Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building A Valkyr, Any Advice?

Kuronan

Question

I have a few questions for anyone who has had, or is currently still using a Valkyr.

Does the Life Strike mod work while in Hysteria? I'm trying to make an overall melee build for Valkyr, and I'm reading information on the Wiki. I do not currently have the Life Strike mod myself but I am considering farming for it. I do realize Life Strike is actually a good mod for Valkyr but I don't know whether it will affect her Hysteria or not.

Could someone also recommend a good Melee Weapon for me? I'm currently using the Serro for Base Damage (Elemental Damage on a weapon is pretty nice as it allows me to mod for specific factions better) but I am planning on building a Dragon Nikana immediately after I hit Mastery Rank 8.

Finally, could I get some recommendations for less than obvious mods? I'm planning on adding Rage, Steel Fiber and Vitality as they all seem to work with the general. I am also considering Flow, Streamline, Quick Rest and Quick Thinking mods to the overall build.

14 answers to this question

dont plan to build d nikana, it sucks

you shouldve gotten your ichors like a good gamer who breaks DE approved content at rank 6.

Mod valkyr for max duration and efficience. Then add basic streanght. The your rage trifecta.

May I ask why this is? I'm not really a fan of mashing the melee key like crazy and I do like high BASE Damage weapons. Although this is only to a point as I don't like weapons that take too long to start off like the Jag Kittag (which I leveled to 30 and then trashed because the first attack was honestly too slow and I felt the Serro would be an overall improvement due to Elemental Damage actually being better for both status and modding.

dont plan to build d nikana, it sucks

you shouldve gotten your ichors like a good gamer who breaks DE approved content at rank 6.

Mod valkyr for max duration and efficience. Then add basic streanght. The your rage trifecta.

Ewww, that grammar.

Dragon Nikana is a top-tier weapon, and IIRC, either of the two stances can work quite well. I haven't tried Tranquil Cleave on mine yet, but Decisive Judgement works wonders on practically everything, and works well with Lifestrike. Otherwise, I would recommend Dakra Prime and Orthos Prime, as they both work well in a Lifestrike build.

I don't remember the details, but I'm pretty sure none of the Channeling mods work with Hysteria enabled, although all the other mods do. That said, Hysteria has Lifeleech built in, so if you plan on using Hysteria extensively, I think it would be best to acquire the Ichors as soon as you can.

If you plan on not using Hysteria, then you would be best off with Rage+Steel Fiber+Vitality+Power Str+flow, and using one of the above mentioned Lifestrike weapons. Personally, I use Orthos Prime for any "Sword Alone" content, as I can actually hit flying enemies with that, but just be careful with how quickly you will go through energy with that build.

Warcry > Hysteria

Go for a max power strength build with a long power duration.

This is my personal build for her. http://goo.gl/Yihv5F

This guy knows what he's doing, listen to him.

Edited by Magnar21

this is the only way i'd ever use Valkyr.

rQb7hFB.png

Mods are at the levels that i'd leave them at in order to still be 'playable' in my eyes.

i don't see much use for Rage since i avoid taking Damage, and my Energy is usually full anyways.

Steel Fiber would be nice but i find more Duration for WarCry to be more useful. 

and Dual Ichor are the only Melee to use for Valkyr, heh. because they boost Hysteria the most.

if you care about Hysteria, ofcourse. i only have it because it's a Mod Slot, and why not. it's a get out of jail free card anyways. if my Health is getting low, that fixes it. kind've amusing to pretend to be a pinball in Hysteria too.

Edit:

if you're looking for Melee's for using Life Strike, honestly, Ichor are flexible and will do very high Damage per attack. with only Status Elementals and many Utility Mods rather than Damage ones - meaning pretty meek Damage compared to absolute maximum Damage - i can still fairly often do hits for 8000-17,000. this does not include Channeling or Steel Charge.

the higher area of these numbers easily being able to fill your Health bar in one swing.

but personal preferences are most important, choosing a Melee that you like the playstyle of.

Edited by taiiat

Greetings mate.

The core mods for Valk. would be Rage,Steel fiber and Vitality.

Pairing Valkyr with fast,crit weapons such as the dual ichor works really well,since Hysteria inherits its crit rate,amongst other things.

If you choose to make a build centered arround the use of Hysteria,then you need a lot of power strenght as well as a good deal of power duration. But also keep Warcry,it is as usefull as Hysteria itself. Use warcry to buff Valkyr,when health gets low enter Hysteria and even then warcry can be used to further buff Hysteria.

A life strike build is feasible on Valkyr,if you are using a very powerful weapon. Warcry is most important in such a build(And so is Steel fiber),but also keep Hysteria when things aren`t going your way. Again,Power strenght and Power duration are of use.

Paralysis is also quite an useful skill to have,if you end up having some room for it. It only costs 5 energy to cast,and acts like a short stun,giving Valkyr some breathing room.It drains your shields though,but Valkyr doesn`t have much use for them anyway.

One last thing worth noting is power efficiency,you`ll need a decent ammount to counteract Blind Rage or just to make skills a bit more spamable.

I hope this info is of some use.

Good luck and good hunting mates.

Edited by yetanotherunoriginalname

I'm watching this topic carefully and also carefully reading the Wiki. I think part of the reason I'm still making this a topic is because I'm honestly not a fan of Critical builds and Critical Strikes overall. I do prefer a much more solid source of damage not reliant on special conditions or effects (I actually refuse to build the Dakra Prime despite having Crimson Dervish because I consider the stance to be an exploit in and of itself even though DE has not in any way stated this is a deliberate exploit or otherwise nerfed it.)

