Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Fix - Just Do Something

Shizzuie

Taxes are a problem for the DS, sadly a minor one.

As stated earlier by another Tenno, we have an in-game Cartel (not monopoly), which quite literally "dictates the rules" in the DSectors.

Next we have that MOBA-esque PvP system, quite literally foisted upon a clearly PvE oriented content. That by it's own is really, really big issue. NEVER EVER mess PvP and PvE. It might seem good on paper, but ends up on the Highway to Disasterland as it is our case.

About my statement above and inspired by a comment from another Tenno, I must add that even the Idea of PvP being "End game content" is ridiculous, especially in a PvE oriented game. PvP is just a branch, that goes side by side with PvE, but in PvP such as the one we have now there's no sign of "end game", since we don't really have any sort of cosmetics/weapons/frames/whatever to show whether a PvP player is new or a Hardcore vet.

It's funny, however that PvP DSector battles are currently more rewarding than anything PvE part of the DS could offer.

In the end, I have this to say: taxes are taxes, good or bad, but what we need is for to PvP to not be part of a PvE content.

Those are my two cents.

Not in the mood to go on. But one of the alliances that is taxing 75% on there rails allways has 40-100k battlepay, each with around 20-40m in the reserves.

So no, it doesnt take 24h for you to have that kind of resources, along with the turrets they put on the defense layout, and so forth.

About manners, if you are offended by me calling you childish, mate, grow up. By gettin annoyed about it, just proves Im right :)

Implying that you get resources and the xp bonus when you do pvp?

Edited by Shizzuie

Dark sector is a total failure. It failed so hard that I would rather ignore it existent than trying to find a way to fix it.

To be honest, putting a part of the endgame to the hands of the community is not a good idea in the first place.

I disagree... giving some endgame control to the community is a great idea. It shows that us players are not merely pawns and we can affect the warframe galaxy with our actions. This is the reason I joined this game. 

The end game here is not "grind... grind.... grind". It is galactic domination!

Red

Well considering this is DE's End game I think that's a horrible idea and should be looked down upon as a community of players looking to have fun.

By the way, where do you think those resources are going? Because I can tell you now that its not towards research or anything that betters their clan.

Not research ...... transmute!

That's where all that money is going into. 

Next time when you look for a rare mod on the trading chat and someone asks you 100+ platinum for it, you will understand where all those tax money are going into.

Dark Sectors are hardly a proper endgame and everyone here knows this.  I've heard what the design proposal was for "Solar Rails" and what we have now is not that.

At all.

On top of that, even if this was their decided-upon form of this manner of 'endgame', it's utterly broken.  Battle Pay tickets can run out for someone mid-match, denying then any form of reward for victory.  Let's not even get started on the utter and complete lack of balance for abilities that, in PvE are fine, but in PvP, destroy a game (Bladestorm, Pull, Tempest Barrage, etc).  On top of that, the removal of the PvE system, which worked FINE when it started, only alienates a good chunk of the playerbase.

Not everyone who's endgame wants to waste their time on a half-baked PvP, almost MOBA-style game match.

Taxes I could deal with, if the system for trying to change things (by taking Rails away from people) wasn't such a mess.

If I charge tax to sustain a node, I am greedy because I put the needs of my clan/alliance above that of the average player.

If I do not opt in to DS conflicts because I do not want to play that game mode, I am greedy because I want all of my end mission credit reward and I do not want the people that opt in to this content to be able to sustain via taxes.

Given the current set up of taxes you are both right and you are both wrong.

Naturally those who want to be successful at keeping a node want to be able to charge any % of tax possible in an effort to do so.

Naturally those who do not care about clan/alliance warfare want the tax as low as it could possibly be. After all they do not play during DS conflicts and dont collect battle pay so in essence they have everything to lose and nothing to gain.

The Solution

• Create a reason for players to visit low traffic nodes. (This way they would have the capability of being sustained with a low-mid tax)
  • Create a sliding tax scale with direct benefits and caveats.(offer another form of reward to soften the blow of receiving less credits)

I have discussed both of these depth in the link below

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/310445-dark-sectors-the-purpose-the-politics-the-pvp-part-i-the-purpose/

Edited by -ExT-Skitz0