Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do I Not Like The Lotus Very Much?

Draconzis

Guest Tehnoobshow

No, Corpus was the "right" choice.

Alad was only experimenting on tenno, and his reasoning for it was to try and find a way to stop the grineer oppression of his people.

The grineer 1. enslaved everyone they captured, 2. wanted the tenno for themselves, to murder them, 3. were attacking a sovereign state.

So the corpus was the "right" choice, but you were allowed to be evil if you wanted to.

Alad was cutting them to pieces and stuffing them into robot dogs. Not exactly good, is it? Also, if we're talking about the "right" choice, as in what we were supposed to do, then it would have been the Grineer, because DE obviously wanted the Grineer to win by giving them skewed rewards.

I never understood her intentions, and I do believe in fact that she's manipulating us in someway. I don't think her choices are completely horrible, I mean we stopped the Grineer from destroying Earth's ecosystem, stopped shipments of weapons to stop continued conflict in the galaxy, and took down hives of infested virus in hopes to stop the contamination of the disease.

But we are never told WHO the Lotus is. We can only assume her intentions are to create peace in the world by stopping the conflict through force, but we are never given the chance to talk to other fractions to try and create peace. We might fight for one side in order to take the other one out. But ultimately we are just senselessly killing Grineer and Corpus members when we attend these missions. We are destroying their spacecrafts, and taking down their entirety.

Yes, it's war. But shouldn't there be negotiations involved? There has yet been an event about peace treaties, or trying to resolve everlasting peace in the solar system. Just violence.

DE has so much back lore, but lacks so much information about what's going on currently in the solar system. Hopefully the Hub world update will shed some light about the galaxy we are playing in.

But utlimately, I want to see Lotus, or have her shed some light of who she is, who she works for, and what her ultimate goal is.

We could simply be fighting a war with the idea of peace, but will end up putting Lotus up on top of leadership and your then faced under a dictatorship under one ruler of the galaxy, with a endless supply of dedicated Tenno under her rule.

What I will call Lotus right now is a perfectionist civil leader. Until we are given more information to say otherwise.

I'd like her more if she wasn't so cold all the time :P

That emotional moment during the tutorial "---.... I thought I lost you, Tenno...."

That was good. That's likeable.

I have no problem "trusting" her. She doesn't seem like someone to lie to us.

About not telling us about our past.....

Well..

MAYBE THAT'S BECAUSE WE HAVEN'T ASKED HER ?! XDDDD

and...

"I would rather serve Alad V"

... No..... no you wouldn't. Believe me. you would not.

I never understood her intentions, and I do believe in fact that she's manipulating us in someway. I don't think her choices are completely horrible, I mean we stopped the Grineer from destroying Earth's ecosystem, stopped shipments of weapons to stop continued conflict in the galaxy, and took down hives of infested virus in hopes to stop the contamination of the disease.

But we are never told WHO the Lotus is. We can only assume her intentions are to create peace in the world by stopping the conflict through force, but we are never given the chance to talk to other fractions to try and create peace. We might fight for one side in order to take the other one out. But ultimately we are just senselessly killing Grineer and Corpus members when we attend these missions. We are destroying their spacecrafts, and taking down their entirety.

Yes, it's war. But shouldn't there be negotiations involved? There has yet been an event about peace treaties, or trying to resolve everlasting peace in the solar system. Just violence.

DE has so much back lore, but lacks so much information about what's going on currently in the solar system. Hopefully the Hub world update will shed some light about the galaxy we are playing in.

But utlimately, I want to see Lotus, or have her shed some light of who she is, who she works for, and what her ultimate goal is.

We could simply be fighting a war with the idea of peace, but will end up putting Lotus up on top of leadership and your then faced under a dictatorship under one ruler of the galaxy, with a endless supply of dedicated Tenno under her rule.

What I will call Lotus right now is a perfectionist civil leader. Until we are given more information to say otherwise.

I think you might like "The Prisoner" which was a 1967 BBC serial starring Patric McGoohan who played "Number 6" - a self retired spy who was immediately abducted, had his memories wiped and now lives in a sea side township always under the watchful eye of "Number 1" ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prisoner

Who are his captors, why was he abducted and how can he get the hell out of there makes for some great psychodrama

Not too different from the Tenno who were supersoldiers (agents) who retired (overthrew the Orokin) and now find themselves with no personal memories and bound to living their lives under the watchful eye of a handler (The Lotus)

Edited by ElHefe

I don't dislike The Lotus, but I don't trust her either.

Lotus symbols all over the place of OROKIN ERA technology, (in void towers and the liset, an orokin era ship).

The same OROKIN that kicked ships filled with kids into the void.

The same OROKIN the Tenno killed because of corruption.

Nuh-uh.

Anyone ever seen a single soldier of Lotus? Why it takes her like 100 waves to ready reinforcement? We have rescued countless VIP and "I am readying reinforcement. Keep fighting Tenno". 100 waves later and I'm like "Where the hell is my reinforcement?"

We're her soldiers. <.<

I don't dislike The Lotus, but I don't trust her either.

Lotus symbols all over the place of OROKIN ERA technology, (in void towers and the liset, an orokin era ship).

The same OROKIN that kicked ships filled with kids into the void.

The same OROKIN the Tenno killed because of corruption.

Nuh-uh.

Actually, the orokin claimed they did no such thing as ships with kids.

Which suggests, then, that the ships acquired children while in the void. Which would make a lot more sense in the realm of other things we know.

I have a new theory: Through dialogue, I can tell she is desperately trying to hold onto the old ways. Such as one of the reasons she give of why we must kill Alad V and his Zanuka is because the Tenno power is sacred. I think she may be trying to shape the solar system into something similar to the Orokin era laws and ways, but the Corpus and Grineer are standing in the way. So she awakens the Tenno, wipes their memories just in case they do not wish to serve her, and sends them off to do their bidding.

On a side topic, if you managed to scan the Stalker for the codex three times, you get a tiny shred of light on his past. It provides very few crucial details, but what I believe I can get from it is that, in the past at least, the Tenno were exactly ninja heroes of the solar system.

Why I like the Lotus:

I came out of a cryopod with no memory of what came before, into a group of people who want to take me apart to try to figure out how I work. The Lotus saved me from that.

The other major faction in this solar system *also* wants to take me apart, but this time for profit.

For either of these factions, I'm either a pile of parts or a research subject.

I am neither of these things. I am an entity with a very particular set of skills. Skills that make me a nightmare for anyone who sets themselves against me. But all I am good at is killing.

The Lotus gives me a direction. The Lotus gives me purpose.

For that, I would follow her into the jaws of  hell.

- Valkyr!Tharrick

Actually, the orokin claimed they did no such thing as ships with kids.

Which suggests, then, that the ships acquired children while in the void. Which would make a lot more sense in the realm of other things we know.

If you're referring to this:

The old woman gestured for the officer to take Kaleen away. The meeting was over. When Kaleen reached the door she twisted out of his grip and shot back, 'Why would you do that? Why did you put children on military ship?'

'We didn't. That would violate procedure.'
Then I always understood that as an "official statement", a lie to cover up what they've done.
Edited by Shifted