The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Red Crit

Ninjamander

Question

What are they? How they work? After playing Warframe for so long I'm still unsure what they are and how to get them.

Some people told me is basically a critical shot inside your critical shot? (critical build weapon with over 100% for example), other told me it depend if you hit a enemy weak-spot and other say is related to Warframe ability.

I am honestly lost and I was wondering if anyone in this forum know about those and how they work.

I apologize for my grammar in advance, English is not my native language =/

11 answers to this question

Any weapon that can use point strike and have natural 40% crit chance has chance for red crit.
40+40*1,5=100% crit chance

If you use crical delay with point strike , natural 33 is not enough for 100% :L

x+x*1,5+x*0,48=100% crit ?
Don't have calculator next to me.
34+34*1,5+34*0,48=101.32

not much weapons :

dread amprex synapse paris prime cernos

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapon_Comparison

5 weapons only for red crits from primary :L   

Edited by Agullimux

^ u forgot the 50% crit of the amprex on every bullet @@

so .. i dont think the red crit appear anywhere else but weapon with 100%+ crit chance. All other like head-shot or banshee skill is still a yellow crit, just a multiplier on damage deal. But sure that use a red crit weap+ banshee skill +headshot = insant damage number @@ 

Edited by FireSegment

Specifically the damage done by a red crit has twice the damage bonus of a yellow crit.

For example, if you had a 4.4x modifier, (which is really +3.4x damage on a yellow crit) a red crit will do 7.8x base damage.

Because i'm sometimes ignorant i though  i had 8,8x and wondered where dmg disappears.

Always though resist and dmg negation thing affected dmg that much on low levels also. x.x

You can think of it as (4.4 * 2) -1, the -1 because the base damage doesn't double again.

I like to think of it as 1+3.4+3.4, etc adding the critical bonus again.

Either way gets you to 7.8x

All damage mitigation and amplification on a crit is the same as a non-crit, with the addition that critical headshots gain the multiplier twice, dealing 4x instead of 2x damage. This bonus is not compounded on red-crits (it's still 4x).

Edited by Darzk