majority of damage abilities, so you are absolutely reliant on completely broken CC mechanics to survive late game content. I've proposed before a damage mechanic to certain abilities. That being, abilities should have a given base damage, with a percentage of max HP damage added on for late game scaling. This cuts down on needs to rebalance some of the enemies that just become oppressive late game due to sheer soak, while emphasizing that enemy damage scaling is the more important mechanism for difficulty. I've got more ideas to the effect of late game, but that's for another thread.

Radial Blind as it is works, adding LoS detection and whatnot will leave it prone to transient bugs. I mean, this is a blinding light that blinds for a long duration, how about a reduced duration if enemies aren't in LoS, OR (not and, OR, don't want to make the same mistake as with the launcher ammo pools here, pick one OR the other, NOT BOTH) add some sort of punch-through effect that reduces the blind range through walls. Remember, EITHER reduced duration OR limited punch-through, but NOT BOTH if using the LoS approach.

That said, the other abilities need some work:

Slash Dash - it's SLASH dash. How about a forced bleed proc?

Super Jump - haven't used it personally, but it seems to be a lot clunkier than Tail Wind

Radial Javelin - give this some punch-through

If the only change to it was LoS for Radial blind I would have been fine for sure, since it makes a lot of sense to not hit anyone in a different room or behind cover. But, when people say that Radial Blind is op, I find it hard to believe that the person has tried using Excal in a 40min+ void run. At that point, Radial blind only gives breathing room and CC is only as useful as your weapons are strong enough to kill anyone.

But that is just my thoughts on one of my favorite and more used WF for high level areas.

Either he needs a revamp or the power needs to be as powerful as it is. Personally I would prefer a revamp as it is simply poor game design to leave him as he is or the way he was. 

That said, the logic they're going with as for why it should not affect enemies behind cover is absolutely absurd. One would assume light that is bright enough to blind someone is not going to be stopped by standing behind cover. Anyone who has used a stun grenade would know this. 

Upon further review: Developers prove once again that they are pretty smart dudes. Go see Rebecca's new post for explanation: It seems they are striving for realistic realism that is still practical. He should be able to blind the room he's in, just not the nearby Corpus ship on the other side of the planet. I can live with that if it, and that they're looking at Excalibur at all leaves me optimistic that he'll be getting other revisions he very desperately needs.