Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Mr George, Any Plans For Vocals? (+Bonus Questions)

noveltyhero

Hey there,

So I have a question for you guys behind the sound

1.Are there any plans for vocals? It would be really cool, I would love the main theme to have this

It can be implemented as seen below, starting with chants and yeah screams XD

That is apparently Folk Metal and the music is actually quite cool

2.Is there a possibility for fixed songs for very specific moments? Not dynamic but sort of planned out and flat, maybe for cinematics

3.Any plans for more "traditional" instruments? Like the ones in the music above

4.For the main theme of Warframe, can it be redone? The drums redone and have some vocals there as well as maybe an additional instrument or two (if it fits)

Thanks for you hard work! ^^

1- Yes, though they will be subtle.  We do already have some vocals in some of the music.  For example, there is a solo voice in the Archwing Trailer.  Probably won't be doing anything with lyrics though.

2- Possibly, yes.

3- Yes, definitely.

4- Yes, we plan on doing a distinct theme for the game.

1- Yes, though they will be subtle.  We do already have some vocals in some of the music.  For example, there is a solo voice in the Archwing Trailer.  Probably won't be doing anything with lyrics though.

2- Possibly, yes.

3- Yes, definitely.

If anything... have the devs who do the world building tell you what the Tenno language would have sounded like... and add that as a subtle chorus to certain boss battles, the void, or other important areas.

That'd surely blow people's minds and lead to some lyrics-decoding efforts.

Hide some lore in there and you're golden times 20. :D

Edited by Sherbniz

Very noticeable words? Nah.

Ancient tenno chants/grineer or corpus verse that could actually mean something? Alright. (ideal for those who like to decipher their alphabets to have some more lore)

Yep, that is what I meant initially. I always thought what a full lyrical song in Warframe would sound like but nothing came to mind that would fit the game :/

2- Possibly, yes.

3- Yes, definitely.

Thanks a lot! :)

Looking forward to the future

I'd rather not see music with vocals in Warframe. Unless the vocals are used sheerly to enhance atmosphere. 

Yeah I cannot see full vocals with lyrics in the game either but chanting and whatnot fits (as given in the example in OP)