Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De's New Ninja Intern!

[DE]Danielle

Welcome to the forums!  Also, I see that you have not picked an absoultely-positively-100%-professional-and-necessary-administratively-significant user picture yet.

I will make the prediction that the one you end up using will include a cat or some reference to cats.  Considering the internet as a whole, I'd say my chances are about 50%.

Who me? Of course not. 

giphy.gif

Now we have 4 fantastics. \o/

Help me out, please. Who (or what) are we talking about?

meangirls.gif

Took me too long to figure out what she's saying - partly because I suck at lip-reading and partly because the translation ... leaves much to be desired ("Geh sofort an deinen Platz" - "Go back to your seat immediately").

Nope, he's a 9gagger, all 9Gaggers are male until proven female

cMgTdiz.gif

Aaanyway ... welcome, Danielle, I hope you have a great time. :)

You should make a surprise appearance on the next stream and introduce yourself.
Edited by Bibliothekar

And that concept of ninjas, best I can figure, came about to appeal to a western audience. But, eh, what do I know?

well from what im seeing nowadays about "ninjas" they can pretty much do anything or be anyone now... can be an 8 foot tall 600 pound brick wall and be called a ninja while wielding magic.

just slap the ninja name on it and it now is officially a ninja.

ive always known ninjas as assassins who use cunning and stealth with great skill in melee and range combat.

ive only read one series of books where a type of magic was involved with ninjas that made sense only because of how it was described in the functionality of it all Was called the night angel trilogy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Night_Angel_Trilogy

Hello Danielle! I hope you enjoy your time at DE, and don't become to afraid of the forums.

No, I am NEVER going to do coding again.

But... but... sitting at a computer all day working on code is so much fun and rewarding when you figure out that bug you have been chasing for the past half hour is due to a misplaced and/or missing parens or semicolon.

you mean the guy who gave us the kubrow ble...i mean the lotus adoption service??? can it be called that?

there actualy getting vented into space oh ordis you sneaky corrupt program. assassinate ordis instead :D or fix him... to be a psychopathic corpus/grineer killer. >;D

well from what im seeing nowadays about "ninjas" they can pretty much do anything or be anyone now... can be an 8 foot tall 600 pound brick wall and be called a ninja while wielding magic.

just slap the ninja name on it and it now is officially a ninja.

ive always known ninjas as assassins who use cunning and stealth with great skill in melee and range combat.

ive only read one series of books where a type of magic was involved with ninjas that made sense only because of how it was described in the functionality of it all Was called the night angel trilogy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Night_Angel_Trilogy

Aye, historically there's a much stronger correlation between stealth and subtlety than there is with the modern ninja, but from a westerner, pop-culture-modernized view of the term I think of ninjas as characters who rely on agility, skill, and dexterity to some degree and being unstoppable through the implementation of that - over your typical macho-man barbarian brute strength. Now, a number of Warframes tend to seem to fall OUT of this category, but at the same time things like the parkour and combo system are enough for me to consider every Warframe that's been designed thus far (yes, even Rhino) ninja enough to be ninja.

But, that's just me, and everyone's got their own take on what should and should not be considered certain things.

Aye, historically there's a much stronger correlation between stealth and subtlety than there is with the modern ninja, but from a westerner, pop-culture-modernized view of the term I think of ninjas as characters who rely on agility, skill, and dexterity to some degree and being unstoppable through the implementation of that - over your typical macho-man barbarian brute strength. Now, a number of Warframes tend to seem to fall OUT of this category, but at the same time things like the parkour and combo system are enough for me to consider every Warframe that's been designed thus far (yes, even Rhino) ninja enough to be ninja.

But, that's just me, and everyone's got their own take on what should and should not be considered certain things.

Oh no doubt I have more ts in this game with how it functions with some of the warframes where it feels like I'm being a ninja in the complete aspect of it. Other times I just feel like I'm being taken on a run and gun tour.

I enjoy warframe none the less. I just don't feel the subtlety, stealth, cunning and skill.

Well hey there Tenno!

Some of you may have noticed me sneaking in some surprise ninja posts all of a sudden and I thought I should introduce myself! My name is Danielle (DEDanielle) and I’m the new Community Intern at Digital Extremes. I’ll be working with the DE team until the snowy perils of December, when everything starts to look a little like a Corpus Outpost. As a lover of all things Warframe, I’m looking forward to working with all of the Tenno who continue to make it extraordinary.

Space ninjas unite! 

Another nintern enters the Coffee House.

*sip*

we shall she what she does.

*sip*