The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Rewards Need Some Tweaking In My Opinion (Change Suggestions Included *updated*)

Xarfrax

I think they should just remove platinum discounts altogether from login rewards. It's actually hugely detrimental to the company as people don't buy platinum and instead wait in the hopes that someday they will get a discount. 

I assume they have the data on this.  Console players don't get discounts on plat. So, they can probably compare the chances a PC player will buy plat after receiving a discount compared to the rate at which console players will randomly purchase plat.  

Not getting discounts aside, the experience rewards are the most irksome.  I noticed on a second character I was getting a steady stream of sentinel/sent-weapon affinity.  The second character doesn't even have a Sentinel constructed.  Even if it's for an weapon/frame/whatever that isn't max level... the experience amount is so small as to be negligible.  You either feel like it's wasted (if you're at max), or like you got a literal meaningless "drop" in the bucket if it's not.

I think they should just remove platinum discounts altogether from login rewards. It's actually hugely detrimental to the company as people don't buy platinum and instead wait in the hopes that someday they will get a discount. 

I doubt it, we "peasants" are mere crumbs when compared to Founders and Prime Access buyers. Usually those are the players that support the company and who can afford it and they usually tend to buy all the packs, worth 1000's of dollars in total.

It wouldn't hurt their company, now it's money on my bank, not theirs to get the interest over it.

More discounts would hurt the in-game economy since more plat means the value of it goes down, people spend more, ask more and eventually you'll get silly prices like 10p for an unranked Ammo Drum. 

In the end, the game is still in Beta and they're still balancing things out so we'll see what the live version of the game will bring.

Still i'd have a lot more reasons to continue playing if i could actually afford playing it without spending more than the price of a "full game"

I do wish a plat discount to pop, not the 75% one but the 50%, but until now i got only sentinel xp, weapon xp, sentinel weapon xp and then repeat the process. This month i got 2 glaives and one gorgon that I already have. Not playing a day just to reset the rewards seems to me a bit... wrong. There should be a bigger incentive for players that log in everyday. I know a lot of games that do that. Right now I have only one thing to do: Pray to the RNG gods to smile upon me each day i login.

RNG gods from the vast world of beyond, hear my voice and grant me your blessing!

Edited by Desertwind

My recommendation for login rewards would be to make it a point-based reward accrual system.

When you log in for the day you get  7 "Favor of the Lotus" points. Plus 1 point per day per consecutive login day (8 on day 2, 9 on day 3), up to a maximum of 14 per day if you have logged in regularly for a week.

These Favor points are used in a special area of the Marketplace to trade for things like short-term boosters, credits, fusion core packs, platinum discounts, blueprints, and possibly even more permanent rewards like special cosmetics ("Mark of the Devoted" badge?)

This makes the entire system non-random, gives players a choice of what they actually want, and more clearly rewards players for signing in regularly.

Higher chances at t4 keys would be great -> something endgame to do when you log in. In time this reward will also seem dull'ish though.

Double exp-affinity/credit boosters that last 1 to 1 and 1/2 hours (basically a play session) would be far more beneficial than 2500 exp or 10k credits to a player that logged in 7 days in a row. (note keeps players playing-> farsighted thought, players may achieve all their gaming goals within WF too quickly.

Perhaps coupons (or points like momaw's suggestion) to purchase in game obtainable cosmetics like any alt helm. This would be appealing to newer players-not so much for me since I think i have it all. With that said, I think the newer players are the best target for a revised in game loggin rewards and is best for the game's growth.

Momaw's post above #34 is a pretty good one too, but I think some randomness is a good thing. Perhaps giving the choice to substitute rewards you have no interest in for these points.

I wouldn't be a fan of free plat or drastically increasing catalyst chances - it's important players feel the need to donate to DE.

Edited by Quizel

I would appreciate a better login table for 30+ days, for sure. It doesn't even have to include Prime parts or anything like that, but if I make it to the holy counter of 100+ days in a row, somethin' good should pop. ^_^ It could even be weird and strange stuff, like:

-1/2 cost (or time) to build the next item in the Foundry

-Random credits/resources gifted to your dojo

-1 hour booster

-Free fully built Xx level Specter

-Even more vaulted weapons (Snipetron, etc)

-Arcane helmets (pretty please?)

-Golem Nav Coordinates

-Those Vey Hek beacons

-1 guaranteed rare mod drop on next mission

-Trade tax-free day

-Trade normally-untradeable-things day (not starter plat, etc, but like regular WF parts and stuff)

-Primed Chamber mod gift (one-time dealio)

-Kubrow Imprints, colors, patterns, Incubator Cores, etc.

-Sentinel parts and skins.

-Color Pallets, 1 color at a time.

-Vor Bobblehead for the Liset. (or any other enemy bobblehead)

-Infinite auto-Maglev-for-your-Frame day. :D

-100% auto-Retribution-proc-for-your-Frame day. :D

-Void reward tables start at the B-Rotation, day.

