Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Rage+Quickthinking Fix

Quill.Onkko

some devstream ago the devs talked about aligning ur mods in a certain way will grant u an extra power or an ability , so i wanted to suggest a solution for the rage + quick thinking problem.

when ur energy pool reaches 0 and health reaches 2 if u have both rage and quick thinking equipped they will give u a 5 second invulnerability , this ability has a 5 min cooldown so it can be activated again automatically.

p3AbSAp.png

I hate it how DE nerf everything now. Thanks you to the one who scream nerf and probably have 8 forma on each piece of they equipment..

edit: sorry, just frustrated a little about Excalibur. Honestly, I wish DE would stop adding new content and rework everything!

Edited by Ninjamander

I hate it how DE nerf everything now. Thanks you to the one who scream nerf and probably have 8 forma on each piece of they equipment..

edit: sorry, just frustrated a little about Excalibur. Honestly, I wish DE would stop adding new content and rework everything!

That's what the nerfing entails... reworking of everything. 

i feel u bro

Be careful what you wish for. Most of the "nerfs" are the result of reworks.

thats exactly how it used to work i dunno what they changed about it in u14.6.0

It used to be able to take into factor of the "damage to health converted to energy" while getting direct damage to energy at 2 hp before. Now the change is that at 2 hp, your energy is the one taking full damage and Rage doesn't give energy while you get hit anymore.

How about, this mod combination goes back to how it was a week ago.

Now it's basically a glorified Vitality that gets you killed the moment you step into the radius of a shock eximus.

And I don't know how the old one was overpowered, I could use Rage + QT on a max Energy Loki Prime with max efficiency, and 30 minutes into T4S I would die if I stood in place for more than 8 seconds.

the question is what really works after 30 mins in survivals now ? when I posted about DE taking all the fun out of warframe you know the stuff that drew us in and we enjoyed, I get all sorts of flack. Mods just don't work as they should  compared to the enemies damage  and the amount you have to battle  in the current system, especially if you are a soloist.

How about, this mod combination goes back to how it was a week ago.

It was OP as you could tank lvl100 T3 mobs.

The current (or pre U14) version is weak tho. Some middle ground would be better, otherwise why use this expensive mod instead of Vitality, makes sense only on Trinity.

Edited by Monolake

Now it's basically a glorified Vitality that gets you killed the moment you step into the radius of a shock eximus.

And I don't know how the old one was overpowered, I could use Rage + QT on a max Energy Loki Prime with max efficiency, and 30 minutes into T4S I would die if I stood in place for more than 8 seconds.

Now imagine constantly moving while invisible

Chances of dying drop a bit dont they?

the question is what really works after 30 mins in survivals now ? when I posted about DE taking all the fun out of warframe you know the stuff that drew us in and we enjoyed, I get all sorts of flack. Mods just don't work as they should  compared to the enemies damage  and the amount you have to battle  in the current system, especially if you are a soloist.

The thing is the way Warframe is going they want everyone to play Loki or Ash if you don't want to get insta-gibbed by higher level enemies. Maybe Valkyr, but 100 energy for 30 seconds is kind of expensive.

Of course people are whining about Hysteria too for literally no good reason so don't expect that to last.

Edited by Arabaxus

The thing is the way Warframe is going they want everyone to play Loki or Ash if you don't want to get insta-gibbed by higher level enemies. Maybe Valkyr, but 100 energy for 30 seconds is kind of expensive.

Of course people are whining about Hysteria too for literally no good reason so don't expect that to last.

Literally?

I can list 4 that you cant disprove

Thats not balanced

Thats borken and underpowered at the same time

Its low risk/low reward in the worst nwayt possible

@OP

Valkyr with QT+rage can face tank lvl 30-40 effortlessly with unranked weaponry without touching lifestrike

Around 40+ youll occasionally life strike for HP

Theres no challenge for her unbeatable defense until enemies get close to 70, where youll find yourself using roll to avoid QT stun and even then the enemies take so long to kill you even with you being entirely locked in stun that valkyr plays her role perfectly

With half decent CC shes a top contender for lvl 100 enemies with melee alone

With trinity noone will die

Hysteria needs a change but valkyr is definitely in a good place without it holding her back

1. Rhino and Iron Skin can face-tank level 30-40 enemies. Invis and Smokescreen provide you effective invincibility for all levels. Blade Storm provides invincibility for the duration of the ability. Absorb provides invincibility for the duration of the ability. Undertow provides invincibility for the duration of the ability. Invincibility duration, even for extremely high level enemies is not exclusive to Valkyr. Hysteria used to be useless because it would give you a base 300 damage melee which would scale horrendously bad. Now Hysteria does good melee damage and is a good "contender for level 100 enemies with melee alone" because you cannot shoot with Hysteria active, and very few firearms and melee weapons contend against level 100 enemies in the first place. 

