Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Best Kubrow Breed?

_Azeizel

Question

For combat: Sunika

For utility: Raksa

For nothing: Sahasa

For stealth: Huras

Disagree, Sahasa and Sunika tie in terms of combat while Sahasa provides a slightly better utility (Dig). Sunika Unleashed is pretty much useless in most scenarios and needed to be changed

You're the one who said Sahasa is good for nothing >.>

Well to me it is. 

Carrier is a way better option than a Sahasa (this is coming from someone who hates carriers)

Also, I wasn't trying to sound rude or anything. What I said was my own opinion and what you said is your own.

Well to me it is. 

Carrier is a way better option than a Sahasa (this is coming from someone who hates carriers)

Also, I wasn't trying to sound rude or anything. What I said was my own opinion and what you said is your own.

Carrier and Sahasa aren't really the same. Carrier sucks up resources, while Sahasa digs/makes them.

Well if that's the case, we too (Tenno) are similar to Carrier/ Sahasa because we also can get resources. stop being so petty

We're only focusing on Carrier and Sahasa here and so what? We are similar. But we aren't a tool that can help us gather more of them. 

Sahasa needs to dig up 1 thing and then go dig up another.

By the time they dug it up, the carrier has already gathered at least 5 pieces of resources from the ground.

Disagree, Sahasa and Sunika tie in terms of combat while Sahasa provides a slightly better utility (Dig). Sunika Unleashed is pretty much useless in most scenarios and needed to be changed

Unleashed needs to have an enemy priority system where it targets enemies like heavies, as it currently only targets bosses and capture targets.

We're only focusing on Carrier and Sahasa here and so what? We are similar. But we aren't a tool that can help us gather more of them. 

By the time they dug it up, the carrier has already gathered at least 5 pieces of resources from the ground.

Have you seen Dig in action? Dig can dig up multiple things at once, thus causing an explosion of useful stuff

I'd go with Sahasa. Their massive health pool makes them a walking tank, especially with both Health and Armor Links. Plus, they deal some seriously heavy damage with Ferocity. I've had mine save my hide plenty of times by tackling down a Gunner that was about to kill me.

Also, Dig is a lot better than people give it credit for. It gives free ammo, energy, and/or health, all depending on what you need (up to 3 drops of each).

Unleashed needs to have an enemy priority system where it targets enemies like heavies, as it currently only targets bosses and capture targets.

Wrong, Unleashed currently works on Capture targets only. The thing on bosses is part of the execution precept present in both the Sunika and Sahasa.

Have you ever actually used a Sahasa? They (well mine) dig up tons of crap at once. Orbs, credits, ammo, potentially mods (from what I've been told). Carrier sucks up pre-existing loot, Sahasas spawn in extra loot. From a loot standpoint the Sahasa is clearly superior. From a lazy looter prespective, carrier is superior.

For combat: Sunika

For utility: Raksa

For nothing: Sahasa

For stealth: Huras

What? In combat the Sahasa can do everything the Sunika can+spawn loot. The sunika's one unique precept only works on capture targets and that is made redundant due to its other precept (the one it shares with the Sahasa) being basically the same thing if the kubrow doesn't immediately kill its target with the added benefit of not being restricted to capture targets.

Sunika= Kubrow with redundant precepts.

Raksa= Guardian on steriods.

Huras= Shade 2.0

Sahasa= Sunika+Loot spawning-Redundancy

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Sunika is definitely at the bottom of the list for me as well. Even if it took down a capture target automatically, unless I'm running countless Void Capture, there is literally zero use for it. 

Have to say Raksa is my top pick since it at least has the Guardian ability, something I always have equipped and a great lifesaver. Sahasa has some nice item spawns with a leveled precept though.

Not to be rude but i think most people build and then add kubrows on the end rather than build around the kubrow. In terms of combat Huras is the strongest. We can debate the cc aspect but in terms of killing mobs Hunt puts the other abilities to shame. Not only is it multi target (straight line) but knocks down and hits harder than both ferocity and savagery. 

Sunika is nice but since it can get caught in the animation it has limited usefulness in higher content. Sahasa's Dig is not useless but it really isn't that useful either. In most cases it will not be the most impactful contribution. Raksa is great. The shield restore of protect is very good. Howl on the other hand can make combat is bit tedious.

The reason I place Huras as the best kubrow is based more on what I need it to do. It has strong damage and with the right build (*cough* Excal RB *cough*) it wont mist hunt. If you add a stealth multiplier it hits like a truck and then some. It is the only kubrow that can potentially hit a flying target (through hunt). The stealth is useful and has a massive range. While the cd is a bit long but, in terms of just keep you stealth it does wonder in clutch situation (life support ran out, need a breather, etc.)

Now mind you I have 6 forma in my sunika and huras. I may not know as much as others but imho the only kubrow that possibly makes up for the utility I lose in not carrying sentinel (in terms of DPS, range, and usefulness) is the Huras. Now dependent upon your build a kubrow may be useless to you or Huras won't fit in it. So what I say has a grain of salt. There is no one size fits all for companions.

In the end: They both allow you to get resources.

There's no difference other than the method they get it.

Not really.

Carrier only works if there are resources already existing on the ground nearby.

Sahasa spawns new resources where there are none.

Thus with a Sahasa, your total amount of resources available is greater than with any other companion. Different role from a Carrier. Carrier is utility for something you already get even without him. Sahasa increases the resources available to you.

By the time my Sahasa has dug up resources, I've already collected everything around me with or without a Sahasa. The key here is that the Sahasa isn't attached to you, and you can go off collecting things while it is digging. Therefore, Sahasa can only be a net plus to what you collect, and Carrier can never be better than Sahasa in that regard.

Edited by Ashnal

Sahasa is the best for survival. It spawns personal life support (LOL at the dude who compared it to carrier). Of course, if you do not plan long survival runs, you can go with anything.

Raksa is the best for people who suck at avoiding incoming damage.

Sunika is the best for the lazy people who go capturing stuff.

Huras is the best for people who can't go invisible, but always wanted to.

Edited by SeaUrchins