-Extractors give double the resources or have a higher % for the rares.

-Sentinels and Kubrows are twice as useful for 3 missions.

-1 extra revive.

-Protection from the Stalker, G3, and Harvester for 3 missions.

-The Lotus loves you! Your abilities are twice as effective for 3 missions.

-Old limited time skins (like the Halloween skins, the Easter color pallet, or the Candy Cane)

-The next 3 mod fusions will not cost any credits.

-Can temporarily rename planets, planetoids, the dojo, the Void, and the Derelict. (1 week length)

-A bag of assorted goodies. (credits, random resources, an uncommon mod, and 1 plat) XD

-Legendary Core (Mastery Rank 15, minimum)

Oh boy, I could continue with random things. <3

I would appreciate a better login table for 30+ days, for sure. It doesn't even have to include Prime parts or anything like that, but if I make it to the holy counter of 100+ days in a row, somethin' good should pop. ^_^ It could even be weird and strange stuff, like:

-1 hour booster

-Golem Nav Coordinates

-Those Vey Hek beacons

-Trade tax-free day

-Trade normally-untradeable-things day (not starter plat, etc, but like regular WF parts and stuff)

-1 extra revive.

-Old limited time skins (like the Halloween skins, the Easter color pallet, or the Candy Cane)

-Can temporarily rename planets, planetoids, the dojo, the Void, and the Derelict. (1 week length)

-A bag of assorted goodies. (credits, random resources, an uncommon mod, and 1 plat) XD

Well, You made me gigle like an idiot. 

There are a lot of good ideas overall.

But IMO the best would be the following:

Replace all Afinity rewards with 30-60 minute Afinity boosters to that. (Primary afinity booster, Frame afinity booster etc.) And allow the player to select when you use them. (May be too good)

Better rewards for subsequent logins for more than 7 days.

Forma, and forma BP, Orokin cells, tower keys. 

Helmet blueprints, 

So yeah, as AandOE and some others have said you can go for quite of long time with this.

a lot of the things in the log in rewards are worthless to a lot of players, but you have to take them in order to play the game. i think they should add a "decline" button along with the "accept" button so that if something pops up you don't need or want, you can decline it and get credits or something in it's place. i know a lot of people think even credits are useless, but at least you can eventually use them for something.

-1 hour booster

-Golem Nav Coordinates

-Those Vey Hek beacons

-Trade tax-free day

-1 extra revive.

It great list for DE to look through for sure.  I think affinity and credit boosters are definite to replace the item xp. I love the color pallets and other cosmetic items as login rewards but not sure if that DE would add those.  

I've been logging in every day for the last month or so and today's reward was 2 400 primary weapons xp...

They really need to add a 30 days reward and a 90 days reward. Especially since it is hard to keep up. Just requires that one day you were doing something and forgot to login.

XP rewards, as everyone else has mentioned, feel useless because they tend to be for something you don't have (sentinel) or for something you've already maxxed out.  Not to mention the amount is fairly laughable for a once a day thing.  Resources and credits can at least be applied to builds/research, even in small amounts.  I would be completely behind adding neurodes or other rare resources instead since every recipe seems to use them. 

The BP rewards should vary a lot more.  I've got three Dual Zoren BP's in my inventory and nothing to do but sell them since I've already maxed that weapon.  Since I could've gotten it on the market anyway, it feels like even more of a waste to login and see it as a possiblity compared to something that's login-only like the Gorgon.  Rather than give out one-and-done recipes like that, give out consumables or consumable BP's we would want to use or build more than once.

Given the sheer number of mods and the ways we have to recycle them (fusion, transmutation) I'm surprised that I don't see them as rewards.  Toss in the ultra-rares with a good number of uncommons, but leave out the ability mods.  Most of us will find something to use them for, even if it's just to power up a mod we actually use. 

One coupon I would love to see as a login reward would allow us to rush any build for free, one-time use only.  Make exceptions for builds that take longer than 24hrs if you like to preserve the time sink, but just the chance to make a weapon immediately would be enough to bring a lot more people into the game regularly. 

I could probably count the number of times I've gotten something relevant from the daily login on one hand.

It's kinda silly, but one thing that really bothers me about the login reward, is that it pretends it's some sort of roulette, spinning through the options before landing on one randomly. Except... I swear it changes for each reward. If I see a Platinum discount when it's going through, I will get one. Likewise, the first time I finally got a forma, I wasn't recognizing the items/order of the items leading up to it stopping.

I mean, whether it chooses the item then shows you a fancy graphic, or legitimately shows it spinning through options before settling on one, it's still equally random, but it just hammers in the feeling of being trolled by the rewards when I can guess what item it's going to stop on by the particular pattern preceding the stop.

You should never have the feeling of being trolled by a daily reward, it defeats the purpose. A daily reward should make you feel good so you keep logging in, even if it has to trick you into feeling good. This does the opposite for me. The rewards definitely need some tweaking. You should be saying "shucks, maybe next time" as the rare response, instead of the expected one.