Your whole argument seems to revolve removing invincibility and making Hysteria "not suck", when it does extremely respectable damage and has fantastic utility as it is currently. Meanwhile, you claim it's "press 4 to win" while claiming its useless or how there are better alternatives. Here's evidence:

Bleeding willow melee

Its a better option than hysteria

All the more reason not to use it

Considering the entire conversation was about hysteria . . .

Im just adding to the list of why hysteria is bad

Such struggle

Valkyr can gun until lvl 35-40 and not even need life strike or ES to sustain energy

She can also go to 50 with only occasional life strikes or none at all if you avoid being hit often

Anything 50-70 you can safely melee spam with LS and roll out of QT locks

After 80 things get tough and youll have to know what youre doing or get slaughtered

At 90+ you should be using choke points to cut enemy fire down or relying on ally CC, as valkyr has none of her own, to tank further

If you dont use choke points or have good CC you will die

Valkyr doesnt need hysteria

It slows her down

Considering valkyr is one of the least effective ranged combatants in the game this isnt saying much

Pure melee valkyr>gun valkyr

I'm glad to see that you are coming with the assumption that everyone has completed, min-maxed builds and/or is going for extremely long haul survivals.

Here, have a list of what appears to be blatant hypocrisy, to include the previous statement.

Its a better option than hysteria

All the more reason not to use it

Im just adding to the list of why hysteria is bad

Hysteria is press 4 to win

God mode = cant lose except for defense where shed do little better without hysteria

Nova is even worse but thats another subject

Plus you made a typo. It should say:

"All the more reason for me not to use it"

It may be better for you if you have Quick Thinking, Rage, and all these fantastic maxed out mods that fit your own play-style, but newsflash: other people play differently.

P.S. You read up: I've talked about this before already. 

It's fun, enjoyable, and frankly worth it if not imbalanced. It's this kind of argument that tends to destroy a lot of unbalanced, but enjoyable things.

So no, I'm not in favor of changing this. The trend is showing that Digital Extremes continues to nerf Warframes so they scale even worse then they already do, for example, Frost Snow Globe and Nyx Absorb.

We've already sacrificed a lot of things, while ignoring the rights of players who enjoyed said things, for the sake of a whiny minority screaming and crying for "balance". Frankly it's already bad enough. 

If you wish to redact any previous statements, better late than never.

To make a long argument short

The build i had in that video could be done almost without a single forma and get just as far

In fact my girlfriend used a copy build without forma and reached 60 minutes with me

The friend that invited me to warframe did the same and we reached 65 minutes

Keep in mind this is no forma Valkyr

Your damage output and potential DPS drop dramatically from losing status procs,AoE dmg,AoE proc boosts, and side bonuses such as berserker and extra combo multiplier damage from attack speed boosts

Youre literally gimping yourself in damage for a god mode thats only useful for easy missions or reviving fallen allies

DE trashes both QT+Rage and Life strike, which are vital parts of my Valkyr dual ichor build. Not only that they also only put up an ugly armor set and call it "tenno reinforcement". !4.6.0 is garbage

harkonar is the best armor ever the first armor that makes ur warframe really look different imo

Edited by ameeroz

To make a long argument short

The build i had in that video could be done almost without a single forma and get just as far

In fact my girlfriend used a copy build without forma and reached 60 minutes with me

The friend that invited me to warframe did the same and we reached 65 minutes

Keep in mind this is no forma Valkyr

Your damage output and potential DPS drop dramatically from losing status procs,AoE dmg,AoE proc boosts, and side bonuses such as berserker and extra combo multiplier damage from attack speed boosts

Youre literally gimping yourself in damage for a god mode thats only useful for easy missions or reviving fallen allies

You continue to presume the only things players care about is DPS and long-haul survival missions. Other people enjoy other things, where they can use Hysteria and not need things like Life Strike, QT, Rage, near topped Vitality and Steel Fiber.

Plus with this statement you clearly invalidate yourself claiming Hysteria is broken and needs rebalancing.