The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Change The Buzloc Tracer Round To Alt-Fire

Countess_Hapmuhr

Hi!

When I tried out the Buzloc today, I really enjoyed it's sound and fire rate. However, there were moments where I really needed to hit a target far away and couldn't, because the zoom function activates the tracer. Now, since other weapons like the Quanta utilize the alt fire button, I'd like if this gun also used that, because then normal zoom would be free as a sort of iron sight. If this were to be implemented, the Buzloc would function as a normal rifle, but with the tracer round option on the side. It'd give the rifle even more utility.

I don't have this gun yet, but I've already identified the zoom-to-fire-tracer mechanic as something I'm going to hate virulently because I use the aim function of my weapon constantly.

If I were designing this thing I might have considered making it so that each round fired has a slight homing effect on following shots. So you can zoom and shoot as normal. Hitting an enemy with one round adds a very slight seeking effect to following shots, stacking into stronger and stronger levels of guidance bendy-ness, until you get the full on "ZF1 Mode" after you'd dumped 10-15 rounds into a target.

When I was theorycrafting how a homing weapob might work I thought of something along the lines of mags bullet attractor.

Where the longer you hold your reticle over an enemy, the bigger the "bubble" that you can shoot at gets.

Instead of needing to get lucky with a longrange tracer, an element of skill is now involved in tracking the target in order to get the homing factor going.

This would also free up the scope for long range shots and allow the weapon to be hitscan.

When I was theorycrafting how a homing weapob might work I thought of something along the lines of mags bullet attractor.

Where the longer you hold your reticle over an enemy, the bigger the "bubble" that you can shoot at gets.

Instead of needing to get lucky with a longrange tracer, an element of skill is now involved in tracking the target in order to get the homing factor going.

This would also free up the scope for long range shots and allow the weapon to be hitscan.

Cool idea, but I like my ZF-1, er, Buzlok's intended design.

But I think it would be awesome if that was the proc effect for Magnetic damage (since 50% shield reduction is pretty underwhelming).

I disagree. I can understand the reason for wanting to have a zoom function on the weapon normally, the other alt fire weapons have gotten rid of it entirely. Besides, the two functions of the weapon- to lock on to an enemy and fire at them mindlessly as your bullets fly sideways towards them, and to spray and pray when you really need to- don't need a zoom function. In the first, once you've put a target on the enemy, you don't really need a zoom. On the second, spraying and praying isn't really something that needs a zoom either. If you wanted to use a normal scoped rifle, there are honestly better options.

Hi!

When I tried out the Buzloc today, I really enjoyed it's sound and fire rate. However, there were moments where I really needed to hit a target far away and couldn't, because the zoom function activates the tracer. Now, since other weapons like the Quanta utilize the alt fire button, I'd like if this gun also used that, because then normal zoom would be free as a sort of iron sight. If this were to be implemented, the Buzloc would function as a normal rifle, but with the tracer round option on the side. It'd give the rifle even more utility.

The idea for the weapon was a long ranged weapon. You're suppose to tag someone and then unload without aiming. Sometimes for fun i shoot straight up.

However, most of the time i just tag one enemy, kill it, and then happily plug away in full auto mode. Its an interesting gun, fo sho.  

I have to agree, the way the tracker is set up it is more of a draw back. I think there are a few options..

When zooming in, you have to lock onto an enemy before it starts homing (like the codex scanner but maybe only half a second or so) - this way you won't waste ammo and you'll know if you are tracking the enemy rather then slightly missing and shooting the wall or something.

Or have all the bullets have a slight homing similar to ash's shurikens or bombard's guns and take out the tracker all together.

There could be several other options that could way more intuitive then what we have now.

Hi!

Alt Fire And Zoom In Are Separate Keys. Why Don't They Work As Such?