One way to do this, is to just make it where every reward at least gives you something, even if it's not much. The fact that affinity rewards on things you have maxed out is one of the most common rewards is ridiculous. At the very least, that reward needs to be smart. It should choose affinity reward first, then randomly choose which slot that is not currently maxed out to give it to. If all slots are maxed out, it should give you some token that you can redeem for affinity on something in the future.

Most of the common rewards could do to be increased a bit as well. The credits reward is pretty laughable, and the affinity ones aren't so great even when they end up on something you're still leveling.

It's really just a little bonus if you think about it, so it makes no difference if it's a little janky.

However, there have been so many ideas for overhauls on the system (for at least the last 6 months) that I'm sure they could find some good ideas if they looked.

The Login Rewards need to take into account what Mastery Rank players are.  As a rank 11 player, Weapon blueprints, Weapon EXP and credit rewards(at their current value) are all nearly useless.  The only current login reward I actively use are forma.  Weapon EXP rewards tend to get wasted as I either have all Rank 30 gear on, or am leveling only a single item.  Past logins show me that it's not worth checking on a daily basis and I'm better off checking whenever I actually want to play because the rewards I want are avalible on each reward tier.

As far as possible rewards for those of us who've leveled just about everything:

Clan research mats (Muta Mass/Fieldron/Detonite injector) so we can get a head start on building the next Clan Tech toy that's released. 

Top Tier Void Keys (Rank 3 or 4) This might give some of us more of a reason to stay logged in and play rather than logging in, doing that one alert and then exiting.

Fusion Core Packs maybe other high MR players don't need them, but I'm still leveling those last few mods that just EAT cores once they're past R5 (I'm looking at you Serration, Hornet Strike ect).  If I had a chance to get a pack of fusion cores by logging in every day, I probably would.  Maybe you could give packs of 20 common or 10 Uncommon or 5 rare (all max rank).

Rare Spawn Ticket/Key I would like to complete my Detron, Stalker Weapon set or make the Brakk someday.  Too bad the spawn on these mobs are so terrible I can't be bothered to try anymore.  If you would give me some kind of single use trinket that caused one of these to spawn in my next mission, I would login every day (at least until I complete said weapons).  I'm not even asking you to cause the enemy to drop what I need.  All I want is some sure way to make one of these enemies spawn because farming invasions for the Nth time is not something I will waste my time on anymore.

TL;DR

----------

Players with a high Mastery Rank (MR 7-8+) do not use anything from the current login reward pool except for the very rare forma.  If there were more login rewards that were actually useful to me, I would start logging in every day.

I've got Sentinel Weapon affinity 3 times in 4 days and i don't even have a sentinel weapon to level.

At least make it so that you can't get the same reward 2 days in a row.

Also having loads of Gorgon/Glaive blueprints when you already have a rank 30 one of both isn't helping.

Can't you make it so that it checks if you actually have the weapon for said blueprint in your inventory before deciding to give you one? Because 2500 creds (bp sell value) as a 7-day login feels like an insult to me.

And finally not getting any affinity as a login reward if you already have everything of that kind maxed in your inventory would be a welcome change.

I still have loads of warframes to level so i don't mind warframe affinity, yet an irl friend of mine has all of his frames maxed and he's getting warframe affinity like crazy.

So far the best chance of getting the best plat discount (70%/75%) is 0-2 days with a 2/12th (16.66%) chance while the 7 day reward discount chance is 2/21th (9.52%) and that's when the chance of each reward would be equal, which i believe they aren't.

-Xarf

This has been happening to me for weeks... FOR WEEKS!!!!! Stupid weapon exp that i dont need then sentinel exp that I also dont need. EVERY. DAY. THIS. HAPPENS. WHYYYY D"":

i would simply be pleased to be able to get the 75 % discount every 6th month of my played time on the first of a month and not on any other day or time =))))

i didnt get it right now as well as if i get it it should stay until i buy or dissapear after one month

nothing else is fullfilling or enjoyable and everything else i get allready

if i should vote for some "physical" login-rewards: forma, forma, forma, forma, forma (which i get allready and because i have allready all as well as there cant be enough playing around with polarisations .... ;-)

Edited by RVNN3R

I still don't believe you can get Forma from login reward (I haven't seen it even once!). 

I like some of the ideas mentioned here very much, and must agree on what is said about higher mastery (8+) rewards.

XP rewards need to go first, definately. I am now trying to keep track (and Xarfrax as well) of the rewards we get with each login. 
After a month or so we're gonna crunch the numbers and we'll have good idea about the type of reward (and maybe if there is something like this) the time of day it is given. 

We noticed that when logging in around the same time, the rewards is equally crappy everytime (or RNG is really screwing us here). 

I tend to login around the sime time on weekdays (before I start my job) around 9ís in the morning, and I happen see a lot of Sent XP around that time. So much that it almost seems like it's not all RNG...