Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal Nerf Suggestion

Scr4mp

We all know that DE wants to nerf Excals radial blind and we all know that most people don't like it requiring line of sight.

We also know that Radial Blind as it is at the moment is a bit too good but we also know that at the moment Excalibur has only Radial Blind as a reliable and usefull late game ability.

Some people don't like the ability because it is easy to spam and to keep a whole room disabled with it, but we also know that if you need radial blind you need it as some kind of panic button if you want to pic up a squad member that got downed or just want to prevent a high level enemy from killing you within 2 seconds.

There are some suggestions out there to reduce its duration or range or make it so it has some kind of punch through and stuff, but we all know that this is a bit hard to implement.

And we too know that if it is implemented with line of sight it will cause alot of bugs and if the game is a bit laggy who knows what will happen...

We also know that once excaliburs radial blind is nerfed most of the people will take a mirage, make her prism real cheap and go on with blinding a whole room.

So my suggestion is, if radial blind has to be nerfed, do it the following way:

Enemies can't get blinded while they are still under the effect of radial blind.

We wouldn't have any problems from line of sight.

If you use it it still affects everyone in range and will still be a good panic button.

You can still shut down a whole room.

BUT spamming it isn't that effective anymore and you would have to time it right.

If you use it too soon your atempt to blind your enemy again will simply fail.

You would have to think about when too blind the enemies. If you blind half of the room for lets say 10 seconds and some enemies from the other half move into range after 5 seconds and you would blind again, the first half will be unaffected and the blind effect on them will be removed within 5 seconds. So you have to spam it alot and you will run out of energy soon if you really want to keep everybody blinded. Making it harder to use.

Besides that it is easier to implement, doesn't nerf radial blind to a level you want the other ablities of excal reworked and it also solves the fact that people would just take 2 or more excals with them or mixing excal with mirage.

And to those people talking about it is only loigcal that radial blind requires line of sight, stop it. Half if not far more of the ablities the warframe got are not logical. And besides that wouldn't it be logical that -considering the level of technology the warframes are at- whoever made them came up with a way to blind people without requiring line of sight? We maybe see a flash light but the way it works could be something completly different. (that would actually be the most ninja move you can do, make the enemy think you are using a specific technology while you are actually using something completly different, because even though you got the best weapon you are still confronted with the possibilty that your weapons could get used against you. However if you make your enemies believe to know how they work while they haven't figured it out the slightest bit sloves hat problem right from the start)

Also, space magic.

Sorry  but im definitly not going to agree with it. Radial Blind is not too strong. Even Mirages Discoball ending effect is the same and on top its dealing damage before.

There are better abilites for CC then Radial blind and also some Frames deserv nerfing much much more then excalibur. Exalibut is one of the frames i never saw in need of a nerf. I would go as far and say excal is one of the Frames who needs a buff instead.

Nerf....excal....satan takes us all....what is this non-sense D:

Excalibur is far too OP as he is. One of his abilities stuns enemies for 4 seconds (not scaling with duration). Too OP please nerf. 

Meanwhile miss "entire room fighting itself for 30 seconds" Nyx, doctor "press 3 a few times and the whole room is stunlocked" Vauban and mister "press 2 for complete godmode and immunity" Rhino are not even touched by the devs

IF ANYTHING Excalibur prime needs a major buff. Considering other primes have a slight buff from their normal counterparts.

DE, stick to the line of sight and leave it at that. Skilled players will still be OP because we know where to pinpoint the Radial Blind to hit the highest number of enemies. 

and for Lord's Sake, buff Excalibur Prime. 

If we get abilities with line-of-sight limitation, then we probably should fix explosions going through walls  and all enemies knowing exactly where you are while alerts are going on. They do not search for you, they run straight towards your position unless you're cloaked, at which point they will move towards the point where they saw you last until the moment you decloak, where they'll all converge on your position again, even if NOBODY has seen you head there.

I guess DE realized that CC is the only type of ability that actually still makes a difference after 2 hours into a mission, and that they have to make it less viable so players no longer play longer than 60 minutes. Because blinding an enemy for 10 seconds or longer is required to gun them down with your by-then severely lackluster weapons.

Edited by ScorpDK

IF ANYTHING Excalibur prime needs a major buff. Considering other primes have a slight buff from their normal counterparts.

DE, stick to the line of sight and leave it at that. Skilled players will still be OP because we know where to pinpoint the Radial Blind to hit the highest number of enemies. 

and for Lord's Sake, buff Excalibur Prime. 

Excalibur is one of the half of primes that has a buff at all (shield recharge), the others being Rhino and Loki.  Mag, Ember, and Frost have naught.  I assume that Nyx might have a buff too though, and at that point it will be >50% (if you include Excalibur's shield recharge buff, that is).

