Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Holy Carp! Just What Are We Preparing For Here?

Vorsches

It has seemingly been almost week with these 24h alerts now. Just what are we going up against? Something big, that's for sure. The Lotus has never prepared us Tenno this much in the past, and I fear that what comes next may be a threat greater than any we have seen so far...

I know what we are preparing for.

Something underwhelming, or "disappointing at the end of the day."

I fear they blew their load on the Cryotic event so the next updates/events will be severely lackluster to the majority and the rest who are way too easily impressed and way too easy to please will think of them as Gods.

Also, this week long alert event or whatever is to keep people here while Destiny launched, basically.

Edited by darthdart

Plausible reason for these amazing 24 hr alerts:

It's a set up for an event next week or DE are preparing players for Update 15

Most likely reason:

Destiny.jpg

This.

Probabaly not, and by what i have seen, Warframe shouldnt be afraid of Destiny. I the terms of gameplay value, they are in the same position. Nothing to do once you got over certain progresion point.

Plausible reason for these amazing 24 hr alerts:

It's a set up for an event next week or DE are preparing players for Update 15

Most likely reason:

Destiny.jpg

For what i have seen Destiny hype is already dropping. People are already complaining about repetitiveness.

Looks like were going to have a Warframe-Destiny lore and gameplay super smash brawl crossover battle royale... For the opponents sake they should be getting some "gifts from the lotus" themselves, though their lotus would just shed petals on them. That won't really help.

Probabaly not, and by what i have seen, Warframe shouldnt be afraid of Destiny. I the terms of gameplay value, they are in the same position. Nothing to do once you got over certain progresion point.

But Destiny has PvP that is actually somewhat balanced so it still wins out in the long run.  Plus, I don't see WF players having much of an issue with repetitiveness. 

I just spent this weeks Warframe time grinding it out on Destiny to see what the hype is all about. (Currently a level 10 Titan, which is sorta 1/2 way through to the fun stuff at level 20+)

So far the verdict is that it's just serious Borderlands with Master Chief inserted into it. Not very creative at all.

While Warframe is the "underdog" without the 500 million dollar budget remember...

We have like 2 dozen unique Warframes to choose from, over 100 distinct weapons, melee combat that resembles real world martial arts, sentinels to watch our backs, space dogs... Soon we will fly in space, like Gundam... AND IT GETS BETTER EVERY MONTH!!!

The greatest part? It's all given out to anyone who wants to play for free!

I don't think Warframe needs to worry about Destiny. They are both VERY different games.