I can see with the 300% critical damage and 25% critical strike why someone would build crit and attack speed on it (especially with Berserker mod) but I still like the Dragon Nikana's base damage of 85 (even if it is non-elemental unlike the Dual Ichor)

So I'd like to ask-if anyone is willing-to see actual damage calculations with both a strong Dual Ichor Build and a full damage Dragon Nikana Build. I will strongly consider trashing my Serro in favor of the Dual Ichor if I can see numbers and trying it out of for myself but I'd like to see the numbers first.

To anyone asking yes, I do plan on going to Hysteria a lot, I do enjoy the sensation of running into my enemies and dealing nightmarish amounts of damage while taking absolutely none in turn even if I do sadly lack the Range of other weapons that I am at this point, very used to. I did end up building Valkyr for Hysteria as well as more Mobility with Ripline (because honestly, there are cases where I've gotten stuck that Ripline has Pulled me out of after I built Valkyr, pun intended.)

Also please disregard Steel Charge for both builds, I DO want to use Energy Siphon for some added utility to the Team or Physique to regenerate some of my own health because we all know Valkyr cannot rely on her Shields.

Edited by Kuronan

I wouldn't trash your Serro for anything :) It's a very good weapon. *EDIT* Have you tried building it for status chance? I managed to get over 70% with mine, works very well indeed!

If you're stance-ing(?) or channelling the Ichors will most likely be superior, as the combos achieved with Swirling Tiger mean you can rack up an alarming amount of hits in a short space of time, thus snowballing the crit damage/Berserker attack speed as well as the damage multiplier.

If you're primarily executing "quick" melee (i.e. meleeing with your primary or secondary still equipped) the Dragon Nikana is probably your best option. As you say its per-hit damage is through the roof, and is generally slower and more methodical than the Dual Ichors. Of course it still works great with combos and/or channelling, but I suspect the Ichors will out-DPS in that field.

I'm afraid I have no numbers to run up, but those are my experiences with both weapons.

Edited by Dualice

uhhhhh a lot of people here are saying hysteria build sucks, but you CANT stay for 1 hour on t4 sup. or t4 def over than 50 rounds with that build, i know a lot of people love ichors-warcry but being seriously is boring as fk, and almost useless if you want a long t4, personally i recommend you to build full hysteria.

PD: try to check on general->warframes. there is a topic explainig how hysteria build works and how can easily beat any double ichors build 

Edited by MaxHeadroomS

uhhhhh a lot of people here are saying hysteria build sucks, but you CANT stay for 1 hour on t4 sup. or t4 def over than 50 rounds with that build, i know a lot of people love ichors-warcry but being seriously is boring as fk, and almost useless if you want a long t4, personally i recommend you to build full hysteria.

PD: try to check on general->warframes. there is a topic explainig how hysteria build works and how can easily beat any double ichors build 

Not everyone plays against very high lvl enemies.

I wouldn't trash your Serro for anything :) It's a very good weapon. *EDIT* Have you tried building it for status chance? I managed to get over 70% with mine, works very well indeed!

If you're stance-ing(?) or channelling the Ichors will most likely be superior, as the combos achieved with Swirling Tiger mean you can rack up an alarming amount of hits in a short space of time, thus snowballing the crit damage/Berserker attack speed as well as the damage multiplier.

If you're primarily executing "quick" melee (i.e. meleeing with your primary or secondary still equipped) the Dragon Nikana is probably your best option. As you say its per-hit damage is through the roof, and is generally slower and more methodical than the Dual Ichors. Of course it still works great with combos and/or channelling, but I suspect the Ichors will out-DPS in that field.

I'm afraid I have no numbers to run up, but those are my experiences with both weapons.

I ran a Trinity before I built my Valkyr, so 'quick' melee would be more ideal for my tastes on her. However, with the Valkyr I will be executing melee combos, so I guess Dual Ichors will be superior in that regard. Thank you for the advice, even if you don't have the numbers. I will still be building a Dragon Nikana, but I'll build it for my Trinity and maybe another Warframe that doesn't focus on getting in your face.

And I don't really have many weapon slots... I don't buy Platinum and the Trade Channel is annoying as hell because I don't have full weapons or rare mods to sell, so I always get flooded out by cheaper or bigger offers. No one wants a Dakra Prime Blade, they just want the full set in my experience. I can't even find a Stance mod for it so the weapon just feels really clumsy when I'm trying to combo and it doesn't look that great either.

PD: try to check on general->warframes. there is a topic explaining how hysteria build works and how can easily beat any double ichors build 

I am looking for an end-game build like this, but I can't find it in between the many 'NERF HYSTERIA INVULNERABILITY!' threads I keep seeing... Would you kindly provide me a link to one such thread? I'll keep looking anyway though.

Edited by Kuronan

You say Warcry with Dual Ichor (I use Dual Zoren though) is boring but staying invincible is funner? How does that make sense. You can also go 1 hour on T4 survival with just Warcry as Warcry buffs your melee speed and armor but also slows down your enemies and lowers their rate of fire.

To OP, you might not like Hysteria as you seem to not like critical weapons and Hysteria can only get good damage numbers from running critical weapons.

You say Warcry with Dual Ichor (I use Dual Zoren though) is boring but staying invincible is funner? How does that make sense. You can also go 1 hour on T4 survival with just Warcry as Warcry buffs your melee speed and armor but also slows down your enemies and lowers their rate of fire.

To OP, you might not like Hysteria as you seem to not like critical weapons and Hysteria can only get good damage numbers from running critical weapons.

LOL dont get angry, im not saying dual ichors build is bad, but is boring and only works -50 lvl enemies this guy is looking for a full end-game build and thats is hysteria build, not dual ichors build i´ve seen some people agreed with me and the numbers in terms of dmg are with my arguments. Just look some threads on warframes section and see how hysteria can be more powerfull than double ichors specially in long t4 games.

Edited by MaxHeadroomS