Honestly, I'd prefer that primes remained as mostly cosmetic pre-forma'd (or extra polarity, if you prefer) side-grades than straight upgrades.  It's annoying enough to have legions of Rhino primes that render a regular Rhino irrelevant.  Or prime weapons that render regular weapons irrelevant, for that matter.  That's a separate topic though.

I don't think Excalibur "deserved" the nerf, considering how they're generally considered a not-great frame.  It seemed a simpler solution would've been just a slight increase in energy cost or something like that.  I can't say I'm blown away by many of the compensating suggestions in the "Hot Topics" discussion either.

Edited by (PS4)Zeylon

We all know that DE wants to nerf Excals radial blind and we all know that most people don't like it requiring line of sight.

We also know that Radial Blind as it is at the moment is a bit too good but we also know that at the moment Excalibur has only Radial Blind as a reliable and usefull late game ability.

Some people don't like the ability because it is easy to spam and to keep a whole room disabled with it, but we also know that if you need radial blind you need it as some kind of panic button if you want to pic up a squad member that got downed or just want to prevent a high level enemy from killing you within 2 seconds.

There are some suggestions out there to reduce its duration or range or make it so it has some kind of punch through and stuff, but we all know that this is a bit hard to implement.

And we too know that if it is implemented with line of sight it will cause alot of bugs and if the game is a bit laggy who knows what will happen...

We also know that once excaliburs radial blind is nerfed most of the people will take a mirage, make her prism real cheap and go on with blinding a whole room.

So my suggestion is, if radial blind has to be nerfed, do it the following way:

Enemies can't get blinded while they are still under the effect of radial blind.

We wouldn't have any problems from line of sight.

If you use it it still affects everyone in range and will still be a good panic button.

You can still shut down a whole room.

BUT spamming it isn't that effective anymore and you would have to time it right.

If you use it too soon your atempt to blind your enemy again will simply fail.

You would have to think about when too blind the enemies. If you blind half of the room for lets say 10 seconds and some enemies from the other half move into range after 5 seconds and you would blind again, the first half will be unaffected and the blind effect on them will be removed within 5 seconds. So you have to spam it alot and you will run out of energy soon if you really want to keep everybody blinded. Making it harder to use.

Besides that it is easier to implement, doesn't nerf radial blind to a level you want the other ablities of excal reworked and it also solves the fact that people would just take 2 or more excals with them or mixing excal with mirage.

And to those people talking about it is only loigcal that radial blind requires line of sight, stop it. Half if not far more of the ablities the warframe got are not logical. And besides that wouldn't it be logical that -considering the level of technology the warframes are at- whoever made them came up with a way to blind people without requiring line of sight? We maybe see a flash light but the way it works could be something completly different. (that would actually be the most ninja move you can do, make the enemy think you are using a specific technology while you are actually using something completly different, because even though you got the best weapon you are still confronted with the possibilty that your weapons could get used against you. However if you make your enemies believe to know how they work while they haven't figured it out the slightest bit sloves hat problem right from the start)

Also, space magic.

This is the best idea I've heard for NERFING radial blind, even though it shouldn't be nerfed haha

Excalibur is one of the half of primes that has a buff at all (shield recharge), the others being Rhino and Loki.  Mag, Ember, and Frost have naught.  I assume that Nyx might have a buff too though, and at that point it will be >50% (if you include Excalibur's shield recharge buff, that is).

plz dont spread rumors if u dont even have excalibur prime. excalibur prime has the same shield recharge speed as all other warframe. yes, u may never heard of that, but ALL warframes have the same shield recharge speed.

plz dont spread rumors if u dont even have excalibur prime. excalibur prime has the same shield recharge speed as all other warframe. yes, u may never heard of that, but ALL warframes have the same shield recharge speed.

I didn't spread the rumor, the wiki did.  Take it up with them.

The LoS idea is not bad at all(for me). With that idea, ability need to be used with some tactics in mind. So it somewhat scales with player skill. But, on other side, in some situation, this make the ability useles or hard to use(which degrade fun factor).

I like to use LoS as a bonus. So the ability has radial effect (as of now) within limited range, but also affect enemies in larger area if they are in LoS.

Of course, this need some sort of balance(change the ranges, change effects of power range and/or power strength mods on both ranges) and better LoS detection.

But it takes the better of the two approaches.

It will be easy to use(specialy for newbe like me :) ) in most situation, but skilled player can use it much better.

This can be also more funny, than pure radial/pure LoS approach. I like the idea of power combination like Super jump and RB so it can go above the obstacles on some map.