Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could We Have Primes Made Of Different Metals, Please?

Acanthaceae

I'm a goldsmith in real life and I'd love to see some other metals -- silver, copper, titanium even?  I won't get into green gold, rose gold, and purple gold.  (Google them if you're curious.)

I would just love more customization options for our pretty Primes.  :)  Take my money!

Though I'm all for variety, gold is kind of the "symbol" that all Primes share. I try to think of it this way: All these warframes were built directly by the Orokin. They would probably want them to have some sort of matching symbol that showcases their rank. Having different metals would denote different ranks.

Both "oro" and "kin" means "gold", in different languages though.

Though you could also explain it as "gold-kin", so family of gold, kin to gold, or related to gold in the sense of supriority and value.

Nnghg, on topic though, I feel like gold is kind of the symbol for Orokin, so different metals would throw this off balance. Look at the towers! They're stunningly decorated with gold. It wouldn't be right.

I think it would be a good idea to have new gold tints mentioned unlocked each time you forma your prime frame (or weapon) which could be matched by each of the tiers in the void. T1 - the gold colour we are familiar with now. T2, green. T3, blue. T4, purple. Something along those lines.

It would still be all gold, but would allow more customization. Good idea, OP.